OT: - Geno tests positive for COVID | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Geno tests positive for COVID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think the vaccine does not prevent infection. It just significantly decreases the likelihood of getting seriously ill and hospitalization.

Reaction Score
It’s quite amazing actually.

And really sad that after a year of a global pandemic people still don’t inform themselves with the latest facts.
There is actually new evidence that show vaccines very possibly do prevent infection. Their still studying, but thoughts on that might be changing.

Reaction Score
Wait, are there people who actually do not know that a vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid?
You can still get Covid but the chances of getting sick/symptoms are basically zero and it looks more and more like you don't transmit it to the unvaccinated. Thank god for vaccines.

Reaction Score
It’s quite amazing actually.

And really sad that after a year of a global pandemic people still don’t inform themselves with the latest facts.
Maybe that’s because the story is constantly changing. Is that what the chatter at Arby’s is now?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Vaccination against Covid prevents serious illness, hospitalizations and death. Does not prevent infection/mild disease.
Actually it does. Unfortunate timing for Geno maybe sometime 3 to 5 days before his second vaccination that he was exposed. I would also repeat the test. It may be a false positive result.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
There was contract tracing done and he wasn’t in close contact with anyone since he tested positive. And since the team and staff get daily testing, no one else has tested positive since Geno did. The team is handling it correctly.
Contact tracing not contract

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
And even a fully vaccinated person can still catch the 'rona. Much like you can get the flu after a flu shot.

The vaccine should shorten the length of the virus and decrease the intensity of the effects of it.
I am putting my bet on false positive test results. He had his first shot for a while and should have had enough immunity. Then again there might be the Geno variant!

Reaction Score
Actually it does. Unfortunate timing for Geno maybe sometime 3 to 5 days before his second vaccination that he was exposed. I would also repeat the test. It may be a false positive result.
Actually it doesn't. It lowers your risk for getting it, but does not prevent you from getting COVID.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I am putting my bet on false positive test results. He had his first shot for a while and should have had enough immunity. Then again there might be the Geno variant!

I'm not betting on anything.

Statistically speaking if he has had two shots of the vaccination, he should have very mild to no symptoms, feel fine in a few days and be near impossible for him to pass it on to anyone else.

But, there is still a full range of possibilities from no symptoms to death. Pretty big range there.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
No they do not. This is a well-known fact.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Actually it doesn't. It lowers your risk for getting it, but does not prevent you from getting COVID.
I got the Moderna and as of tomorrow at 3pm when my two weeks post 2nd shot are up, I still have a 5.4% chance of getting infected.

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
1615855177824.jpeg

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i got sars2coronavirus v.4.0 (the brit version) in the pool. what's the current book for that one? it's kinda like v's 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0 jumbled up, but softer.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Maybe that’s because the story is constantly changing. Is that what the chatter at Arby’s is now?
Lol. You just defined science and discovery, you’re not a flat earthier are you? Because at one point the earth was believed to be flat until it was discovered that it wasn’t, did you say : HEy tHIS iS COnStAnTly CHaNgIng?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom