Geno and Veganism | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno and Veganism

Reaction Score
You rarely ever see an overweight vegetarian. Something to think about....
vegans are great until they blow those keytones in you face. Veggies and weight control may be great--as long as you know when your body is eating itself --first sign usually is the keytone breath.

Reaction Score
vegans are great until they blow those keytones in you face. Veggies and weight control may be great--as long as you know when your body is eating itself --first sign usually is the keytone breath.

Seriously??!! I just had my physical. My doctor couldn't dispute the drastic change in my health. My blood results were perfect. My cholesterol was down 20 points and my ongoing troubles with bone loss has completely stopped. My breath is fine - you can ask my boyfriend.. :cool:

Reaction Score
As a farm boy I can remember no better fragrance than the smell of a fresh cut hay field.
Ever think of the people who move into the country for those smells --then demand the farmer shutdown operations because of the odor?
Happen a couple of times in Ct.

Reaction Score
I drive by a whole bunch of them every day. They're in a field and they look just like beef cattle.
If your friends were not over weight--no one would buy them--anything.
Ditching dairy made the biggest difference for me. Once I found great vegan options to replace cheese and Ice cream I was/am a happy girl! I don't eat any animal products at all or any fish.
Me either I gave up eating animal producst now I just go to Mc' D's for all my meals.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ever think of the people who move into the country for those smells --then demand the farmer shutdown operations because of the odor?

A couple, huh? But mostly in CT it was the next generation who did not want to be dairy farmers and when mom and dad passed the land was sold off so there could be big boxes on the hillside and they are all made of tickey tacky and they all look just the same (like Geno's house, actually).

Reaction Score
What towns in Connecticut would you consider country? We have basically no agriculture to speak of here, and almost all of the state is considered (sub)urban by U.S. census bureau standards.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If your friends were not over weight--no one would buy them--anything.

Me either I gave up eating animal producst now I just go to Mc' D's for all my meals.

Oh God! We have truly awaken the slumbering beast - the great dietary debate. Remember the grapefruit diet? How many times can the Osmond chick lose the same 50 pounds? How many times can Oprah? Stitch her being giving how many millions and 20% of the company to promote yo yo dieting.

Please, you GNC fadists speak up! Let's quit, okay?

Reaction Score
A couple, huh? But mostly in CT it was the next generation who did not want to be dairy farmers and when mom and dad passed the land was sold off so there could be big boxes on the hillside and they are all made of tickey tacky and they all look just the same (like Geno's house, actually).
This CT lady lives on about 200 acres adjacent to Bradley---got so much flack she put it in trust and keeps chugging and stinking up Suffield --and grins every day--has about 200 cows in pasture around town, many many pure bred dogs, cats, goats, pigs, you need boots to walk around . I enjoyed the place--she and hubby were teaches for 30 plus years each in the area. Got the land from daddy.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
vegans are great until they blow those keytones in you face.

LOL, but, that's more likely a result of the Atkins diet -- fat in the absence of sugar. When I was looking into the Atkins diet (not for myself, but when a friend started on it), acetone breath was one of the things they said to look out for.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What towns in Connecticut would you consider country? We have basically no agriculture to speak of here, and almost all of the state is considered (sub)urban by U.S. census bureau standards.

I guess you are relatively young for a UConn fan? But for the Naugutuck Valley and pockets of industry in ... aw, heck with it. Look it up. Who is speaking today. Broadway is talking what was and what isn't any more. Yeah, CT is now a place that has it's pretty spots, some nice views, too much traffic and too many people (and a bloated government, etc etc etc.).

Reaction Score
My final comment. Veganism isn't a diet. It is a lifestyle based on compassion. Yes, I see you all rolling your eyes, but that is what I believe. The benefits I've experienced are simply a bonus. I'm not here to judge or change minds. But, I will dispute things about it that aren't true. Kid me (or the premise of being vegan) all you like, because it does fly in the face of "traditions" but I am sincere in my reasons for not eating animals or using animal products. We all choose our own path..

Reaction Score
I respect vegans and vegetarians, but -- I know quite a few overweight vegetarians. And as one who eats a moderate amount of meat, I run marathons and lost 30 pounds after I had knee surgery (as a result of being able to run more).

Depends on whether they're vegetarians, or just don't eat meat. A lot of people who give up meat still eat lots of rice, potatoes, bread, butter, carbs, stuff like that. Been there, done that., still doing that. My significant other is more of a "vegetable vegetarian" so while I get excited about tortellini, she gets excited about the garnish. But the farther you get away from processed foods, the more you get away from weight problems...
No?
lost-in-space-carrot-man-3.jpg

No. That's a vegetable, not a vegetarian. Vegetarians eat vegetables.

Sometimes, the vegetable eat the vegetarians. Kind of like Audrey.

Audrey2.jpg

Beware the rise of the killer V's

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I guess you are relatively young for a UConn fan? But for the Naugutuck Valley and pockets of industry in ... aw, heck with it. Look it up. Who is speaking today. Broadway is talking what was and what isn't any more. Yeah, CT is now a place that has it's pretty spots, some nice views, too much traffic and too many people (and a bloated government, etc etc etc.).
I'm in my 20s. Connecticut is a suburb for NYC and Boston. The state is mostly full of professionals in the teaching, accounting, finance, legal, and medical fields. People hoping the '50s or '60s come back are going to be really really disappointed.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm in my 20s. Connecticut is a suburb for NYC and Boston. The state is mostly full of professionals in the teaching, accounting, finance, legal, and medical fields. People hoping the '50s or '60s come back are going to be really really disappointed.

I had no expectation of that, so I packed up the Packard and moved to Montana. Why Broadway doesn't wise up, well he can speak for himself.

Reaction Score
I guess you are relatively young for a UConn fan? But for the Naugutuck Valley and pockets of industry in ... aw, heck with it. Look it up. Who is speaking today. Broadway is talking what was and what isn't any more. Yeah, CT is now a place that has it's pretty spots, some nice views, too much traffic and too many people (and a bloated government, etc etc etc.).[/QUOTEzm/

North east and north west Ct still have some open spaces and forest. Loads of small farms around Ct--albeit the huge Milk industry is nearly gone, but tobacco is still doing well( certainly not of the pre 70 days--. As a youth in CT it was reported that there was more forest in Ct then than when the revolution began. In the 30's and back Connecticut was thought of as so ag that all it's citizens were "hicks" Small town people spoke New England Yankee--A---ah

Your last sentence --along with snow added--and a comment or two (I won't make) --says everything why I left ---add taxes --when you pay 10 percent of the taxes, require no Polution stickers or testing, gasoline abt 70 percent or less than Ct--why stay--I went back after being away for most of 40 years- mostly to go to Uconn games--spent 2 years and ran away quickly. Loads of good memories but they are only memories.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I grew up eating meat. Yes - it still smells good when someone cooks it. No I don't miss it. I've heard every comeback - every argument - every insult - and I'll still remain Vegan. I do it for myself, the planet and the animals. I can take a joke with the best of them too. But sometimes people trolling me online (not here) just to say "mmm bacon" only proves my point; not theirs.
In regards to Food choices my father used said: "to each his own, just don't extoll or preach you choices as superior", which as in this case, stating how much better it is being a vegan, is leading to a divergence of opinion as for some reason both sides get defensive about their choice and denigrate the other to justify theirs.

I am happy for you and sorry for grief you may have gotten from others but on this thread you started the comments on how great it is. Thanks but no thanks. Keep up the exercise and life a long life. Keep posting basketball on BY..:cool:

Reaction Score
I had no expectation of that, so I packed up the Packard and moved to Montana. Why Broadway doesn't wise up, well he can speak for himself.
Golly gee whiz Oscar---I caint cuz'n I've was ed y cated in Corneticut--I's a suron that I cud nt be one of those high fl ah lootin professyional's as spo kin about --ifn I hed stay in Nooo York --or Bossy town--I could be liv in high cotton or slupin up hog jowls.
Dum poor me--

Reaction Score
In regards to Food choices my father used said: "to each his own, just don't extoll or preach you choices as superior", which as in this case, stating how much better it is being a vegan, is leading to a divergence of opinion as for some reason both sides get defensive about their choice and denigrate the other to justify theirs.

I am happy for you and sorry for grief you may have gotten from others but on this thread you started the comments on how great it is. Thanks but no thanks. Keep up the exercise and life a long life. Keep posting basketball on BY..:cool:

I like your daddy--smart guy. Vegan's and I've know more than a few---I tried it--lost weight--never found anything I could get used to eating---got all the high power blenders, etc to make those delicious (for someone else) slurpies--so now I eat like better than 90 percent of the fast food Americans--with real food --some grown, some bought--you don't have to be a vegan to eat healthy

To EACH HIS OWN ---I Found my own----you know I should write a song--do you think the Ink Spots would record it???

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Golly gee whiz Oscar---I caint cuz'n I've was ed y cated in Corneticut--I's a suron that I cud nt be one of those high fl ah lootin professyional's as spo kin about --ifn I hed stay in Nooo York --or Bossy town--I could be liv in high cotton or slupin up hog jowls.
Dum poor me--

We are plainly enjoying this too much and missing the NCAA tournament. Please send the recipe for slupin hog jowls. I'll send my prairie dog stew recipe.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
True story - A couple of years ago a couple moved from NYC to upstate rural Vermont. After they had been there a year or so they bitched in the local newspaper that the smell of manure in the spring (when farmers spread manure on their fields) was ruining their "life experience". They tried to start a movement to limit the amount of manure that farmers could spread. The response in the paper from the locals was priceless.

I enjoy "eau de Vermont" It reminds me of my youth spent walking barefoot in the barnyard.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
But the farther you get away from processed foods, the more you get away from weight problems...

Ah, we have agreement. 23 chemicals, don't forget Red Dye #70, and , oh yes, something that was once fresh food, but isn't.

Reaction Score
True story - A couple of years ago a couple moved from NYC to upstate rural Vermont. After they had been there a year or so they bitched in the local newspaper that the smell of manure in the spring (when farmers spread manure on their fields) was ruining their "life experience". They tried to start a movement to limit the amount of manure that farmers could spread. The response in the paper from the locals was priceless.

I enjoy "eau de Vermont" It reminds me of my youth spent walking barefoot in the barnyard.
At least they didn't ask to put diapers on Cows and horses---One of my hundreds of Cousin --lives just 10 miles south of the border--on a huge lake been there 30 years---his family loves it--smells and all-- I spent a lot of time around and helping on cow farms--that smell does not bother me--but here the chickens do 100000 of chickens manure--when the wind is right --but I won't tell them they have to leave--they were here first.

Reaction Score
We are plainly enjoying this too much and missing the NCAA tournament. Please send the recipe for slupin hog jowls. I'll send my prairie dog stew recipe.

Actually this has been a lot of fun---most of my comments were not serious---as one poster said---to each his own--
there is nothing on this earth , except my spouse and 2 of my 130 kids around the world, my 2 dogs and 5 cats (shedders you'd better believe it--aloof--self centered--smug animals) reminds my wife of me---that I give one hoot and a hollar (I love rural Virginian) about
so --this gave me a chance to play--but I have known and tried veggies-- and I did leave CT before the State Police, Major Rome, showed up and rode me from Barracks to Barracks to keep my attorney away--until I told them--I'm my own attorney--and Grand Pa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom