Georgia State Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Georgia State Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It’s not the loss. I’m used to that. It’s how lifeless we looked. How uncompetitive.

Our offense looked worst than the version last year with a true freshmen quarterback. We didn’t make any adjustments on offense unless you count a QB change due to injury.
I agree. I would not happy, but I could take a close loss on the road to team very similar in the rankings. But this was an embarrassment.

Reaction Score
Just gutless completely threw away 2 winnable games, team is totally undisciplined. The last 4 games we have seen nothing but regression. I let the last 2 games against Army and Marshall slide I get it we were short handed was in year 1 with Mora ok.

Against NC State at the very least should’ve been right in it in the 4th, we laid an egg in this one from the very beginning.

Reaction Score
That's exactly it. Did he and Maine have close to the top offense in D1-AA? There is no way he should be given a rubber stamp on the QB decision because it's his offense.

Tonight was a huge step back. I would rather they hire Noel Mazzone, the offensive consultant, who sparkplugged UConn's offense 2 seasons ago with Tyler Poumachan (spelling).
This is the type of decision made more difficult by a 40 million dollar deficit.

Reaction Score
This is conspiracy theory stuff.

Fagnano is more accurate and less turnover prone. Roberson is faster, more electric, and more likely to make the big play.

They chose the safe, ball control option because they thought our margin of error was too small to survive turnovers.

I’m not defending that decision - just trying to see their reasoning instead of our ghosts.

Forgive this guy. He’s clearly blind.

Reaction Score
Brewton and Houston are not running backs you base a running offense on. They are slot receivers type guys , good in space. We need a total revamp on offense. We have tight ends, Cam Ross, Clecius and Buckman looks like he found his footing. Boy did the staff on offense have blinders on or worse.
"Carter scored three times and finished with 111 yards on 19 carries" ... man what a loss

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Grainger ran for 142 yard on 12 carries. UConn ran for 50 yards on 31 carries. We can't stop the run, especially from QB's with wheels, and, save for Rosa's explosive plays last week, our run game is anemic at best.

Reaction Score
Just a lack of cohesion. On his designed runs he looks tentative . So why have designed runs for a QB clearly not comfortable with that part of his game?

Roberson has his risks. But even with 200+ in the second half which was essentially two quarters of garbage time the offense clicked a bit better.

The question is will Charlton actually call the plays to put them in a position to compete.

I have doubts.

Reaction Score
Roberson has his risks. But even with 200+ in the second half which was essentially two quarters of garbage time the offense clicked a bit better.

The question is will Charlton actually call the plays to put them in a position to compete.

I have doubts.
Roberson has to be the guy. Has to be.

Reaction Score
Why is the defense getting a pass? They stunk.
I hope they are not getting a pass from anyone on here. They deserve an F, too. They are reminding me of the 2018 team is it? The one that was worst FBS defense ever. They just can't tackle. I know people said last week that the atrocious tackling was due to NC State being superior athletically and being bigger and stronger, which I agree with. What is the excuse for this week against Georgia State? If people want to say Ga State has better athletes that are bigger and stronger then that means UConn and Mora are not recruiting worth a damn. UConn should be able to get better players than Ga State.

Reaction Score
Need a much better offensive scheme for multiple reasons. Not only to win but to attract talent. Cant win when horrible defenses are cheating on every play by stacking the line. More RPOs, vertical passing, QB draws, etc.. You could do that more with Roberson than Joe F. Starting the low-ceiling Joe F. over Roberson was a bad call by Mora (along with hiring the OC). I think he lost the locker-room. Hope its not too late.

Reaction Score
This is conspiracy theory stuff.

Fagnano is more accurate and less turnover prone. Roberson is faster, more electric, and more likely to make the big play.

They chose the safe, ball control option because they thought our margin of error was too small to survive turnovers.

I’m not defending that decision - just trying to see their reasoning instead of our ghosts.
I get you are not defending the decision, but how much of Charlton's reasoning was due to his own bias and ego about his system? Does Charlton's system have such a stellar reputation for being that great. He isn't Bill Walsh or Andy Reid where one could say, "okay rubber stamp his QB decision because it should fit his system". Or hell, Jamey Chadwell who did coach Coastal Carolina's high octane offense.

Reaction Score
There should be no question after this game. It’s very telling that GSUs defensive game plan was clearly to stack the box and make Fagnano beat them through the air and he couldn’t make anything happen. GSU did not respect Fagnano as a passer one bit and they were right unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Mora was brought in to help with recruiting. It hasnt worked so far. This team needs an infusion of talent on both sides of the ball, including playmakers.

Reaction Score
Is what we saw tonight even fixable? It seems to be a perfect storm of personnel and sideline ineptitude. Tackling somehow got worse week 1 to week 2 .... playcalling as well.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
One thing I noticed is that they blitzed or stacked the box and UConn didn't adjust till it was too late

Reaction Score
Tackling somehow got worse week 1 to week 2 .... playcalling as well.
The good news is I don’t think it got worse.

The bad news is it was more due to guys getting blown up at the line and not even being in position to attempt to make a tackle.

Reaction Score
Coaches are stubborn, "we don't run spy" .... I would have to believe unless its a serious injury Fagnano will be the guy next week. Its also why they continue to run Houston up the middle etc. My guess is Mora will chalk Robersons success up to Georgia State not running their main D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom