Gonzaga Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Boy, we sure do shut down scoring in the paint.
IMG_3842.jpeg

Reaction Score
Who's beating us barring significant injuries. Do tell.

The usual suspects, Creighton and Marquette away are the most likely to. Not sure we will have a WTF like St Johns at home last year. If we lose again it will help us later on.

Reaction Score
Am I bugging or was the Watson 3 that stood as their lone 3 for quite some time well within the 3pt arc? Was it reviewed during a timeout and does college do that like the NBA?
No, it was not. I just watched tape: He was clearly outside the three-point Arc. I think you confused the pro three-point line for the college three-point line.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Yea it made me smile when they hit the breaks upon seeing the Great Wall of Clingan. PLUS, Clingan did not jump. He held his position each time. Very disciplined
LOL. I'm going to remember that phrase!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Another data point which indicates we are better than our #5 ranking. This team is really good. The game starts and they look like a predator figuring out how to tire out their prey then they pounce and all of sudden it is a10+ point lead. My son asked what I thought after we made that run when they started cutting into the lead and it was basically our players from last year that responded and punched back hard. I turned to him and said they just have a look of a team with Championship dna…..honestly said that about a minute before Bilas said the same thing. It’s clear we not win it but we’re not going down this year without taking and arm or a leg from our competition. What a pleasure to watch a team game being played the right way. Kudos to DH the coaching staff and players. We are again a special program.
Exactly!!!!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Good win. Lead wire to wire.

I had one question. Newton started the game guarding Nembhard and didn't do a good job. Then Hurley put Spencer on Nembhard a bunch of times and Spencer got torched. Why after 1 or 2 possessions stay with that? Why even try that at all? If Newton couldn't guard Nembhard then Spencer definitely couldn't. Once Hurley put Castle and Diarra on Nembhard it was lights out Gonzaga. That's probably the major reason why Diarra played 19 minutes.
People may roast me for this and I love TN so this is not meant as anything more than an observation. If you recall last year when we started losing in January we could not defend quick point guards unless it was Diarra. But last year we figured it out and more importantly TN improved in that area. He can do it but he has to sell out and force the player to his off hand. If I was giving TN any advice to improve his draft stock it is improving his on ball defense. Think about it Castle may one day be a better offensive player than TN as right now he is when healthy probably as good as maybe better than TN at going to the hoop and he is a good passer but offensively TN right now I think we would agree is a better offensive player. But defensively it is not close and the better defender is a lottery pick next year. I understand I only touched on a few of the variables on what makes SC project so high but I am pretty confident defense is not considered a + area for TN.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That Kansas game will pay huge dividends in February and March.

I know many will not like me saying it but was absolutely a loss worth while.
I'd argue that it would've paid the same benefits if Cam's three had gone in. Regardless, it's not a loss that troubles me.

Reaction Score
but I am pretty confident defense is not considered a + area for TN.
He's not as good as Castle and isn't necessarily a strong perimeter defender like him, but Newton's defensive metrics are all very good

Reaction Score
Hans Sprungfeld referred to Hassan Diarra as a "not on my watch" player. He is a guy that will come in and do things to circumvent a WTF kind of game. Hopeful that Samson will be ready for that later in the season as well. Not sure that Alleyne and Joey C were quite like that last year, especially during the BE regular season.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
His response makes no sense.

He's 100% no for them joining because he doesn't want to fly across country yet he says "let's do it" on them joining for basketball only.

Does he think he'll need to fly to Spokane for soccer or volleyball games?

Does he think if they join for basketball only St John's will never play them in Spokane?

Also, I find it difficult to believe they would join for all sports so basketball only would be the logical scenario.

Reaction Score
His response makes no sense.

He's 100% no for them joining because he doesn't want to fly across country yet he says "let's do it" on them joining for basketball only.

Does he think he'll need to fly to Spokane for soccer or volleyball games?

Does he think if they join for basketball only St John's will never play them in Spokane?

Also, I find it difficult to believe they would join for all sports so basketball only would be the logical scenario.
He's sounding a little loopy lately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom