Geno on the Fantastic Four | The Boneyard

Geno on the Fantastic Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great (short) interview on the Fantastic Four.

Auriemma still thinks a loss is right around the corner - ESPN Video

"Nothing that these four players have done in their past individually would lead you to believe that any one of them could be somebody that you could build around and then just ride them to where we are now."

Geno, that is why they are the Fantastic Four, not the Fantastic One (yeah, I'm hanging with the FF for a bit).

You have to watch the video to the very end.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think the BY needs to take a vote on this subject: Fantastic Four, Core 4, FAB 4, Fearsome foursome, 4 Horsemen........?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Great (short) interview on the Fantastic Four.

Auriemma still thinks a loss is right around the corner - ESPN Video

"Nothing that these four players have done in their past individually would lead you to believe that any one of them could be somebody that you could build around and then just ride them to where we are now."

Geno, that is why they are the Fantastic Four, not the Fantastic One (yeah, I'm hanging with the FF for a bit).

You have to watch the video to the very end.

Geno's comment is a bit unfair. These are all very top players and up to this year they were not asked to carry anything but the Terrific Three's water.

At timeI think Geno's angle on this team is just to hold a young team in check ego wise.

Reaction Score
"The more we win, the closer we are to a loss" sounds profound but makes absolutely no sense. Like a bunch of things he's said this year. I don't know whether he's playing his deepest, sneakiest psych game yet with his team, or whether he's getting weird and just psyching himself. Maybe a little of both?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think that the steak does not fit well with Geno's psychie and he is struggling with it. At the same time, I think the team has embraced the streak and as Pheesa said, "We don't want it to end on our watch."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think the BY needs to take a vote on this subject: Fantastic Four, Core 4, FAB 4, Fearsome foursome, 4 Horsemen...?
I just go with Kiniya Colliamson - the one woman wrecking crew that is the 2017 Uconn Women's basketball team! Of course they sometimes need help from the two headed monster on the bench Natal Danler with the cleaning crew of Kylly Berwin to mop up the remains of the opponents. And just pray you don't have to face the LAW!

Reaction Score
"The more we win, the closer we are to a loss" sounds profound but makes absolutely no sense. Like a bunch of things he's said this year. I don't know whether he's playing his deepest, sneakiest psych game yet with his team, or whether he's getting weird and just psyching himself. Maybe a little of both?
Yea, I don't even read this stuff anymore.

Reaction Score
He's just being a coach. It's his job. I can remember years ago he'd really get upset if Tina Charles didn't average a double-double at halftime. And then he'd bench her for "body language." Two years ago he benched BOTH Stewie and Tuck.

He's saying all that stuff with a smile on his face. And this team does have a size issue. Why wouldn't he as a coach be a bit paranoid? It's his job.

You can tell at halftime and post games so far - he is loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom