Georgia Tech blue-light specials Pitt and Syracuse tickets | The Boneyard

Georgia Tech blue-light specials Pitt and Syracuse tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
$15 a ticket.

Not hard to imagine why these southern schools were so reticent to add another northeastern football program after adding Flotsam and Jetsam.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
$15????

Rutgers used to give away tickets for free when they played those two schools.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Perhaps a Groupon is their next way of 'welcoming' those two into the conference?

Works for BC

Reaction Score
Works for BC
If the goal is butts in the seats, then every school with less than 100% sell outs to every game should use every method necessary to find a new potential fan. Discounts, Groupon, freebies, all have the same end goal.

At least Groupon involves high tech (ok, just a computer). It would make HFD happy.

Reaction Score
BC would be better off changing Alumni Stadium into their home hockey rink and convert Conte Forum into their football and basketball home areas. That way, all 3 sports will finally sell out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
BC would be better off changing Alumni Stadium into their home hockey rink and convert Conte Forum into their football and basketball home areas. That way, all 3 sports will finally sell out.
No, they still wouldn't.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Since we are willing to sell season tickets for $20 a pop in a season that includes Michigan, Maryland, Louisville and Rutgers not sure we can throw too many stones. Glass houses being what they are.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If the goal is butts in the seats, then every school with less than 100% sell outs to every game should use every method necessary to find a new potential fan. Discounts, Groupon, freebies, all have the same end goal.

At least Groupon involves high tech (ok, just a computer). It would make HFD happy.

I am not a groupon fan. I would never thow that in season tix holders faces. If I had to I would sell more student tix for cheap and just make what I could no matter the empty seats or I would allow sponsors to put a banner over seats upper deck wise if they bought them like at race tracks for ok money if the ad was struggling green wise.

Reaction Score

I have the feeling that attendance at CFB games will be a growing topic. Over the last two weeks the big sports talk station here in B'ham has been discussing growing concern in the SEC office. This AM there was about a 20 min segment on Bama student section not being full. Auburn has been running radio ads for the coming season even though they have both Bama and GA at home.

Reaction Score
I have the feeling that attendance at CFB games will be a growing topic. Over the last two weeks the big sports talk station here in B'ham has been discussing growing concern in the SEC office. This AM there was about a 20 min segment on Bama student section not being full. Auburn has been running radio ads for the coming season even though they have both Bama and GA at home.

The quality of the game on TV may have surpassed the quality of watching the game live for many people. I knew people that preferred watching the game at home 20 years ago because of replay and announcers. With the new 80 inch TVs and additional camera angles and do it yourself replay and on field sounds, the view at home may be just as enjoyable. Then add in the luxury of being able to watch the games on a smartphone while coaching or running errands. There are more fans than ever because technology, but this technology is also helping to create the lack of ticket sales issues for many schools.

I am not in support of local blackout games for non sellouts, but it works well for NFL. But I don't expect to see any college conference considering blackout games. Too much risk of losing fans or TV revenue.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That is not far off - televisions are so good, stadium prices are so high and the hassles of getting into a stadium guarded by TSA-wannabes have definitely taken the shine off of live sporting events.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's competition with the internet for the students. Watch them sometime at a game, 80% on their phones.

That is why students don't show up in the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom