Geno's time outs before the half | The Boneyard

Geno's time outs before the half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have you noticed how often Geno calls a time out when we have the ball with approx 30 seconds before the half? Then he draws up a play for the last shot. Inevitably they go out and foul up the play and don't score. Occasionally they don't even get off a shot. I love the look on his face!

God bless Geno, I expect him to continue to do this until we score.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Those timeouts you cite are use or lose. A team can only carry 4 into the 2nd half. I like when he calls TO's to put in subs.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Have you noticed how often Geno calls a time out when we have the ball with approx 30 seconds before the half? Then he draws up a play for the last shot. Inevitably they go out and foul up the play and don't score. Occasionally they don't even get off a shot. I love the look on his face!

God bless Geno, I expect him to continue to do this until we score.
Yes I have noticed this. Commented many times. But like has been said, it's a use it or lose it, so I guess why not give it a try. You're right though hardly ever works.

I suppose it has to do with trying to do what he says, as opposed to how they normally run plays designed to take what the defense gives.

Reaction Score
It's pretty simple. He is installing in his team to 1 play smart basketball and play for the last shot to deny the opposing team a chance to score and 2 to practice a play for when they need it at the end of a close game.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
It's pretty simple. He is installing in his team to 1 play smart basketball and play for the last shot to deny the opposing team a chance to score and 2 to practice a play for when they need it at the end of a close game.

Absolutely right. And it seems never to work.

Reaction Score
Can't remember the last time I saw a team, men or women, run a play effectively when set up by some genious coach, at the end of the half, or end of the game. Most hold on ball until there's 10 seconds left, and then hurriedly make a mess of things. Let 'em play the way they've been playing, already! I bet no one was surprised when the play did not pan out the other night. I just laughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom