Geno: Prefer 33 Emulate Sveta than Breanna | The Boneyard

Geno: Prefer 33 Emulate Sveta than Breanna

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Audio is terrible, not all his points are legible but good for a debate topic. Katie Lou didn't come all the way from California to pass.

That wouldn't be a bad example. Another Sveta. Sounds good to me.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This was brought up in the Napheesa or Katie Lou thread, including a lot of stuff I posted about Sveta for those fans who weren't following the team in the late 1990s.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Addendum: without the injury.
Added addendum - without the lip! :cool: (Geno and Sveta had a somewhat stormy time of it! :) I think distance (in time) for Geno definitely makes the heart grow fonder!)

Reaction Score
I think Geno was saying don't aim so high at first. Stewart is a complete player that makes it look so easy and you are not going to get where she is without a lot of hard work.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Lou like Svet - I'll take that one any day.

Reaction Score
Lou is a natural shooter, who could develop a great all-around offensive game. She will never have as quick a first step as Sveta.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Both Svet and Stewie are/were hybrids whose respective sizes caused serious matchup problems and ahead-of-their-respective-times styles of play. You really can't go wrong either way, though Stewie is the gal with three (and counting?) NCs and with nine (and counting?) different NPOY awards (2014 AP, Naismith, USBWA, 2015 AP, Naismith, USBWA, Wade, Wooden, and Honda).

Lou will certainly be like Svet in a number of ways. Lou is a combo wing player at 6'3" who moves well with an without the ball (a la Svet and KML both). Her distance shooting and rebounding are coming together as those attributes were there with Sveta. Finally, I hate to be the one to say it, but Svet has modeled as a professional, and Lou is every bit as photogenic...or at least will be.

At any rate, all three (Lou, Stewie, Sveta) are godsends to the UConn program and are doing/will do/have done nothing but great things for us. Sveta herself was ahead of her time, and Lou's time is now...

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Sveta was a deluxe offensive player as KLS will become, KLS is taller and a little more athletic and a much better FT shooter, but she may never develop the toughness of Sveta. Sveta was an ox and everyone knew it, KLS may not be as assertive, there are definite personality differences but both are supreme talents.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sveta was a deluxe offensive player as KLS will become, KLS is taller and a little more athletic and a much better FT shooter, but she may never develop the toughness of Sveta. Sveta was an ox and everyone knew it, KLS may not be as assertive, there are definite personality differences but both are supreme talents.
I don't think Lou is more athletic than Sveta, who was fast, very quick, and a good leaper. She is taller and perhaps a better pure shooter, but it would be close. Sveta in her freshman run knocked at least 30 seconds off the team record - she came in very fit, but had never done weight training.

Reaction Score
Added addendum - without the lip! :cool: (Geno and Sveta had a somewhat stormy time of it! :) I think distance (in time) for Geno definitely makes the heart grow fonder!)
Geno lost though Sveta is Marsiellas favorite,LOL.

Reaction Score
Noticed that in the last 3 games, Lou gets the most minutes on the team. Whether playing great or just okay or in between, she's out there, getting the repetitions and experience with everyone on the team, from #s 1-9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom