Geno compares Stewie's offensive rebounding to deceased person's.. :( | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno compares Stewie's offensive rebounding to deceased person's.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Geno needs some new material. He used that line with Kara Wolters. Back then it went, Kara got 1 more rebound than a dead person buried six feet under the ground.
Thanks for remembering this! At least it was only Stewart's offensive rebounding ... with Kara, it was both offensive and defensive.
I think in the Geno's legacy show with Kara this was brought up as perhaps the most shocking comment he ever made to her.

Reaction Score
Note; Geno did not say "deceased". He said "dead". Deceased is entirely too PC for Geno. Dead is dead. :cool:
I don't know what all the fuss is about anyway. I didn't think he compared Stewie to a dead person - nothing evil or sinister. He (in his 'way') just pointed out that she had the same # of offensive rebounds that a dead person would have had - "0"

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't know what all the fuss is about anyway. I didn't think he compared Stewie to a dead person - nothing evil or sinister. He (in his 'way') just pointed out that she had the same # of offensive rebounds that a dead person would have had - "0"
Are people really saying THAT'S what he meant? Maybe I didn't read all the posts closely enough in the thread. Anyone who has an issue with what Geno said should just... well... we aren't supposed to tell other posters what to do on the board so I'll just leave it to the imagination!

Geno is not only the best coach ever in WCBB, he also is the best interview, the best analyst, and the most entertaining coach out there. I remember when he said Kalana Greene couldn't guard a chair (and then she promptly went out and held ND's leading scorer Charel Allen to a 2-18 shooting night)... Just before that same game, he said Tina Charles was incapable of blocking shots. She went out and blocked 9. Geno's comment?

pixel.gif
"Halley's comet must be coming tomorrow or something,"

By the way, Charles had a double double in that game and was 1 block away from a triple double. IF she'd gotten 1 more, Kiah's T-D would have been the 2nd in UCONN history consisting of points, boards and blocks...

Reaction Score
I like that Geno knows a lot about other sports too and isn't just an expert on women's college basketball.

Reaction Score
The highest compliment Geno can give, is to sell you short and essentially contradict what everyone else sees. In Stewie's case, she is so good, it is scary that she can still be so much better. There is no bigger compliment than that.

Reaction Score
The highest compliment Geno can give, is to sell you short and essentially contradict what everyone else sees. In Stewie's case, she is so good, it is scary that she can still be so much better. There is no bigger compliment than that.
Your point is well taken. Geno so often exaggerates for effect. In this case, however, he only told the truth; Stewie had as many offensive rebounds as a dead person, zero. My guess is that Stewie laughed when she heard it and will have a big rebounding game Wednesday.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Your point is well taken. Geno so often exaggerates for effect. In this case, however, he only told the truth; Stewie had as many offensive rebounds as a dead person, zero. My guess is that Stewie laughed when she heard it and will have a big rebounding game Wednesday.

I'm not so sure... I think I saw Stewie weeping quietly in the corner after the game... :rolleyes:
On the other hand, that might have been the advance scout for South Carolina...:cool:
Go Huskies..!!

P.S. - Watch her tonight on the offensive boards..!

Last edited:

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
“We make it look easy a lot of times, but the ball still has to go into the basket. We make it look easy but it’s not always as easy as we make it look. Offensive rebounding is hard. Ask Stewie. She got a grand total of zero today. We missed 32 shots and Stewie got zero offensive rebounds. She got as many as a dead person.”

Geno had lots to say after the game. He always does. That is just Geno being Geno. IMO comparing Stewie’s offensive rebounding in this game to a deceased person is out of line. Some find it funny, some don’t.

I was curious to see that quote posted in the BY, all by itself. No other context or explanation. It was, in fact, the only post in that thread by that particular poster. UConn won the game by 34 points, but no compliments to anyone. Just a big fat negative. Lots of positives were ignored:

1. Stewie had 17 points, the most of anyone in the game. No mention.
2. Gabby scores 10 pts in 16 minutes on 4-4 shooting. No mention.
3. Kiah had another 8 blocks, in just 22 minutes. No mention.
4. Saniya had yet another good game, 3-3 shooting, 2 threes. No mention.
5. UConn held Temple to only 19 points in the 2nd half. No mention.
6. KML, MoJeff, Nurse & Chong all made 2 three point baskets. No mention.

It’s ok to criticize, point out mistakes and analyze what needs improvement. But when you never seem to have anything positive to say, it gets old & boring. The players deserve better. Just my opinion…

Go Huskies…!!

P.S. - Unrelated to my post...here's a picture.

View attachment 8355

Well its quite obvious that you are quite new to UConn basketball. Geno has been this way for years yet the players keep coming back after graduation. Kara Wolters, according to Geno during her playing days, was the worst post player in the country. Sveta (among others) couldn't guard a chair and went on to win the best defensive player during a mid season tournament.

Players know where they stand with him. He rarely gives praise during the season, focusing on developing them as players, pointing out their weaknesses and helping them correct them. I, for one, LOVE his sarcastic humor. The players do too. Just ask them.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Well its quite obvious that you are quite new to UConn basketball. Geno has been this way for years yet the players keep coming back after graduation. Kara Wolters, according to Geno during her playing days, was the worst post player in the country. Sveta (among others) couldn't guard a chair and went on to win the best defensive player during a mid season tournament.

Players know where they stand with him. He rarely gives praise during the season, focusing on developing them as players, pointing out their weaknesses and helping them correct them. I, for one, LOVE his sarcastic humor. The players do too. Just ask them.

Did you read the first few sentences of the OP? Does the phrase "That is just Geno being Geno" ring a bell..? Try again, this time for comprehension....;)
I've followed the team for 25 years or so... long enough for you? :rolleyes:
Go Huskies..!!

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

Technically speaking, if a zombie got a rebound, would Geno need to rephrase?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Stewie had 5 more than a dead person tonight. :)

We had lots of ORs tonight. No one wanted to be criticized.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Technically yes. However, if you're getting out rebounded by a zombie, that's a whole nother issue. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He wasn't complaining about Geno. The point was to complain about me posting Geno's comment in the game thread. Apparently, the fact that I left it there, because to me it was interesting and kinda funny, was some sort of affront. You see, when I post in the game thread it's evil, but as was told in the original post when I don't post in the game thread and then quote Geno later, it's also evil. I've refrained from being part of recent game threads so as not to offend the easily offended, but I'll be damned if that isn't enough.
I can do this all day.

Want+some+cheese+with+that+whine+this+is+where+the_1dd6c1_3178424.jpg

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

Or, go the old "Stewie has risen from the grave" route....
images

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-4_12-46-21.jpeg
    upload_2015-2-4_12-46-21.jpeg
    5.5 KB · Views: 33

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Fortunately, in reference to the thread about declining basketball participation by girls, recent data shows that participation by zombie kids is on the rise. Unfortunately, that may mean Stewie may have more competition for those offensive rebounds soon.

Zombie-Basketball-016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog