Gearing up for NIL Events with UConn Beverage | The Boneyard

Gearing up for NIL Events with UConn Beverage

Reaction Score
Looking forward to another season of UConn MBB NIL events. This year with a special Waypoint beverage.
IMG_3732.jpeg
IMG_3733.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@ the moment we are in some key recruiting battles, I can’t emphasize enough the importance of supporting NIL.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to another season of UConn MBB NIL events. This year with a special Waypoint beverage.
View attachment 91607 View attachment 91609
@Chief00 this looks like a great licensing deal with a local distillery in Bloomfield. Perhaps there are sponsorship elements as well. I don’t know. But I can tell you that, like most NCAA programs, UConn prohibits its athletes from signing alcohol-related NIL deals. I hope Waypoint leverages its relationship with UConn, but it certainly will not do so via NIL.

Reaction Score
@Chief00 this looks like a great licensing deal with a local distillery in Bloomfield. Perhaps there are sponsorship elements as well. I don’t know. But I can tell you that, like most NCAA programs, UConn prohibits its athletes from signing alcohol-related NIL deals. I hope Waypoint leverages its relationship with UConn, but it certainly will not do so via NIL.
Note: Below the second picture Waypoint says - “We are proud to partner with the UConn Huskies”. Waypoint’s deal is with UConn, not the players. Thought that was understood but I apologize if I created any confusion with anyone.
Just thought it might be fun to drink as you would any other drink at an event.

Reactions: DCT

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Waypoint’s deal would be with UConn, not the players. Thought that was understood but I apologize if I created any confusion with anyone.
Just thought it might be fun to drink as you would any other drink.
It was not clear. Chief.

Reaction Score
It was not clear. Chief.
My bad but as I added there is a comment about the UConn Huskies /Waypoint partnership under the second picture. But I should have emphasized it up front.

Reaction Score
The Waypoint can itself in both pictures has wording on top “Proud Partner of UConn Huskies”. How many times do we have to say it? Then additional wording at bottom!
So if three times isn’t enough, how many times is, if someone doesn’t actually read it?
As someone involved in this for the past year, UConn is very good at making sure they are the ones compensated for any use of its logo’s. That’s why the players at Red Fox NIL events don’t wear UConn gear.

Reaction Score
The title is accurate, it is a UConn Beverage. Three places in the pictures it made clear the beverage partnership was between UConn and Waypoint. This is the hill we have to climb, when the impulse is to criticize rather than support NIL.

Reaction Score
They should do a Heublein Tower drink. Heublein made their money as the first large-scale bottler of mixed drinks like this.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They shouldn't apply that to anyone who is 21. Obviously a person under 21 can't endorse an alcoholic beverage.

Reaction Score
They shouldn't apply that to anyone who is 21. Obviously a person under 21 can't endorse an alcoholic beverage.
The beverage partnership is with the school not any player. Of course, if we go down this slippery slope, since the school includes students under age 21, should the school be allowed to do a deal? Is that consistent with how player NIL are viewed?
But, schools are allowed to do such deals and serve alcohol at games that under 21 year olds play in. Is that a problem?
For those who have a problem with that, I do think that horse has left the barn a long time ago.

Reaction Score
At any rate, 6pm, Thursday, October 28th, at Red Fox in Middletown, there’s a rollout of the new beverage. It should be fun!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I’m buying two cases next time I’m in CT and forcing all of my Nova alum neighbors to drink this instead of Surfsides.

Reaction Score
Apparently, just samples will be available on Thursday, 9/28, not the UConn beverage cans. Those will be distributed in the next couple days.

Reaction Score
Apparently, just samples will be available on Thursday, 9/28, not the UConn beverage cans. Those will be distributed in the next couple days.
The sample was great, drink will be available at football game this weekend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom