Geno Auriemma hospitalized after falling ill - Resting comfortably. | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma hospitalized after falling ill - Resting comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
jacobscourant 4:30pm via Twitter Web Client
Geno Auriemma hospitalized after falling ill upon boarding plane today. Under observation. Resting comfortably, per UConn.

jacobscourant4:32pm via Twitter Web Client
UConn statement: After boarding a plane at Bradley Int'l Airport on Saturday morning, UConn women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma (1/3)

jacobscourant4:34pm via Twitter Web Client
UConn:..decided to deplane because he was not feeling well. Coach Auriemma had been ill for the last several days and was brought to (2/3)

jacobscourant4:34pm via Twitter Web Client
UConn: hospital for observation where he is resting comfortably. The University will have no further comment on this matter. (3/3)

Reaction Score
Oh my. I hope this is just a result of burning the candle at both ends for too long. Makes it that much more impressive that he attended the WNBA draft, no doubt out of respect and appreciation for the Big Three.

Get well soon Geno.

Fanmomma

UCONN WBB ALL DAY
Reaction Score
I was wondering if it was exhaustion after the unrelenting season as well when I heard he wasn't feeling well the other day, then I too was surprised to see him at the draft. He really cares about his team. I love that. Get well soon Geno.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Okay, I'm officially worried. At his age even exhaustion can be an issue. I refuse to think past overexertion.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This championship, with a respiratory infection, with all its stress... I've been worried about him for a while. He was unable to attend for what, 3 days or maybe 4, but Geno being Geno, he was not going to miss the WNBA draft, etc. etc....So, Geno I'll be sending good thoughts your way, guy, positive energy headed your way.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hope it's nothing more serious than a flu bug/ respiratory issue.

Feel better coach.

Reaction Score
He sounded congested at the draft. Most likely it is related to his recent illness.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
:eek:

Burning the candle at both ends sounds about right - sure hope it's nothing at all serious. Thoughts are with Geno for a quick recovery and (probably) some much needed R&R in the aftermath.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is some very disturbing news. Not the kind I want to hear. I won't speculate on anything at this time. What I am going to do is add Geno to my prayer list, and wish for a speedy and complete recovery.
His good health is paramount. EVERYTHING else can wait!!! Get well Geno.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Get Well Geno. Thoughts and prayers its nothing serious.

Reaction Score
He was scheduled to speak at the Nike Championship Basketball Clinic in Chicago this afternoon.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The dude needs to know how to relax and recreate.

Reaction Score
Okay, I'm officially worried. At his age even exhaustion can be an issue. I refuse to think past overexertion.

AT HIS AGE???? He is 63? Just a kid in this new world of implied longevity.
The wife and I had a bug (going around we are told) that caused projectile vomiting for 2 days, then just vomiting and diarrhea--we thought we were dying, then hoped we would ---it was bad it lingered 3 weeks.
Geno has been and is currently in GOOD HANDS medically. Obviously, he is pushing pretty hard--probably he keeps reading that some Boneyarders say he needs another Big (Guilty!) so he's hitting the recruiting trails too often and too hard.

Reaction Score
This is some very disturbing news. Not the kind I want to hear. I won't speculate on anything at this time. What I am going to do is add Geno to my prayer list, and wish for a speedy and complete recovery.
His good health is paramount. EVERYTHING else can wait!!! Get well Geno.
At his ancient age he needs to S L O W D O w n . Geno has delegated lots of recruiting preliminary visit (as reported in the Courant, elsewhere) but apparently speaking to groups is only something the Master Himself can do--who wants to hear a stand in??
I agree HEALTH is more important than WEALTH but damn it's great to have both!!

Reaction Score
I hope it's just a bad case of the flu. I and my "better half" returned home from Indy with the flu. We still have it; although it seems to be getting better. I hope thats all Geno has. Get well soon GENO!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom