Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Really enjoying the depth of this team. They play for each other with assists being more meaningful than hoops. What team does that? With the quick starts our bench is seeing more early playing time with the starters. You grow more and faster playing with the best. What a great mix we have. Our players have adopted the knowing grin of Newton.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Defensive metrics took a hit on KenPom. All the comments about how their effort slipped in the second half was clearly supported by the metrics. We are 17 would prefer to see that number in the top ten. We did have some lapses and a few of the shots Georgetown made were well defended but defense, defense, defense…..that should be the focus.

Reaction Score
Wish we could get more info on Newton’s hand. Saw somewhere here he’s had his hand taped or something for as long as he’s been in this shooting slump.

Reaction Score
Just not a lot of talent on this team. Had to add walk-ons when Ewing-era NIL didn't come through.

Akok Akok transferring in August to play at WVU didn't help, ether, because they couldn't fill that spot.
Not sure his 4 pts. per game are a factor.

Reaction Score
Defensive metrics took a hit on KenPom. All the comments about how their effort slipped in the second half was clearly supported by the metrics. We are 17 would prefer to see that number in the top ten. We did have some lapses and a few of the shots Georgetown made were well defended but defense, defense, defense…..that should be the focus.
We’re #2 since Donovan returned

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

I have to post this to see why I clicked reply yesterday. When I see what it is, I'll comment or delete. Clearly, it must have interested me yesterday.

Hurley interview starts at 18 minutes, followed by Cooley at 30 minutes. Both are roughly 9 minutes. Not yet watched.

Reaction Score
Yes, we need the info so we can fire up BoneyardMD, determine the definitive diagnosis, and propose a cure that our trained medical staff have overlooked!
You’re right. Somebody’s sister’s ex- boyfriend’s brother must have had an injury that might or might not have been sort of like Newton’s. What did he do for it

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yes, we need the info so we can fire up BoneyardMD, determine the definitive diagnosis, and propose a cure that our trained medical staff have overlooked!
You do realize that not one of us has every needed to worry about being sued for malpractice.

Reaction Score
You’re right. Somebody’s sister’s ex- boyfriend’s brother must have had an injury that might or might not have been sort of like Newton’s. What did he do for it
Let me guess! A sixpack of Sam Adams autumn brew every 8 hours and the pain went away. Am I right?

Reaction Score
We've talked about the team's unselfishness before, but I am still impress how this team knows that any starter on any given night can give them 20 and they are willing to sacrifice shots to run offense and be effective. It's all about the "W" with these guys and they really do play each other.
My only critique, and not sure if it really is one, is that the unselfish play isn't always fluid in the final 8 seconds of the shot clock. The primary ball handlers need to be more decisive when the defenders are sticking like glue. This is where guys like Castle and Diarra have excelled. Newton usually has the opponents best defenders, so it's hard for him in 1-on-1 situations, but he's also the best on the Team in illiciting contact and getting to the line.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We’re #2 since Donovan returned
Not sure how we went from 14 to 17 then. But admittedly I have no idea how the algorithm works. I thought our defense was average most of the second half. I understand because the game was won but the players went out there and did exactly what Danny was telling them to avoid.

Reaction Score
Were Akok Akok and Supreme Chief on the Hoyas at the same time?

Reaction Score
Which fanbase is more upset right now, Georgetown or Kentucky's whose team of 5 stars just lost it's third straight home game and Calipari has walked out of the last two pressers?
Talk like that begets NCs.

Reaction Score
Not sure how we went from 14 to 17 then. But admittedly I have no idea how the algorithm works. I thought our defense was average most of the second half. I understand because the game was won but the players went out there and did exactly what Danny was telling them to avoid.
Other teams improved by more.

Reaction Score
I have to post this to see why I clicked reply yesterday. When I see what it is, I'll comment or delete. Clearly, it must have interested me yesterday.

Hurley interview starts at 18 minutes, followed by Cooley at 30 minutes. Both are roughly 9 minutes. Not yet watched.
Wow did Cooley rip himself and his team for not competing.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
When Alex came out for good and there was pretty loud cheering and clapping from all of us who were there, I remember looking over at their student section and they were all watching and just looked so bummed out.
It's kinda sad when you can hear the applause for one of our players at an away game on TV, supposedly there were 13k in attendance at this game. GT claims to average about 3,500 at most games. Yeesh.

Reaction Score
If Ed Cooley is such a good coach, why do we seem to spend so much time arguing about it? Shouldn’t it be obvious if someone is good? It isn’t.
If Ed Cooley is such a bad coach, why do we seem to spend so much time arguing about it? Shouldn’t it be obvious if someone is bad?

Reaction Score
If Ed Cooley is such a bad coach, why do we seem to spend so much time arguing about it? Shouldn’t it be obvious if someone is bad?
To be fair you could make the same argument about him being good.

I understand that they were terrible before he got there. So let's say we remove the first 5 years he was there from his record. He still has 3 tourney wins in 7 years. I doubt anyone would give him a second thought at all, except the media keeps telling us how great he is, and his accomplishments when it really counts just don't match what's being said.

Reaction Score
To be fair you could make the same argument about him being good.

I understand that they were terrible before he got there. So let's say we remove the first 5 years he was there from his record. He still has 3 tourney wins in 7 years. I doubt anyone would give him a second thought at all, except the media keeps telling us how great he is, and his accomplishments when it really counts just don't match what's being said.
In fact, I was just flipping around the exact same argument that someone had made about him being good!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom