Geno in Seattle | The Boneyard

Geno in Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For some salmon and spectating. Moriah v. Sue, Stewie, and Kaleena. Mo is aggressive and has 8 at the quarter. Jewell is on fire and has 13.

Reaction Score
:)I like the Seattle announcers. Pay more attention to the game than most and he seems to be a KML fan. Both were impressed with Mo! Nice to see her scoring but she has to be frustrated at drawing the defense and finding no reliable shooter to pass to.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
KML with 20 minutes. I don't know her average numbers (PT especially), but it seems her playing time and production have gone up quite a bit in the last several (maybe 5?) games. Good for her. I know a lot of people on the BY had questions, but it seems like she's finding her way and being productive to boot. Go KML!! Sweetest shot in the history of UCONN's great shooters!

Reaction Score
A play at the end Stewie gets the defensive rebound quickly brings the ball up the floor. The defensive players think she is going to have one of her coast to coast plays, Stewie gets to the circle, and drops the ball off KML for 3.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
:)I like the Seattle announcers. Pay more attention to the game than most and he seems to be a KML fan. Both were impressed with Mo! Nice to see her scoring but she has to be frustrated at drawing the defense and finding no reliable shooter to pass to.
They were predicting that Stewie, Mo, and Jewell will be on the 2020 Olympic team. I definitely agree. Jewell is learning to be more efficient, as Jenny wants her to get to her spots. She's athletic enough to get ANY shot, but some shots are better than others. If Moriah were playing with Stewie, Kaleena, and Morgan, she'd be leading the league in assists. Her FT shooting is off a little, but she's a terror on the floor. The opposition has no idea where she's going and can't keep up.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
They were predicting that Stewie, Mo, and Jewell will be on the 2020 Olympic team. I definitely agree. Jewell is learning to be more efficient, as Jenny wants her to get to her spots. She's athletic enough to get ANY shot, but some shots are better than others. If Moriah were playing with Stewie, Kaleena, and Morgan, she'd be leading the league in assists. Her FT shooting is off a little, but she's a terror on the floor. The opposition has no idea where she's going and can't keep up.
I agree with Stewie of course. Moriah is showing she's one of the best PG's in the league and she's only a rookie - usually a season where guards struggle.

I tend to think that as of right now, guards to look for to replace Sue, Dee, and Lindsay might just be Moriah, Jewell, and then maybe one of Sims/McBride. I'm sure there are others who will start to make a name for themselves, but the future of team USA looks very bright indeed....

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
For some salmon and spectating.

They can be difficult to see. They swim rather quickly, plus he'd be looking under water. But why just watch them? Broiled salmon is...

What? Oh. OK then. Never mind.

Reaction Score
I recall that when Skylar Diggins and Jewel Lloyd were both playing for Notre Dame, Coach Geno said in an interview that Jewel was the best player that Notre Dame had. And he was right. Lloyd was better than Diggins even in college. She's amazing. Too bad that UConn lost out on the Jewel sweepstakes back then...

Reaction Score
The Olympic/national team future has to include Diggins, Lloyd, Vandersloot, Stewart, both Ogwumike sisters, Moriah, and Odyssey Sims. Of course, will also include for at least the next Olympics, Tina Charles, EDD, and Maya Moore. Britney Griner? Or perhaps Aja Wilson will supplant Griner.

There's your 2020 Olympic team right there. Left anyone out? Kristi Toliver?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I recall that when Skylar Diggins and Jewel Lloyd were both playing for Notre Dame, Coach Geno said in an interview that Jewel was the best player that Notre Dame had. And he was right. Lloyd was better than Diggins even in college. She's amazing. Too bad that UConn lost out on the Jewel sweepstakes back then...
If we had recruited Jewell, we could have won 4 straight championships. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Olympic/national team future has to include Diggins, Lloyd, Vandersloot, Stewart, both Ogwumike sisters, Moriah, and Odyssey Sims. Of course, will also include for at least the next Olympics, Tina Charles, EDD, and Maya Moore. Britney Griner? Or perhaps Aja Wilson will supplant Griner.

I think the Team USA core includes EDD, Maya, Tina, and Stewie. Perhaps Britney as well.

In 4 years, I think Sue and Lindsay are too old. Seimone may be. Sylvia may be. Diana may be.

I like your team, but might add Candace and consider Briann January. Maybe Diamond will shine?

I'd add one more name, as including a youngster is a common practice: Loooooooooouuuuuuu!

And never count out Crystal Dangerfield.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
They can be difficult to see. They swim rather quickly, plus he'd be looking under water. But why just watch them? Broiled salmon is...

What? Oh. OK then. Never mind.
Here's an "Oh " moment:

5a6abb3dd174dd0b839dc03eec48f2b9.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

What, no love for Candace Parker?:cool:

Reaction Score
I've always thought that McBride was the best of the ND 3, Diggins, Loyd & McBride!
McBride was/is the silent assassin!
She's the next to join the USA Olympic Team!

2020 USA Olympic team IMO should be:

PG MoJeff, Vandersloot ( coaches like Danielle Robinson also)
SG McBride, Sims (coaches like Briann January also)
SF EDD, Moore, McCoughtry (outside choice of M. Tuck to replace McCoughtry)
PF N. Ogwumike, Stewart, C. Ogwumike
C Charles, Griner

Sims can play PG & SG
C. Ogwumike can play PF & C
Stewart can play PF & SF
EDD can play SG, PF, SF, C

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
RSHERMVIKES - Not sure about both O sisters making the team - the forward center position is going to be interesting and I think Nneka has a more diverse game at this point - there is a lot of young competition at that position, and you are also leaving Parker out of the equation as a more experienced option. (I actually think between being dropped this year and being coached by Brian Agler, Parker is trying to show a more team oriented game - being as much a facilitator as a scorer - and I actually think it has echoes of playing under Geno as well.)
On guards - January is seen as a PG not a shooting guard and Robinson has certainly caught the USA committee's eye. I think looking at shooting percentage for guards is more important than looking at scoring averages for USA - few USA players get 'unlimited' shots on the USA team so efficiency is very important and Sims and Diggins are well down in both categories (as is DT this year, but she has the track record.) And that is true for both PGs and SGs. It is also why A/TO is so important in evaluations.

I do wonder if Vandersloot will be the next really good player who just misses inclusion in the NT, or if she will follow the Whalen route of finally getting a shot a little later in her career than others and grabbing it.

I also wonder if Tiffany Hayes will ever get a shot (replacing McCiughtry?) She has certainly strung together some very good years without a whisper of interest.

And their are a number of other players who are showing hints of solid promise in the SG/Wing game.

The next four year cycle is going to be VERY interesting - a lot of retirements from the 2001-2006 class of greats on the NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom