Go see The Boys in the Boat | The Boneyard

Go see The Boys in the Boat

Reaction Score
Took my parents to see this movie as part of their Christmas present for this year. My dad had read the book and loved it.

The movie was excellent, and while we were in smaller theater for Regal, there were only a few seats open for the 2:35 screening
and it's one of those movies where the entire audience was clapping at the end.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wanted to go Christmas day but it didn't work out. Going this evening with my parents. We've all read the book and looking forward to the movie.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We saw the movie last night and loved it - we pre-ordered seats or else wouldn’t have gotten in. My husband has read the book and said the movie is mostly faithful to it except for some tinkering with the timeline and other less important things. I found it uplifting and enjoyable, sort of a feel good story like The Martian.

I looked at Rotten Tomatoes and was stunned that only 56% of the reviewers liked it with one saying there was too much clapping by the crowds in the movie. Well, duh, it’s a sports movie, fans tend to clap. Others said there was no deeper meaning, that it was too glossy, as though every movie needs to be Citizen Kane. if only the reviewers understood that movies are entertainment and Boys in the Boat sure does entertain, as evidenced by the 96% approval score from the audience.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Do critics ever like based on true story sports movies? It seems like they don't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom