Georgia State Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Georgia State Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I get you are not defending the decision, but how much of Charlton's reasoning was due to his own bias and ego about his system? Does Charlton's system have such a stellar reputation for being that great. He isn't Bill Walsh or Andy Reid where one could say, "okay rubber stamp his QB decision because it should fit his system". Or hell, Jamey Chadwell who did coach Coastal Carolina's high octane offense.
I would say he was absolutely biased to a degree. I don’t see this as nepotism, but I do think a tie in Charlton’s mind would go to Fagnano.

We’ll see how the season goes, but that does look like a mistake right now.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Definately one of the harder games to watch over the last decade or so. It was like trying run against Alabama.
We had 50 yards on 31 carries, that includes 9 yards on 7 carries from Houston, and 17 yards on 10 carries from Rosa. UGLY.

Reaction Score
There should be no question after this game. It’s very telling that GSUs defensive game plan was clearly to stack the box and make Fagnano beat them through the air and he couldn’t make anything happen. GSU did not respect Fagnano as a passer one bit and they were right unfortunately.
Exactly. It was evident from the beginning. They simply crunched some numbers and surmised to take away the running game at all costs knowing UConn's passing game (QB and WRs) can't punish them consistently with gains. Ga State basically said, "they might complete a few passes but it won't be nearly enough to alter the outcome of the game whereas their running game is their only chance so let's stop that at all costs".

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Lot of people throwing darts at Charlton (and deservedly so) but the buck stops with Mora.

Pretty inexcusable to go into a season with this "quarterback room" particularly in this day and age of the portal. Kids are going all over the place and he signs off on a guy who put up middling stats at Maine of all places.

Reaction Score
Is what we saw tonight even fixable? It seems to be a perfect storm of personnel and sideline ineptitude. Tackling somehow got worse week 1 to week 2 .... playcalling as well.
That's the concerning thing. I am not sure it is. I hope this post doesn't age well.

Reaction Score
Soul-crushing night. Absolutely shameful performance in all phases. It was hot garbage.

If they don't change things up drastically it's going to be another long season that's going to make last year look like a distant memory.

Start Roberson next week. He and Buckman at garbage time were the only bright spots.

Reaction Score
Lot of people throwing darts at Charlton (and deservedly so) but the buck stops with Mora.

Pretty inexcusable to go into a season with this "quarterback room" particularly in this day and age of the portal. Kids are going all over the place and he signs off on a guy who put up middling stats at Maine of all places.
Yup. And Charlton didn't appoint himself OC, Mora hired him to be the OC so that blame belongs to Mora. Any goodwill from last year is completely gone after this game. I just hope we don't have a repeat of Diaco where he had a 6-7 season with a bowl game loss to Marshall only to completely fizzle out in 2016.

Reaction Score
We had 50 yards on 31 carries, that includes 9 yards on 7 carries from Houston, and 17 yards on 10 carries from Rosa. UGLY.
The running game starts up front, and I though the O-line looked especially poor tonight. No holes for the backs. GSU D-line busting through regularly, and our QB's did not have a lot of time to throw the ball. Disappointing given that 4 starters on the O-line are back and Haynes is on a couple of watch lists.

Reaction Score
They can stop with the "oh so icy" #PackTheRent, REstored BS and try to put together a competent product on the field. Beyond tiresome that we continue to struggle to have a competent offense.

Reaction Score
New Hampshire put up 42 on Central Michigan and don’t tell me oh well it’s WMU, we wouldn’t have put up half those pts not even close because we saw that URI put up 35 on Ga State last week.

There goes the theory of oh we’re a New England state.

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
Plenty of blame to go around. The lack of effort was the most disappointing aspect of the game for me. My 9 year old daughter asked me why the UCONN players weren't running after the other team's QB when he broke the long touchdown run. She's maybe watched 15 min of football in her entire life, and that was her one comment about the game today. The lack of effort was that obvious. I think the lack of effort is also a big part of our tackling woes. There needs to be a desire to hit the other guy and drag him to the ground. I'm just not seeing the effort and desire.

Reaction Score
Type of game we should’ve won 27-7. Garbage all around

Reaction Score
My takeaway from this game is that Charlton won’t be employee by UConn next year (hopefully)

Reaction Score
Soul-crushing night. Absolutely shameful performance in all phases. It was hot garbage.

If they don't change things up drastically it's going to be another long season that's going to make last year look like a distant memory.

Start Roberson next week. He and Buckman at garbage time were the only bright spots.
Just put a different punt returner out there.

Reaction Score
It is a night like tonight, getting obliterated in an empty stadium that sounded like a railroad depot, when Mora must question if this independent program that got passed over for another P4 spot is truly worth the time and effort.
Maybe once we got passed over by the B12 the job lost some luster for him

Reaction Score
our athletes are simply not it. i vote to stop celebrating any of the recruit commitment announcements, until we see something on the field the following year. No more "welcome to the pound", blah blah blah.

Waiting for Cole Welliver to de-commit and go somewhere real.

Reaction Score
our athletes are simply not it. i vote to stop celebrating any of the recruit commitment announcements, until we see something on the field the following year. No more "welcome to the pound", blah blah blah.

Waiting for Cole Welliver to de-commit and go somewhere real.

Even if we get them it doesn't matter... we lost Turner to Cinci, Carter to MSU and Marion to BYU... its a whole new world. Those players don't want to play for a Charlton style offense

Reaction Score
Maybe once we got passed over by the B12 the job lost some luster for him
sincerely hope this is untrue. He knew the deal and proved as much, by the way he spoke about the job in his opening press conference. AD did not lie to him. He knew the long road ahead and knew this was a shipwreck in need of a fix. did anyone in their right mind think one .500 year was gonna make P5/P4 take a serious look at us?

Stupidly, I did. Naïveté.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog