Georgetown Predictions... | The Boneyard

Georgetown Predictions...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
took a stroll on the G'town board...fans believe this will be a blowout of epic proportions...and that UConn is full of convicts? No love lost over the years I guess.

UConn at Georgetown prediction thread | HoyaTalk
I actually thought it was funny. Typical smack talk. Not a lot of posters and not knowing what that forum normally has in way of numbers guess the down year is having an impact.

And I expect more than one Boneyarder to be bent out of shape by a few silly remarks from and opponent. HOW DARE THEY!!!

Reaction Score
I actually thought it was funny. Typical smack talk. Not a lot of posters and not knowing what that forum normally has in way of numbers guess the down year is having an impact.

And I expect more than one Boneyarder to be bent out of shape by a few silly remarks from and opponent. HOW DARE THEY!!!

No I get it...Not bent out of shape at all. I was honestly confused as to how are overlooking UConn. Someone described us as worse than DePaul. Non UConn fans may not realize the light switch being turned on, but I don't expect the Huskies to get run outta the building.

What are we all thinking about for this game? I haven't seen Georgetown play this year, but know they aren't sniffing the Big East crown.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No I get it...Not bent out of shape at all. I was honestly confused as to how are overlooking UConn. Someone described us as worse than DePaul. Non UConn fans may not realize the light switch being turned on, but I don't expect the Huskies to get run outta the building.

What are we all thinking about for this game? I haven't seen Georgetown play this year, but know they aren't sniffing the Big East crown.
Not directed at you but projecting based on the Matt Burke thread.

Reaction Score
I don't care for early Saturday games. Not too confident about win. That said, not sure what Gtown fans have to be confident about.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think this will be close and low-scoring. I'll go UConn 66-61.

Reaction Score
I don't care for early Saturday games. Not too confident about win. That said, not sure what Gtown fans have to be confident about.
They just kicked St John's ass. I think that's why they are confident. Before that they lost 4 in a row.

But we aren't really in a position to go criticizing their confidence... seeing as the BY is full of optimism after wins over UCF and Temple after four straight losses of our own ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Post by FromTheBeginning on Jan 11, 2017 at 5:45pm
Let's do it again!!

John Thompson 82
Corny Thompson 59​

Don't agree with prediction but like the Corny reference. ;)

Reaction Score
We need to take some attitude into this one and not be tentative just like the last 2. They are pretty big up front?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Time for my patented always wrong predictions

Adams 15 pts, 9 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal
Purvis 13 pts, 5 rebounds, 3 assists
Brimah 7 pts, 6 rebounds, 3 blocks
Facey 11 pts, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks
Jackson 10 pts, 3 rebounds, 1 steal
Vital 7 pts, 2 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 steal
Durham 2pts, 2 rebounds
Enoch 3 pts, 3 rebounds, 1 block

Final Uconn 68
Georgetown 65

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'll answer the Gtown fools like I do with the Cuse jerks
UConn 4 Gtown 1 Tyler Olender 2 J Thomson III 0
they won theirs when men wore shorts that looked like Speedos

Reaction Score
Must be tough on them having watched Cuse, Nova, and especially UConn not only surpass but put some significant distance between each of them and G'town

They're like 4th-5th best in the New Big East

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Based on the belief many here have shared, that after two good games the team has solved all their problems - historically, this mean an ugly loss tomorrow.

Everything y'all think has been fixed, will unravel. It will be Purvis's fault, regardless.

Reaction Score
Based on the belief many here have shared, that after two good games the team has solved all their problems - historically, this mean an ugly loss tomorrow.

Everything y'all think has been fixed, will unravel. It will be Purvis's fault, regardless.
Surprised we haven't seen Scrappy's up-to-date draft projections with Facey top 12

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Agreed - this could be one of those games when the wheels fall off again - not sure how UConn matches up with Gtown
And even if RP doesn't play or even suit up - it's RP's fault

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
They just kicked St John's ass. I think that's why they are confident. Before that they lost 4 in a row.

But we aren't really in a position to go criticizing their confidence... seeing as the BY is full of optimism after wins over UCF and Temple after four straight losses of our own ;)
I cannot speak for everyone in the yard, only myself. Well I will say this, I don't think anybody is saying we will go final four. I believe 95% of yarders are elated with the vast improvement over the last couple of games. I haven't seen them play either. Take one game at a time. I do concur about noon time games.

Reaction Score
I am not confident that we win this game. I hope they surprise me and play like they did against Temple.

Reaction Score
How is Georgetown a 9 point favorite? If UConn plays the way they have been the last two games, they win by 6+ points.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm curious to see whether they can take this momentum from the last two games on the road. If they can, it'll be a fun game.
Agreed. Biggest thing imo is can we stay out of foul trouble. If we come out like we have defensively we'll be good

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
How is Georgetown a 9 point favorite? If UConn plays the way they have been the last two games, they win by 6+ points.
Because the if in your statement is a big if. I FIFY. @BigErnMcCracken is correct, we need to see if this new momentum continues on the road.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom