Gavitt games in danger post-2023 | The Boneyard

Gavitt games in danger post-2023

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not worried, the Big Ten would walk away if they're moving to 22 conference games which is at least a few years away. And if it ends in a few years you just add a good opponent in its place

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Not worried, the Big Ten would walk away if they're moving to 22 conference games which is at least a few years away. And if it ends in a few years you just add a good opponent in its place
This should be worrying. This is an opportunity for us to be seen as peers with the B1G, a top-2 league. Right now, the perception is that the BE is a power league in basketball but that could change if we lose challenges like this. Also, we may be able to schedule big names, but will Seton Hall, Butler, and Providence? They can't replace the Gavitt games.

Reaction Score
This should be worrying. This is an opportunity for us to be seen as peers with the B1G, a top-2 league. Right now, the perception is that the BE is a power league in basketball but that could change if we lose challenges like this. Also, we may be able to schedule big names, but will Seton Hall, Butler, and Providence? They can't replace the Gavitt games.
I get that it's worrying for someone who spends their days dreaming up mock OOC schedules and D1 realignment. But it's really not a big deal, if the Big Ten doesn't want it then go make an agreement with another P5 conference. The Big East will remain a power league as long as teams win in March

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I get that it's worrying for someone who spends their days dreaming up mock OOC schedules and D1 realignment. But it's really not a big deal, if the Big Ten doesn't want it then go make an agreement with another P5 conference. The Big East will remain a power league as long as teams win in March
In that case, I vote Big East-ACC challenge.

Reaction Score
LOL. Yeah. As long as the new Villanova coach is excellent. Nobody else is going to make consistent deep runs.

Reaction Score
Broken record.
If I’m not mistaken Kansas toughest games were against Providence and Creighton( less a big
They handled a short handed Nova pretty well ( less their leader)
Three Big East team lost in rounds 16/8/4 games to the eventual champ and it was a bad year.
That’s a pretty good showing for an off year .

Reaction Score
If I’m not mistaken Kansas toughest games were against Providence and Creighton( less a big
They handled a short handed Nova pretty well ( less their leader)
Three Big East team lost in rounds 16/8/4 games to the eventual champ and it was a bad year.
That’s a pretty good showing for an off year .
That wasn’t an off year. It was probably the best year the NEWBIE has had. 3 teams made it out of the first weekend. 2 got to the Elite 8. That hasn’t happened since the very early days of the NEWBIE.

Reaction Score
LOL. Yeah. As long as the new Villanova coach is excellent. Nobody else is going to make consistent deep runs.
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Reaction Score
Off topic in terms of impact to Uconn but the article is wrong about Rutgers and Seton Hall. They play each other but not as part of the Gavitt Games.

This is a big deal. It's not as easy to schedule P5 teams consistently and as the revenue gap between conferences like the BE and B1G increase, it's only going to get more difficult.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom