Gilbert 'game time decision' per KO | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gilbert 'game time decision' per KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I get the feeling KO is using a little gamesmanship similarly to Bellichick listing half his starters before a game as questionable. It's a hunch and the fact we haven't heard anything more detailed on the injury raises a red flag for me because usually we hear more regarding the medical report of injuries.

I don't think Gilbert has played enough to earn the kind of respect to be specifically gameplanned against by other coaches, especially on a 1-2 team who has lost to 2 low ranked programs and for who another had a better than average shot to force overtime.

I find it odd that you don't take Ollie at his word. I am not aware of any history of this sort of gamesmanship from him.

Reaction Score
How am I "bent"? I just find the idea that you think Ollie is just freelancing here, playing amateur doctor, to be a little stupid.
My only correction would be, I think that would be A LOT stupid.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I find it odd that you don't take Ollie at his word. I am not aware of any history of this sort of gamesmanship from him.

It is strange to me as well, I have no reason to not believe KO. Maybe I'm just jaded from Diaco.

Reaction Score
See I was thinking last week, I'm surprised they haven't developed some better ways to stabilize the shoulder and keep the dislocations from happening over and over again. Whether that be a brace you wear over your torso or some more diesel version of the black tape we see on shoulders a lot, color me surprised the physical therapy industry hasn't hacked this better yet. I guess its hard to keep it from popping out but also allow you freedom of motion

My ortho suggested a motorcross brace (DonJoy Sully Shoulder Brace | The Brace Shop) after I dislocated my shoulder a few times. Kept it from popping out all the way but my shoulder definitely moved a few times when making tackles for football. It completely limits your movement though and I don't think you'd be able to play basketball in one.

Reaction Score
Maybe there should be rule, don't discuss injuries on the board. some here seem to be taking it personal. If gilbert is a 'game time decision' then there is reason for optimism, if he ends up missing 3 months like OZ said than the staff deserves fair criticism.

Reaction Score
Maybe there should be rule, don't discuss injuries on the board. some here seem to be taking it personal. If gilbert is a 'game time decision' then there is reason for optimism, if he ends up missing 3 months like OZ said than the staff deserves fair criticism.

Don't really think the guy who posts the below should be in the position to call others out for taking it personal, KO's comments seem to have you in your feelings a bit too much.

"This idea that its a 'game time decision' is bonkers, there is no way he is going to be playing anytime soon. he had to be helped off the court, and has a shoulder injury history to boot. You really just can't trust what the staff says to the media about any injuries, things go from 'minor soreness' to 'potential redshirts' in a blink of a eye."

Reaction Score
Don't really think the guy who posts the below should be in the position to call others out for taking it personal, KO's comments seem to have you in your feelings a bit too much.

"This idea that its a 'game time decision' is bonkers, there is no way he is going to be playing anytime soon. he had to be helped off the court, and has a shoulder injury history to boot. You really just can't trust what the staff says to the media about any injuries, things go from 'minor soreness' to 'potential redshirts' in a blink of a eye."
maybe, I just don't get how a source close to the team says 3 months but the staff is saying its a game time decision. it is what is not worried about it

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Can the arm be amputated and cauterized in time for tonight's game? If your handle is get enough, one arm is enough.

Reaction Score
Don't know why the backlash. Ollie said right after the LMU games he was hopeful Alterique would be ready to play in Maui, it's pretty clear he didn't know the severity of the injury or have the Doc show him an MRI. Ollie is now saying it's a game time decision, while not being able to see an MRI we do know the shoulder was dislocated. From what we do know about shoulder injuries and Alterique's history of shoulder injuries it just doesn't jibe that he will be playing in Maui.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom