girls game-halftime talk with susan and bro | Page 3 | The Boneyard

girls game-halftime talk with susan and bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For starters, I'd like to hear her take some responsibility for misreading the situation--or at least explain it--and what she plans to do to fix it. Her statements lead me to conclude that she still doesn't understand it.
There is nothing to explain she was lied to. Mother fuckers who did will rue the day.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There is nothing to explain she was lied to. Mother ****ers who did will rue the day.
Her being lied to is actually the only situation that would explain her inability to come clean about it. Sadly, she can't call out the liars, because we still want to join them when they are desperate enough to invite us for real. We've got to keep playing Charlie Brown to their Lucy.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The only thing we have as UConn fans right now is the Delany Southern New England comment. That could only refer to UConn.

Neither NVa nor SNE were references to Maryland or Rutgers.

I don't think it could be interpreted any other way.

Delany grew up in New Jersey and is clearly a smart guy, so to me there's absolutely no way he's confusing Southern New England for anything but Connecticut.

The question is why would he be so specific to say Northern Virginia and Southern New England instead of Washington DC and NYC?

You're obviously one of the no BS users on here, any ideas? For the life of me it just seems strange. Not that I think he's implying a potential UConn invite, but he's clearly referring to us. Thoughts?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Delany grew up in New Jersey and is clearly a smart guy, so to me there's absolutely no way he's confusing Southern New England for anything but Connecticut.

The question is why would he be so specific to say Northern Virginia and Southern New England instead of Washington DC and NYC?

You're obviously one of the no BS users on here, any ideas? For the life of me it just seems strange. Not that I think he's implying a potential UConn invite, but he's clearly referring to us. Thoughts?

I don't know if the UVa UConn rumors came from that quote which was 5 days before it became a big deal around here or if those rumors are exclusive of that one comment.

I'm not a glass half full guy but Delany doesn't say things for no reason. So either he was just using UConn as a prop to threaten the ACC by combining the geography with Virginia or he really covets our cable access fees.

UConn fans might not show for games but we will certainly pay a dollar a month for television access.

The Big Ten seems to be playing by a completely different criteria - they might care that UConn could be a great hockey program. They also currently have the best basketball league in the country and that is one area where we can hold our own immediately.

12 makes some sense. 14 doesn't. 16 makes some sense. 18 at least to me makes the most sense. The problem for the Big 10 becomes at 18 they need UM and OSU in different divisions but also need them to play every year.

I'm not stupid enough to get my hopes up but am a little bit hopeful. At least a lot of things that don't make sense would fall in place if the Big 10 was in play.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
wonder why she simply didn't say "it was the prior administration's fault"

that seems to resonate with people

(oh no you didn't, you didn't just go there. Sorry, couldn't resist)

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Cla
Delany thinks that New Jersey is Southern New England and Maryland is Virginia?

That would make him stupid enough to be a Boneyard poster. Wonder what his username is....

His name here us Claver. B1G really wants holy cross East. All a big conspiracy.
ver

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Yeah, but we all thought that Aresco's comments couldn't be interpreted another way and we were wrong. We are all trying to hard and overanalyzing every tiny bit of information. I'm taking a new approach from now on. Try to see things through the eyes of the conference commissioners. When I went back and did that for the ACC, I can see how they picked UL. They are landlocked by the SEC and B1G. There are almost no pieces left on the board, and one of them was also in the B12 threat range...a league with only ten members. They wanted to take that piece off of the board. This is a game of Risk more than anything.

Now do the same for the other leagues. Ignore the noise. Be objective about each school.
The Pac is immune due to isolation. They only need to keep the MWC weak. Utah helped.

The B1G was landlocked. They made an incursion right at the mason-dixon line. That's no accident. They just isolated Syracuse and BC from their southern neighbors. In battle, you wouldn't advance south after such a move, you'd take out the opposition north of your line.

The SEC moved into B12 territory bigtime (first with Arkansas years ago) with MO and A&M, and into ACC territory with SC. They can't move north, but east or west are open to attack. But they only need two schools. UT and OU would be prizes, and UNC and UVA would be prizes.

The Big12 has battles to the north and southeast that it cannot win. Vulnerabilities on both sides. Small footprint and the west is wide open. Do they go after the east, or just leave it and go west? They are basically waiting for the next move.

arch

Reaction Score
He is tiring but I lived in Fairfield County and we have great posters from Fairfield County - they can all tell you that Fairfield County has nothing to do with Rutgers.

Fairfield County may wish it was NYC. It does not wish to be New Jersey.

But their cable company(s) will be forking over $1+ per subscriber for the Big 10 network.

P.S. They sure don't wish to be part of Conn.

Reaction Score
Northern VA aka DC aka Maryland...southern new england aka fairfield county aka nyc aka rutgers...not that hard to figure out...

WTF would he hint at UConn do u realize how ridiculous that is...

I heard if you play delanys press conference in reverse several times he says...uconn B1G...uconn B1G

I'm not saying any of HFD's ramblings make any sense, but they make a lot more sense than implying that a single person in southern New England gives a flying f about Rutgers. I didn't know what a rutgers was until I moved to NJ. We do a better job of delivering both the NYC and Boston market than Rutgers does of delivering southern New England

Also if you look at it logically, we do offer the B1G more than we can offer the ACC. We don't expand the ACC's footprint, but we theoretically could put the B1G network on TVs in new england. Also our hockey and women's bball probably have a lot more value to the B1G than the ACC (not that they're worth a whole lot to either). Something to keep in mind is that B1G needs content. Not saturday during football season content, but off season content, and we can help provide that with our other sports which do very well.

caw

Reaction Score
I don't know if the UVa UConn rumors came from that quote which was 5 days before it became a big deal around here or if those rumors are exclusive of that one comment.

I'm not a glass half full guy but Delany doesn't say things for no reason. So either he was just using UConn as a prop to threaten the ACC by combining the geography with Virginia or he really covets our cable access fees.

UConn fans might not show for games but we will certainly pay a dollar a month for television access.

The Big Ten seems to be playing by a completely different criteria - they might care that UConn could be a great hockey program. They also currently have the best basketball league in the country and that is one area where we can hold our own immediately.

12 makes some sense. 14 doesn't. 16 makes some sense. 18 at least to me makes the most sense. The problem for the Big 10 becomes at 18 they need UM and OSU in different divisions but also need them to play every year.

I'm not stupid enough to get my hopes up but am a little bit hopeful. At least a lot of things that don't make sense would fall in place if the Big 10 was in play.

With the inclusion of UL, the ACC likely takes back the basketball crown with the Big Ten a close second. Of course UConn to the Big Ten would put them on even footing (more or less).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
With the inclusion of UL, the ACC likely takes back the basketball crown with the Big Ten a close second. Of course UConn to the Big Ten would put them on even footing (more or less).

In theory overall but I don't think this season.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but we all thought that Aresco's comments couldn't be interpreted another way and we were wrong. We are all trying to hard and overanalyzing every tiny bit of information. I'm taking a new approach from now on. Try to see things through the eyes of the conference commissioners. When I went back and did that for the ACC, I can see how they picked UL. They are landlocked by the SEC and B1G. There are almost no pieces left on the board, and one of them was also in the B12 threat range...a league with only ten members. They wanted to take that piece off of the board. This is a game of Risk more than anything.

Now do the same for the other leagues. Ignore the noise. Be objective about each school.
The Pac is immune due to isolation. They only need to keep the MWC weak. Utah helped.

The B1G was landlocked. They made an incursion right at the mason-dixon line. That's no accident. They just isolated Syracuse and BC from their southern neighbors. In battle, you wouldn't advance south after such a move, you'd take out the opposition north of your line.

The SEC moved into B12 territory bigtime (first with Arkansas years ago) with MO and A&M, and into ACC territory with SC. They can't move north, but east or west are open to attack. But they only need two schools. UT and OU would be prizes, and UNC and UVA would be prizes.

The Big12 has battles to the north and southeast that it cannot win. Vulnerabilities on both sides. Small footprint and the west is wide open. Do they go after the east, or just leave it and go west? They are basically waiting for the next move.
How very Sun Tsu of you. I like.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I'm not saying any of HFD's ramblings make any sense, but they make a lot more sense than implying that a single person in southern New England gives a flying f about Rutgers. I didn't know what a rutgers was until I moved to NJ. We do a better job of delivering both the NYC and Boston market than Rutgers does of delivering southern New England

Also if you look at it logically, we do offer the B1G more than we can offer the ACC. We don't expand the ACC's footprint, but we theoretically could put the B1G network on TVs in new england. Also our hockey and women's bball probably have a lot more value to the B1G than the ACC (not that they're worth a whole lot to either). Something to keep in mind is that B1G needs content. Not saturday during football season content, but off season content, and we can help provide that with our other sports which do very well.

Once you get used to the foreign language, HFD's ramblings actually make perfect sense. The only question is whether they originate from any actual source, or they are solely a result of HFD's deductive reasoning skills.

Either way, I hope they become reality.

#B1GHARDER

Reaction Score
What do you want her to say...

"Well, today UConn was a big loser. Not a surprise, tho, as the University had a loser AD and presidential stiffs for so long. And for that we will continue to lose..."

Well, that is sort of what football coaches do when they blame loses on the talent they are left by the prior coach. Why should Presidents be different?

Reaction Score
Her being lied to is actually the only situation that would explain her inability to come clean about it. Sadly, she can't call out the liars, because we still want to join them when they are desperate enough to invite us for real. We've got to keep playing Charlie Brown to their Lucy.

This. Having said that, she is not off the hook for believing what the liars told her and telling other people based on it.

Reaction Score
I just think that Delany didnt know what the hell he was talking about and referred to nyc/jersey as south NE and northern VA as Maryland/DC. Everyone on here just reaches and stretches every quote to mean what they want to hear and look where its got us...and HFD is tje Jonny MacEntee of tearing apart these quotes leading us off a cliff

You are entitled to your opinion. But I would guaranty you that, over time, you will make more money betting that Delaney knows exactly what he is talking about than betting that Delaney doesn't know exactly what he is talking about.

Reactions: caw

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Charlie Sheen said it Best....WINNING!!!!

I prefer this version better. The bottom line is that UConn is all about WINNING....(hopefully without banging the 7-gram rocks)...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Once you get used to the foreign language, HFD's ramblings actually make perfect sense. The only question is whether they originate from any actual source, or they are solely a result of HFD's deductive reasoning skills.

..or perhaps they are a product of the concussion he received in high school?

Reaction Score
Ok let me start off by saying #B1GHARDER but I hate to be a buzz killington but after reading several B1G school boards today I believe that the B1G will take BC (For some rediculous crazy reason) over UCONN. Apparently BC beats us out (albiet a small amount from what I'm told I don't know this for a fact) in market share and lets be honest thats the only reason we think Delany is even considering UCONN.

It appears that UCONN's reputation was actually hurt by having UL recieve the ACC invite now everyone on the B1G message boards are convinced we hold no value and are promoting taking UVA and BC (if they can't get any other football schools) over us, hell even Syracuse was mentioned but It's been pretty hard for me to find any group of fans that are advocating a UCONN to B1G move.

This has me worried sick, I bought some beer an hour ago, hopefully that remedies that.

(On a side note, I was looking for this list I found earlier of the supposed "value" each school adds in terms of football avg attendence, Academics, football performance, market share ect as a point system with every school in the country on it, Uconn was ranked immedietly following RU and MD I believe we came in 49, and on the same list it ranked UL at around mid 60's. Although this same list had BC at around 43 I believe with a higher market share)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

You're not stupid enough to admit you're stupid cause if you is a little bit hopeful it hits the first part of the sentence as you being a little bit stupid!:)

Me, I'm very stupid cause I'm very hopeful. I see the B!G going after Virginia next. It makes the most sense for Delaney's geographical push and would really hurt the ACC which is, imo, one of his aims. If Virginia goes then the ACC could face real problems and UConn could end up in the Old New BE with Miami, Pitt, Cuse, BC, Louisville. If Virginia holds fast to the ACC then UConn could get the invite from the B!G.

caw

Reaction Score
Ok let me start off by saying #B1GHARDER but I hate to be a buzz killington but after reading several B1G school boards today I believe that the B1G will take BC (For some rediculous crazy reason) over UCONN. Apparently BC beats us out (albiet a small amount from what I'm told I don't know this for a fact) in market share and lets be honest thats the only reason we think Delany is even considering UCONN.

It appears that UCONN's reputation was actually hurt by having UL recieve the ACC invite now everyone on the B1G message boards are convinced we hold no value and are promoting taking UVA and BC (if they can't get any other football schools) over us, hell even Syracuse was mentioned but It's been pretty hard for me to find any group of fans that are advocating a UCONN to B1G move.

This has me worried sick, I bought some beer an hour ago, hopefully that remedies that.

(On a side note, I was looking for this list I found earlier of the supposed "value" each school adds in terms of football avg attendence, Academics, football performance, market share ect as a point system with every school in the country on it, Uconn was ranked immedietly following RU and MD I believe we came in 49, and on the same list it ranked UL at around mid 60's. Although this same list had BC at around 43 I believe with a higher market share)

I'm not saying any of that won't happen, but the B1G also took Rutgers when it was more or less rejected by the ACC.

Reaction Score
Straight from

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=170&f=2350&t=10660744
That right there is what I was talking about :\ BC appears to have more value than us for some reason, although hopefully we become AAU faster (I believe they are no where near as close to that as us) although contiguous could be taken into consideration as well, these things worry me. I have no idea how the B1G could even consider BC because it just waters down their product by incredibly large amounts compared to the value they would bring in, less fans for games against BC I'm sure.

Value of B1G 10 Targets

http://frankthetank.wordpress....ig-ten-network/

CANDIDATES TOTAL ADDED REVENUE ESTIMATE

Texas $101,369,004
Rutgers WITH NYC $67,798,609
Nebraska $54,487,990
Maryland $50,818,889
Boston College $48,382,692
Notre Dame $47,629,255
Kansas $46,320,092
Missouri $45,901,459
Syracuse $43,504,813
Connecticut $38,080,271
Pittsburgh $34,365,175
Iowa State $31,831,077

Syracuse WITH NYC $65,874,573

B
1G 10 seem to be working from this list

caw

Reaction Score
Straight from

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=170&f=2350&t=10660744
That right there is what I was talking about :\ BC appears to have more value than us for some reason, although hopefully we become AAU faster (I believe they are no where near as close to that as us) although contiguous could be taken into consideration as well, these things worry me. I have no idea how the B1G could even consider BC because it just waters down their product by incredibly large amounts compared to the value they would bring in, less fans for games against BC I'm sure.

Value of B1G 10 Targets

http://frankthetank.wordpress....ig-ten-network/

CANDIDATESTOTAL ADDED REVENUE ESTIMATE

Texas$101,369,004
Rutgers WITH NYC$67,798,609
Nebraska$54,487,990
Maryland$50,818,889
Boston College$48,382,692
Notre Dame$47,629,255
Kansas$46,320,092
Missouri$45,901,459
Syracuse$43,504,813
Connecticut$38,080,271
Pittsburgh$34,365,175
Iowa State$31,831,077

Syracuse WITH NYC$65,874,573

B1G 10 seem to be working from this list

While interesting, it doesn't show anything about UConn with NYC, even if that's only a toe-hold. It also does not lend support to BC, necessarily. Notice the numbers are run for both Rutgers and Cuse with NYC.

Let's say it's only a 10 million bump as opposed to the 22 million Cuse gets, that moves UConn up to 48 million and a tie with BC.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i didn't know bc was in southern new england. fairfiled mother boston sacred college heart university.

there have been over 10 media reasons to know uconn is a target from jay paternos thinking that uconn was going first not rutgers to delany saying southern new england and so on. espn is trying with all its might to devalue us and slap us in the face right now becuase they finally got us in there stupid fuccking middle school league and we said no we got better going on. FTT blog is great. but that was done a while ago and that list needs updating. we crush bc's number now and every minute we are alivve we are gaining in nyc. every recruit and student added to uconn from the city brings another hood, apt building and gang into our tv viewers. they all love uconn becuase we take care of them. there players come here and make it ou the struggle, win ships go to the nba and get paid. then they go home and help the community with a uconn falg hanging off there pride for live. we are the future of nyc and delany sees that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom