Geno on Amari | The Boneyard

Geno on Amari

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
For me, I see a big difference between Piath and Amari. Piath is going hard to get position down low while Amari drifts on the outside. I suppose that is where Amari is most comfortable and she seems to be an excellent passer and good outside shooter but if she wants to be a real contributor, she is going to have to knock some blocks off in the post as well. And both need to know their positioning on defense.

Reaction Score
For me, I see a big difference between Piath and Amari. Piath is going hard to get position down low while Amari drifts on the outside. I suppose that is where Amari is most comfortable and she seems to be an excellent passer and good outside shooter but if she wants to be a real contributor, she is going to have to knock some blocks off in the post as well. And both need to know their positioning on defense.
I think DeBerry has 3 asts, all to Piath. And that is 6 easy pts for Piath.

Reaction Score
Piath tries very hard and is learning but Amari has far more basketball talent--once she gets out of Geno's doghouse, largely for her uninspiring practices, Amari will light it up--she has a great skillset. I hope she gets more opportunity to show it.

Reaction Score
Really? If a Piath type is down low, why can't Amari be the PF using her skills. I doubt we'll ever see her as a down low banger.

Reaction Score
The team was kind enough to let both girls have a quarter. It was so unselfish of them and Amari just kept feeding Paith, very impressive.
Geno mentioned that they practice the high-low game together every day before practice. With Amari’s obvious talents as a jump shooter and passer, she seems ideally suited for the high post.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If I were Amari, should I feel happy for this comment?

BTW, Amari really shows she has good offensive skills. And her shot is smooth, maybe the best in our bigs.
Last year some players were perceived to be reluctant to take shots. It doesn’t appear that Amari will ever be accused of being afraid or reluctant to shoot.

Don’t forget what one of the male practice players said about Amari last week. To paraphrase, he said Amari had one of the smoothest shots on the team. She hit a couple tonight that fit the bill.

I expect Amari to make a huge sophomore leap, and be the starting post for the next 3 years. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Last year some players were perceived to be reluctant to take shots. It doesn’t appear that Amari will ever be accused of being afraid or reluctant to shoot.

Don’t forget what one of the male practice players said about Amari last week. To paraphrase, he said Amari had one of the smoothest shots on the team. She hit a couple tonight that fit the bill.

I expect Amari to make a huge sophomore leap.
The post will be crowded next year, particularly if Dorka returns. One grad student, two juniors, one sophomore and two freshmen.

Reaction Score
Amari & Ice should continue-- or perhaps even elevate-- our high-post play taking mantle from Liv next year. Both have consistent, feathery jump shots from range & can pass well, especially high-low, as Amari showed tonight.

Fingers crossed we will have Dorka here again to receive these passes on the low block, along with Aaliyah & a more seasoned Piath, not to mention Ayanna's freshman contribution in the paint.

Reaction Score
The team was kind enough to let both girls have a quarter. It was so unselfish of them and Amari just kept feeding Paith, very impressive.
I loved that moment. Piath and Amari was just in sync!

Reaction Score
I thought he said this about another player. I don’t remember who it was, but I thought he said “she’s bad in practice, but great in games” about somebody else (or maybe multiple other players).
Ono her frosh year

Reaction Score
Shea Ralph was that other player, I believe.
About Shea: “He reprimanded her for bringing no energy to scrimmages, and even benched her for the first half of a game. "If you saw her in practice that first year," says associate head coach Chris Dailey, "you'd wonder why we played her."

Full article here: Inside game

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom