Go Shockers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Go Shockers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This point guard is going to get called for 10 seconds soon. He isn't paying any attention.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
They're on an eleven game winning streak with wins over MSU (x2), Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, Iowa State, and Arizona.

They are very talented.

Did you just see that 3 by Wichita? There was no one within a country mile of that shooter.

How can you possibly call OSU a good team. That was terrible. Just horrible. How can that happen with under 3 minutes left?

Reaction Score
They're on an eleven game winning streak with wins over MSU (x2), Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana, Iowa State, and Arizona.

They are very talented.

Entirely too reasonable. They're "wildly overrated" and have no one who's a threat on their team, including the Big 10's leading scorer, who we all know wouldn't get off the bench at UConn.

Reaction Score
How can you possibly call OSU a good team. That was terrible. Just horrible. How can that happen with under 3 minutes left?

If I didnt know better I would think you were being sarcastic this is so ridiculous. Next time Stonybrook hits an open 3 against UConn I want to hear you pump that "overrated" nonsense.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
This is a Kansas team. Give up 10 in the final 10 seconds? Why not?

Reaction Score
I'm starting to think that the inbound play is a lost art

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Who do you like on Ohio State?

Obviously Thomas is good. Craft is a good player, unfortunately he's picking a terrible time to play one of the worst games of his career. Their perimeter defense is as good as any in the country, which makes me think they could give Louisville some trouble. Laquinton Ross is the guy that makes me think they are a legit title contender - he's playing like a lottery pick right now.

Reaction Score
GO SHOCKERS . . .
shocker.jpg

Reaction Score
Entirely too reasonable. They're "wildly overrated" and have no one who's a threat on their team, including the Big 10's leading scorer, who we all know wouldn't get off the bench at UConn.

I didn't say they're wildly overrated. I said he wildly overrates them if he thinks they're a much bigger threat than Wichita. They are rated about where they should be. BIG DIFFERENCE. As for leading scorers, Bryce Cotton lead the BE this year. So what?

Reaction Score
Obviously Thomas is good. Craft is a good player, unfortunately he's picking a terrible time to play one of the worst games of his career. Their perimeter defense is as good as any in the country, which makes me think they could give Louisville some trouble. Laquinton Ross is the guy that makes me think they are a legit title contender - he's playing like a lottery pick right now.

Perimeter defense is good? Really? Then how do you explain what we just saw?

Reaction Score
If I didnt know better I would think you were being sarcastic this is so ridiculous. Next time Stonybrook hits an open 3 against UConn I want to hear you pump that "overrated" nonsense.

Stony Brook is not hitting an open 3 against UConn in the F8 with the game on the line in the final minutes, nor is UConn leaving any 3 point shooter all alone like that.

Reaction Score
Stony Brook is not hitting an open 3 against UConn in the F8 with the game on the line in the final minutes, nor is UConn leaving any 3 point shooter all alone like that.

I'm still trying to figure out why its so important for Ohio State to beat Louisville. I would be rooting for Louisville and be totally indifferent if OSU faced Duke. OSU is an inherently unlikeable institution.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

They are very talented.
Not talented enough apparently

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The refs just stopped calling fouls on Ohio State the last 10 minutes of the game. A mid-major has to win by 10 in the Final 8 to win at all. Wichita State won by 15 tonight, no matter what the scoreboard says.

Reaction Score
Upstater - OSU's biggest problem in that game was Wichita going 8-20 from three while they went 5 of 25. Some of that was probably defense, but most of it was probably unfortunate statistical variance. Their other problem is not having a shotblocker inside - Craft, Scott, and Smith Jr. are all exceptional defenders on the perimeter, however nobody on their team blocks shots with any regularity.

I'm not making OSU out to be a juggernaut because they're not, but if you think a Wichita team that struggled that mightily with OSU's press will survive Louisville's press, you are sadly mistaken. Don't confuse my opinion here with me thinking they didn't earn their spot in Atlanta, because they certainly did, and they are a good team. But the talent disparity between OSU and Wichita was pretty wide. Wichita was simply more well-coached, tougher, and hungrier today.

Reaction Score
The refs just stopped calling fouls on Ohio State the last 10 minutes of the game. A mid-major has to win by 10 in the Final 8 to win at all. Wichita State won by 15 tonight, no matter what the scoreboard says.

Felt like it went the other way in 2006. Seemed like Mason got several breaks - they called something really soft on us with about a minute to go (palming, maybe?) that took away a key bucket. Not a horrendous call, just something you wouldn't expect in that spot.

Perhaps my homer glasses don't remember some breaks we did get (and i've said often the refs handed us the UW game, so I'm not that much of a homer). And it wasn't the reason we lost, of course. Just was clearly a case where the refs called it straight up and let the better team win.

Reaction Score
Time to jump on the bandwagon! Hoping the Shockers go all the way. They're the only team to make this thing interesting right now.

Reaction Score
Upstater - OSU's biggest problem in that game was Wichita going 8-20 from three while they went 5 of 25. Some of that was probably defense, but most of it was probably unfortunate statistical variance. Their other problem is not having a shotblocker inside - Craft, Scott, and Smith Jr. are all exceptional defenders on the perimeter, however nobody on their team blocks shots with any regularity.

I'm not making OSU out to be a juggernaut because they're not, but if you think a Wichita team that struggled that mightily with OSU's press will survive Louisville's press, you are sadly mistaken. Don't confuse my opinion here with me thinking they didn't earn their spot in Atlanta, because they certainly did, and they are a good team. But the talent disparity between OSU and Wichita was pretty wide. Wichita was simply more well-coached, tougher, and hungrier today.

I honestly saw things differently. I saw very poor perimeter defense from OSU. I was shocked how bad it was.

Reaction Score
Felt like it went the other way in 2006. Seemed like Mason got several breaks - they called something really soft on us with about a minute to go (palming, maybe?) that took away a key bucket. Not a horrendous call, just something you wouldn't expect in that spot.

Perhaps my homer glasses don't remember some breaks we did get (and i've said often the refs handed us the UW game, so I'm not that much of a homer). And it wasn't the reason we lost, of course. Just was clearly a case where the refs called it straight up and let the better team win.
Was just going to post something akin to this. GMUs two big guys were allowed to massacre our guys. They were shorter and bulkier (6'7"-6'9"), which is why Adrien and (if I recall correctly) Nelson matched up pretty decently with them. But they were allowed to just bully Boone and Armstrong with impunity.

And the palming violation was not just questionable, but indefensible. I don't remember the score at the time, but I remember feeling that it was devastating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom