Geno: Lesson Learned | The Boneyard

Geno: Lesson Learned

Reaction Score
Yeah, maybe he could learn something, but if I was in his shoes I'd prefer to continue the rant.

Reaction Score
Maybe Dianna had that kind of clout but I don't think anyone on this team has it. The real question to me is does anyone on the coaching staff have enough to make in game recommendations?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I saw this a while back and was frankly shocked that Geno admitted how truly boneheaded he was. In many games the camera would pan to the timeout and you could see Geno popping a cork. More recently Geno says much of the timeout is just taking a breath before he says what needs saying.

Reaction Score
Maybe Dianna had that kind of clout but I don't think anyone on this team has it. The real question to me is does anyone on the coaching staff have enough to make in game recommendations?
Chris Dailey has been doing it since they started together 38 years ago. It's normal procedure and part of her job. They're in constant communication throughout the game.

Reactions: KCD
Reaction Score
There are far too many in game variables to consider for a coach to focus on all of them at once. A smart coach will allow assistants to focus on certain aspects and keep them abreast.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Geno, has 3 coaches besides himself, sitting on the bench. BEFORE each game, I would give a specific task to each coach. One coach could watch for defensive mistakes; another coach check to see if the offensive roles are being conducted correctly; and a 3rd coach check if the rebounding on both ends of the court is done correctly. Geno could add to each of the 3 topics, or anything else on his mind.
It is true, that many time outs are for REST, but the in-game players should be seated, and resting, and they can be talked to while doing so.

Reaction Score
Chris Dailey has been doing it since they started together 38 years ago. It's normal procedure and part of her job. They're in constant communication throughout the game.
BobbyJ- - -Yes but if you notice now the 3 other asst. coaches are constantly in Geno's ear as play goes on!
You'll see see Jamelle when Geno starts to get upset, stand up to get in his ear as CD does so many times!
Geno is the only coach talking but ideas have been expressed previously!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom