Georgetown Postgame Thread [merged] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Postgame Thread [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I agree but we also know that our opponents are going to focus on stopping Lou when she is our only consistent outside shooter. The attention she is getting at all times is very physical and our opponents get away with it. However if she is near the person she is guarding, she gets whistled. To me, that has to be very frustrating, especially for a graduate student who seems to have a high basketball IQ.
As far as the dramatics, if it works for our opponents, we have nothing to lose doing it ourselves.
I guess I focus on the UConn standard. You just don’t typically see UConn kids show frustration
with the refs no matter how bad they are. I can’t remember the last time a UConn player got a T. I am not saying Lou and Nika are heading for a technical. It just seems unusual to me.

Reaction Score
It was two calls where Nika added some drama. I didn't like it and I wish she wouldn't do that again. I understand the impulse though -- you're getting hacked all over the court and no whistles (like yesterday in the first half) and you feel like you have to make the refs really see what's happening. But this sort of thing only encourages refs to look for drama and then they start whistling touch fouls, and everyone sees their chance to gain an advantage in tricking the refs. We should be above such things, and in the past we generally have been. I hope Nika returns to her previous self, someone who plays through the fouls with a stoic demeanor -- okay, I know she wasn't always like that either.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I guess I focus on the UConn standard. You just don’t typically see UConn kids show frustration
with the refs no matter how bad they are. I can’t remember the last time a UConn player got a T. I am not saying Lou and Nika are heading for a technical. It just seems unusual to me.
Good point.

Reaction Score
This game was not pretty but a win is a win. I hope Azzi is okay and nothing major is wrong with her knee.

Reaction Score
Deberry’s body language was terrible. IMO why Geno immediately pulled her out again.
She let that little girl go around her at the block after she had perfect position. Looked like a squirrel running around the base of a tree trunk. Not body language, ridiculously poor play.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
By normal human standards they had good games. By stats they had good games.

But watch the game again and you'll see .... No, don't watch the game again, nobody should have to do that.

BTW it takes 1000% of the fortitude and dedication I have to play even a bad game of women's basketball (totally aside from any talent) and being snidely critical of such wonderful players is kinda malicious and petty. I get that.

But UConn had a 17 point advantage on the foul line while winning by 15, against a team not in the same universe. And they had to wear them down and have a 3rd Q streak to do that well.
Foul shots count. For two years straight these kids have had to adjust almost game to game. We have one actual PG now. We will have games that don’t resemble the routs the program has had over weaker teams. But 15 points is not a close game. Georgetown to their credit got UConn out of sync but never adjusted once the refs started whistling them on their physical play. UConn probably could have had 8 more FT in the first half.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Disagree. Sometimes what people post is so stupid, inane or disrespectful that no discussion is warranted. A simple thumbs down should be enough.

On the other hand, I find it hilarious that some posters actually take offense to getting a thumbs down.
I find it arrogant, childish and gutless that you can't even call the most inane and disrespectful comment exactly what it is to the person that made it. Believe it or not, the person that made such a boneheaded comment actually thought it had merit. Believe or not, some may actually agree with their opinion, no matter how out of pocket you in your boundless wisdom may find it. Calling a person out for their crappy comment and discussing why you believe it so is the very point of a discussion board.

In the course of the many posts you've made over the years, most of which I've found to be nothing beyond snark and self servitude, I find it quite in character that you would find it hilarious that some people disagree with you. But I will commend you where for once, you've given a rare response to one of your frequent sore thumbs.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Disagree. Sometimes what people post is so stupid, inane or disrespectful that no discussion is warranted. A simple thumbs down should be enough.

On the other hand, I find it hilarious that some posters actually take offense to getting a thumbs down.
Yesterday was the first time that I posted my reasoning for the thumbs down Dislike. So I also believe that some posts don't deserve my reasoning, the posts are self explanatory.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yesterday was the first time that I posted my reasoning for the thumbs down Dislike. So I also believe that some posts don't deserve my reasoning, the posts are self explanatory.
Unlike the original poster, I respect your opinion. I must however continue to agree to disagree. I for one tend to ignore what I consider comments that some either red thumb or ridicule.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I find it arrogant, childish and gutless that you can't even call the most inane and disrespectful comment exactly what it is to the person that made it.
That's fine, I don't particularly care what you think. But a lot of times, it's not worth the effort to address such idiots. You're just lowering yourself down to them. You're not gonna change their mind. And many times it is so inane or disrespectful, it doesn't deserve an explanation.

Believe it or not, the person that made such a boneheaded comment actually thought it had value. Believe or not, some may actually agree with their opinion, no matter how out of pocket you in your boundless wisdom may find it.
I know, that's the problem. And usually it's not a problem that can be fixed. They are usually not bright enough to understand. Or they are just a mean SOB, and you're not gonna make them nice.

In the course of the many posts you've made, most of which I've found to be nothing beyond snark and self servitude, I find it quite in character that you would find it hilarious that some people disagree with you.
You misunderstood. I don't find it hilarious people disagree with me. A lot of posters aren't very bright, they are not gonna understand. I expect that. Heck there have even been a couple times, posters disagreed with me and they were right. (shocking I know, but it happens) Like the other day I put MLK instead of KML and someone corrected me. Sightly amusing, but not hilarious.

What I do find hilarious though, is posters feeling offended by getting a thumbs down.....posters like yourself that are concerned with what other posters on a message board think about them. To me that's really funny.

When I get a thumbs down (and I get plenty), doesn't bother me. Sometimes I know why. Sometimes it's because the poster doesn't understand. And sometimes, I have no idea what they didn't like???? But whatever, if they explain themselves fine, if not, fine too. Doesn't really matter. And when JordyG puts a thumbs down on one of my posts, I know it's just because you are vindictive over something???? Not sure what though. Probably gave you a thumbs down once and you really care about that stuff????

Reaction Score

As one who has taken “offense”, I don’t care whether someone “dislikes” my posts one bit but how about providing a counter argument, get into a discussion? Hiding behind an emoji is ridiculous IMO. Offer something or maybe it’s really that such people have absolutely nothing of substance to offer?
I posted after the Maryland loss that were I one of the players playing I would be nothing but mad because the game was there to be won outright, not just to get a moral victory. I got a number of “dislikes” on a post where I shared the way I would have felt! Not one of those people offered an iota of comment on why they disliked the way I personally would have reacted to losing that game. You bet I took offense……………..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom