Geno on Nika (2020) | The Boneyard

Geno on Nika (2020)

Reaction Score
Wow, I'm going to go way out on a limb here but I'll say this Geno fellah has started to recognize real talent. For years, us Boneyarders have been trying to tell him the players he had to chase after but he didn't always listen to us. It's great to see how this ol' coach finally wised up.:)
Captain UConnobvious
P.S. In all seriousness, Nika is the poster child for completive team oriented UConn hoops.

Reaction Score
Carnac you have to give a tip of the turban to the great Sage of the Big East! He called this one to a tee. She has stayed true to form and then some! I'm obviously no seer (judging from my dismal Prognosticator's Predictions) but from her first preseason I also foresaw that Nika would become a fan favorite. How can fans not love the way she's led this team and represented UConn wcbb in the best possible way. There's just something really special about that kid... Got a love her!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Parts of this have been posted elsewhere but apparently they were all part of the same interview with Nika (BE DPOY, breaking the assist record and why she came to Uconn) . Nika is just such an easy interview, reporters must love it. She is so open and the camera loves her. Check it out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Parts of this have been posted elsewhere but apparently they were all part of the same interview with Nika (BE DPOY, breaking the assist record and why she came to Uconn) . Nika is just such an easy interview, reporters must love it. She is so open and the camera loves her. Check it out.

That's NIKA all the way, so down to earth and her praise for her coaches and her praise on why she would only consider Uconn as the school she would attend was outstandingly heart warming, showing her love for her teammates and coaches and the University. I have been saying that she was the Energizer Bunny who would not run down. I don't know exactly how many games she played 40 minutes in, but I believe when all the injuries came their were more than not, hence the Energizer Bunny moniker. NIKA is one of my favorite player and I have stated that there are more records she will break before her career is over. GO NIKA!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
ESPN's game log credits her with eleven games of 40 minutes, though they are rounding up and she may have missed a few seconds in a few of those. She's also had 10 games of at least 10 assists, which I think is more than triple the old school record.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Small asterisk. In last two games of BE Tournament Nika was more passionate about scoring/failing to score than I remember her ever being. And that’s a good thing imo.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Even though she doesn't make all of them, Nika is doing exactly what we have wanting her to do, drive to the basket. We were afraid teams would not guard her for her lack of shooting. In a different thing we never thought of, Dawn put a player on Nika the entire game, not because of her scoring, but for her assists. Dawn recognized that a player with so many assists is just as dangerous as a player who scores alot. She will never be a great shooter, but she has become more of a complete player this year, and I am so proud of her. This girl will be missed when she graduates, also as one of the most popular players in our history.

Reaction Score
The primary thing I would like Nika to improve in her game right now, it is to stop exaggerating physical contact.

Reaction Score
I may be most impressed by Nika’s free throw shooting. 70% this year, up from some ridiculous number. And she’s especially good at the end of games. This was a flaw in her game. No pg can afford to shoot free throws poorly. She’s done something about it and now she’s clutch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom