Getting ready for tomorrow | The Boneyard

Getting ready for tomorrow

Reaction Score
A couple articles to get you to tomorrow. The other thread with the Courant article is probably going to get deleted since I don't think we're allowed to copy and paste entire articles on here. So here's that one and another one from the Day.

Injury updates: Jackson, who should ease some of the nerves once he returns from his broken pinky finger, has been able to participate in defensive drills and has been shooting in practice. Donovan Clingan, the 7-2 freshman from Bristol Central, has been dealing with an undisclosed injury, but is “day-to-day,” according to Hurley. Karaban, who’s been dealing with sprained ankles, one after the other, is back to full participation – “it’s the best he’s looked since pre-ankle,” Hurley said.

Alternate free access:

Combination of excitement and nerves building for UConn men ahead of Monday’s season opener

“This is probably the scariest (season) for me going into an opener because you have incredibly high expectations but you also don’t have a lot of people that have proven they can do it for you on a game night,” Hurley said. “You find some sleep because your scrimmages, you felt pretty good about how those went.

“But now the lights come on and there’s a different level of pressure and excitement and juice when you put on a UConn uniform and you’ve got to carry that history with you out onto the court.”

Alternate free access:

Here are some key storylines to watch as UConn men open regular season on Monday

Last edited:

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Yes, he had them; but now apparently looks better than he has since before he had ankles.
funny Hurley comment

Reaction Score
I live in Sarasota Florida and get tv via You Tube TV. I think my local FS1 channel is airing a local regional game Monday night - so how do I get to watch the UCONN opener - live if possible and/or via replay afterwards?

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I was just checking in to get a taste b4 tommorow and here it is. I always appreciate these types of posts
A couple articles to get you to tomorrow. The other thread with the Courant article is probably going to get deleted since I don't think we're allowed to copy and paste entire articles on here. So here's that one and another one from the Day.

Injury updates: Jackson, who should ease some of the nerves once he returns from his broken pinky finger, has been able to participate in defensive drills and has been shooting in practice. Donovan Clingan, the 7-2 freshman from Bristol Central, has been dealing with an undisclosed injury, but is “day-to-day,” according to Hurley. Karaban, who’s been dealing with sprained ankles, one after the other, is back to full participation – “it’s the best he’s looked since pre-ankle,” Hurley said.

Alternate free access:

Combination of excitement and nerves building for UConn men ahead of Monday’s season opener

“This is probably the scariest (season) for me going into an opener because you have incredibly high expectations but you also don’t have a lot of people that have proven they can do it for you on a game night,” Hurley said. “You find some sleep because your scrimmages, you felt pretty good about how those went.

“But now the lights come on and there’s a different level of pressure and excitement and juice when you put on a UConn uniform and you’ve got to carry that history with you out onto the court.”

Alternate free access:

Here are some key storylines to watch as UConn men open regular season on Monday

Reaction Score
Either way, Alex Karaban didn’t mince words after the UConn men’s basketball team's practice on Saturday.

“I think we can be a national championship team,” the 6-foot-8 forward proclaimed. “We have the talent level, we have the great coaching staff. The only thing that can stop us is ourselves. If we don’t come in every day with it, I think we’ll fall short of expectations. But I really think we’re a national championship team.”

So @Scrappy3 is really Alex Karaban? :)

Ultimately, Hurley appreciates Karaban’s confidence.

“My expectation is that his class will win a national championship here. That’s the goal, that’s what we’re all here for. I’m thrilled to hear that, that that’s what he’s talking about and not an individual award or self-obsessed, which unfortunately has crept into the college game.”

Alternate free access:

UConn men's basketball team enters season-opener confident yet 'vulnerable'

Reaction Score

Damn. Thank you for the heads up. Wish FS1 was playing the whole game of course, but I’d rather know this now than tomorrow evening.

1667780008854.gif

Reaction Score

I have a question for those more technologically advanced than I am. I have a brand new LG TV and there is a browser on it. I just got Foxsports.com up on the TV. So if I do this tomorrow and go to the UConn game on the NCAA Men's Basketball schedule can I just click on the "Watch" button and get the game up on my TV? If so that's probably the best way to watch the entire game.

Reaction Score
I have a question for those more technologically advanced than I am. I have a brand new LG TV and there is a browser on it. I just got Foxsports.com up on the TV. So if I do this tomorrow and go to the UConn game on the NCAA Men's Basketball schedule can I just click on the "Watch" button and get the game up on my TV? If so that's probably the best way to watch the entire game.
Yes

Reaction Score
That should work. You'll likely just have to enter your TV provider log in credentials. You may want to do that ahead of time in case you need to troubleshoot.

If the TV is a smart TV you can also download the Fox Sports app, log in with your TV provider, and click to watch the game that way.

Reaction Score

Do I go to the APPs on mine and ask for foxsports.com...... can we watch the Huskies through YouTube? As you can tell not the technologically person you were looking for!

Reaction Score
That should work. You'll likely just have to enter your TV provider log in credentials. You may want to do that ahead of time in case you need to troubleshoot.

If the TV is a smart TV you can also download the Fox Sports app, log in with your TV provider, and click to watch the game that way.
This should be option 1 because most new TV's should have the app available. Look for it.

Reaction Score

I’m on the FoxSports channel now but I’m not seeing the UConn game scheduled.

Reaction Score
K. I downloaded the app. Rather watch it on tv but iPhone/iPad will have to do. Better than watching no game at all. Hope the app saves the game as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom