Geno's Quote from the New Sports Illustrated | The Boneyard

Geno's Quote from the New Sports Illustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno-Auriemma-Quote-1024x683.jpg

Reaction Score
"After we beat Notre Dame 63-53 in Tampa this year, I got a great text from Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who I know a little bit. He told me, "Congratulations, great job, and I love your program." It's interesting to me that people who have achieved great things and understand how hard it is to be really good at something are the first people to congratulate you. People who have not accomplished much in their lives are the first to criticize you."

Geno Auriemma - Sports Illustrated (April 20-27, 2015)

HGN

Reaction Score
Thanks UCFootball................Great quote by Geno. And its SO TRUE.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ok, whom was Geno recruiting in Brooklyn in the middle of winter?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Geno is a tremendous motivator and his comments much like the one above is showing and teaching you how he thinks and what motivates him and those who follow him. His comments and the way he speaks attracks people. He is a genius. Some people don't like his one liners. I happen to love them. He has a tremendous passion for the game and understands the mental side. What makes Geno so different from everybody else is the way he thinks and when he expresses his thoughts into words well you could write a book about them and every coach and everybody who followed what he says would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom