Glen Miller still looking for his next stop in coaching (G. Keefe) | The Boneyard

Glen Miller still looking for his next stop in coaching (G. Keefe)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I wish him good fortune in whatever his pursuit leads him to and appreciate what he did at UConn.
That being said, it really was time for him to go

C

Chief00

This CONFIRMS what I had posted about the UConn position discussions - early on it was more Glen's lack of interest/demands why it did not get done because he wanted to pursue coaching. But, there was consideration given to his state benefit situation, contrary to what was posted by certain casual fans.
It's interesting that basically his hometown newspaper says he has not said anything Publicly bad about KO. But if your UConn you can't totally disregard if damage was done due to what he might have said off the record. I also think that perception may have hurt him with other jobs, regardless of how someone may have felt about KO.

I think Glen might benefit from repackaging his coaching - with focus on scouting and roles on the bench during games ( keeping track of minutes, timeouts and fouls). Perhaps at his age his recruiting days may be over other than facility tours - which he does well. The Bigs coach role was never a good fit and if he does individual workouts it should be with guards.
I can't believe there isn't a team out there that couldn't use his scouting report ability. He does that well, probably second to Blaney for UConn assistants.

I wish him the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
This CONFIRMS what I had posted about the UConn position discussions - early on it was more Glen's lack of interest/demands why it did not get done because he wanted to pursue coaching. But, there was consideration given to his state benefit situation, contrary to what was posted by certain casual fans.
It's interesting that basically his hometown newspaper says he has not said anything Publicly bad about KO. But if your UConn you can't totally disregard if damage was done due to what he might have said off the record. I also think that perception may have hurt him with other jobs, regardless of how someone may have felt about KO.

I think Glen might benefit from repackaging his coaching - with focus on scouting and roles on the bench during games ( keeping track of minutes, timeouts and fouls). Perhaps at his age his recruiting days may be over other than facility tours - which he does well. The Bigs coach role was never a good fit and if he does individual workouts it should be with guards.
I can't believe there isn't a team out there that couldn't use his scouting report ability. He does that well, probably second to Blaney for UConn assistants.

I wish him the best.
This is stale

C

Chief00

This is stale
Actually it's not - this is the first time the Miller camp confirmed there were non basketball UConn job discussions. There had been criticism KO fired Glen and his medical/retirement years were under what was needed.

Reaction Score
This article made me sad.

Hope Glen finds a job. Interesting that he was talking about a non-coaching job at UConn.

Reaction Score
This article made me sad.

Hope Glen finds a job. Interesting that he was talking about a non-coaching job at UConn.

Maybe in dance?:eek:

The best to Glen hope he finds a spot, he does deserve it.

Reaction Score

I wish him the best.

As best I can tell, nothing in your post about Miller is true. I called you out awhile ago about your source as to Miller's supposedly bad mouthing KO to recruits and got no response. It might surprise you that I am beginning to think you are a mouthpiece for the KO camp. I am not a casual fan on this subject but whomever you are getting your info from is not telling you the whole story.

Miller is way too smart to bad mouth his former employer. Nothing in that story confirms that there were ever any offers made to Miller for a non coaching position. To suggest otherwise or that Miller had an opportunity to stay at UCONN.....is not accurate.

You seem to have some reason that you think it is important to repeat this position; perhaps it is to defend KO.

I have stated before that KO had the right to terminate Miller. I want the program to succeed. But stop this nonsense about Miller.

I am calling you out again....what positions was Miller offered?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Best of luck Glen.
Is Gavin Keefe the reporter that many Boneyarders believe slants his writing with an anti UConn bias?

C

Chief00

As best I can tell, nothing in your post about Miller is true. I called you out awhile ago about your source as to Miller's supposedly bad mouthing KO to recruits and got no response. It might surprise you that I am beginning to think you are a mouthpiece for the KO camp. I am not a casual fan on this subject but whomever you are getting your info from is not telling you the whole story.

Miller is way too smart to bad mouth his former employer. Nothing in that story confirms that there were ever any offers made to Miller for a non coaching position. To suggest otherwise or that Miller had an opportunity to stay at UConn.....is not accurate.

You seem to have some reason that you think it is important to repeat this position; perhaps it is to defend KO.

I have stated before that KO had the right to terminate Miller. I want the program to succeed. But stop this nonsense about Miller.

I am calling you out again....what positions was Miller offered?

I will take you at your word that you are not a casual fan but you certainly are a casual reader. I wrote there were "position discussions", which is different than offers. I do believe that the main hurdles were Glen , at that point, still wanted to pursue coaching and he wanted a higher salary level.
Glen still doesn't accept what happened and none of the language from his camp has been good about KO orcabout the fairness of what happened.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Good for Glen for having a camp. Dude got fired, Chief. He was part of Dream Season and two national titles. Deserves some respect. Let it go.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
That story strikes fear in to the heart of all of us moving in to our 50's who have been in a job for a long time. The thought of going out and finding a new gig sounds awful.

C

Chief00

Good for Glen for having a camp. Dude got fired, Chief. He was part of Dream Season and two national titles. Deserves some respect. Let it go.

I agree, and I was the first one to criticize Oz when he called Glen lazy. I was accused today on the BY of being a "KO mouthpiece" by SEConn and I have been accused by the Stairmaster crew of being a JC loyalist (plead guilty on that) and not accepting KO's new ways. Despite various friendships I try to approach basketball analytically - the nuance with Glen is I think he is a good coach but was in the wrong roles (Bigs/Head recruiter) when he should have been the scouting report coach and bench (TO's, Fouls, playing time) assistant and let's us not forget tour of facilities guru. Who's fault was it he was in the wrong roles? I think KO more than Glen was at fault for that. Calhoun had him in different roles. Neither guy came out smelling good the way it ended - I have seen that type of bad ending in the corporate World by some and it's usually due to a lack of context and not seeing the other opportunities out there after being in a position too long. It's also due to a manager not providing consistent feedback throughout.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom