Geno: Mr. Rapport (merged) | The Boneyard

Geno: Mr. Rapport (merged)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ash's reaction was hysterical. Just kept smiling. Not the fake kind, but the real kind of smile as if to say "yeah, I got you coach!!" :p

I'm thinking he was just teasing her cuz she was terrific all game. LOVE this kid. And the other freshmen for that matter...

Reaction Score
Ash's reaction was hysterical. Just kept smiling. Not the fake kind, but the real kind of smile as if to say "yeah, I got you coach!!" :p

I'm thinking he was just teasing her cuz she was terrific all game. LOVE this kid. And the other freshmen for that matter...
Geno can kid Ashlynn all he wants, because in his mind he has a player way above average and he knows he will have her for a loooong time. Ashlynn has earned this recognition. Ashlynn is Geno's kind of player that is the epitome of who a Uconn player should be to be on the starting 5. GO ASHLYNN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Ash's reaction was hysterica
When you know someone well enough, and that person knows you well enough, so you can have an instant off-center communication like that with perfect understanding, it's something special. For many of us it's a few people in a lifetime. Geno seems to know his players, all of them all the years; amazing.

In a wider shot where you see Paige longer, it's about 95% Paige's total appreciation and understanding of the Shade exchange moment, but about 5% a little worried "Coach, I hope she gets it because that might be just a bit strange for most people"

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I see I'm not the only one captivated by this little recorded exchange.

At first I thought the waving off Ash was an afterthought.

However, as I thought about and re watched it a couple more times, I think coach had calculated that entire sequence.

I kept thinking about Paige's puzzled, confused, what trick are you going to pull look on her face. The look that morphed immediately into a silly grin as soon as coach begin waving off the Ash.

Perhaps, I've read too much into it. However this clip might end up right beside Briana Pulido's end of game 3.
:)

Reaction Score

ASHLYNN "knows" the type of love that Geno shares.... WONDERFUL GENO moment and ASH's SMILE was
PRICELESS!

Reaction Score

However, as I thought about and re watched it a couple more times, I think coach had calculated that entire sequence.

I kept thinking about Paige's puzzled, confused, what trick are you going to pull look on her face. The look that morphed immediately into a silly grin as soon as coach begin waving off the Ash.

Perhaps, I've read too much into it. However this clip might end up right beside Briana Pulido's end of game 3.
This clip reminds of some of the GENO clips with PAIGE and NIKA from their freshmen year. They
all knew how to tease and be playful with each other with a full understanding that the "other" would take it
appropriately. NICE RAPPORT. GOOD TEAM CHEMISTRY...

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Actually it was a 2, but you are correct in the clip.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Actually it was a 2, but you are correct in the clip.
:cool:
Obviously, for me that's not the most important part for me.

Now I have something new to look for the next time I feel the need to see it again :)

Reaction Score
It's killing me because I cannot remember the player, but I remember watching one of the former Huskies talking about that if Geno is not speaking and not paying attention to you in any way, then you should be worried. She said it means he has given up on you and moved on.

Reaction Score
I got in a HUGE discussion with a friend who said Geno is so nasty/demanding of his players they can't wait to graduate!
I copied some articles about his players coming back to see him and CD, Saying how Geno & Cd were responsible for any success they've had after Graduation (Rebecca Lobo's H of F speech, the number of alumni that were successful in the WNBA, & they call Geno when they face important decisions in their lives for his advice!
Geno is extremely misunderstood!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I got in a HUGE discussion with a friend who said Geno is so nasty/demanding of his players they can't wait to graduate!
I copied some articles about his players coming back to see him and CD, Saying how Geno & Cd were responsible for any success they've had after Graduation (Rebecca Lobo's H of F speech, the number of alumni that were successful in the WNBA, & they call Geno when they face important decisions in their lives for his advice!
Sometimes I think that Geno is "deliberately" misunderstood. Do you ever hear of people within the Connecticut family talking about how Geno is "nasty"? It seems like it's pretty much the wishful thinking of outsiders.

He's demanding, no doubt about it, but nasty? Not so much.

Reaction Score
I cracked up when this was shown during the game. I thought the expression on her face afterwards said something like, "Yeah, okay, but I know I'm still your favourite!"

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Is this person still your friend? ;):eek::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Is this person [who believes that Geno is so nasty/demanding of his players they can't wait to graduate!] still your friend? ;):eek::rolleyes:
Don't know about ...VIKES, the OP, but I'm open minded, not to mention patronizing and condescending: some of my best friends are idiots.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom