Geno to miss Sunday’s Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno to miss Sunday’s Game

Reaction Score
A "medical procedure" for diverticulitis could be as simple as antibiotics under a physician 's care and a liquid diet for a few days.
Ordinarily but severe cases require minor surgery.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I had surgery in 2011 for diverticulitis and was pretty much laid up for 3 weeks with the healing process. I wish him well.
It can be highly variable - my father had it, one of my brothers, and I had it. Yeah, it's the family male ailment in my clan. To be blunt, the longer you ignore it, it seems the worse the procedure and the recovery. My father ignored it a long time, and had major surgery with major lifestyle changes, an ostomy. My older brother ignored it a short time, and developed peritonitus, and it took that 3 weeks you mention. I noticed it fairly early, and was laid up 10 days, and two of those were because some of the hospital departments don't do weekend work, except emergencies. All of us were younger than Geno when we dealt with it. It's really impossible to predict, without knowing details prohibited by HIPA.

Reaction Score
It can be highly variable - my father had it, one of my brothers, and I had it. Yeah, it's the family male ailment in my clan. To be blunt, the longer you ignore it, it seems the worse the procedure and the recovery. My father ignored it a long time, and had major surgery with major lifestyle changes, an ostomy. My older brother ignored it a short time, and developed peritonitus, and it took that 3 weeks you mention. I noticed it fairly early, and was laid up 10 days, and two of those were because some of the hospital departments don't do weekend work, except emergencies. All of us were younger than Geno when we dealt with it. It's really impossible to predict, without knowing details prohibited by HIPA.

Similar background in my family. I think one major takeaway for anyone is not to ignore gut pain, particularly if it's in the lower left quadrant - not much under there but the colon.

Reaction Score
My daughter and son both have this disease. Spots on the intestine that when they become inflamed and infected makes them very uncomfortable. My son been lucky so far and only had to be treated with antibiotica. My daughter who was diagnosed first had several spots that were perforated and needed Emergency surgery. This is how she found out she had it. She was in surgery for 4 1/2 hours. She got out of surgery at 2 in the morning! At 7 am the hospital called and said the was heading back in to surgery! They found 3 more ruptures behind her spleen. We almost lost her! Both of my kids are doing well today!

Reaction Score
One article stated that he was having minor surgery on Wednesday.
While the surgery itself may or may not be minor, any internal issues could have major consequences. Not uncommon to see a minor nick result in weeks of hospital stay due to infections. Best to luck to Geno for a straightforward and uneventful surgery.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ok. A 50 pt blowout so geno does not need to suffer through the game. ;)

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
The only surgery for diverticulitis is, remove portion of the colon that is damaged. If they are able to do it laparoscopically, which is what I had, it heals quickly. I had 22 inches of my colon removed 8 years ago, and all is well.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
While the surgery itself may or may not be minor, any internal issues could have major consequences. Not uncommon to see a minor nick result in weeks of hospital stay due to infections. Best to luck to Geno for a straightforward and uneventful surgery.
I was just pointing out what another article stated, not giving an opinion on the term "minor".

And I know about consequences of hospital visits. In my prime, I spent a month and a half in the hospital, and a few return visits in the following few months, for a "common" intestinal problem. But I didn't mention any of this in my post even though I could have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom