2023 Recruiting: - Gavin Griffiths at todays game | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Gavin Griffiths at todays game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe it's just the angle, but he looks reasonably athletic to me.
He needs to get quicker/stronger which will come with his body maturing inside a college program but he certainly is athletic, not sure about head level at the rim like the angle of the pic but he has ups. He can do 360's and put it between his legs in warm-ups and I've seen him catch an alley oop from a pass near the halfcourt sideline, he dunks from a standstill under the hoop with ease. It's rare to have a hometown kid who is this talented and I badly want Griffiths to be a part of the program.

Saw a couple Tyler Polley comparisons on the board, he's not like Polley. He's a much better talent and he plays with a confidence/edge that I like. You can also tell he's a good kid, his teammates really like him and other recruits like him and respect his game.

Reaction Score
He needs to get quicker/stronger which will come with his body maturing inside a college program but he certainly is athletic, not sure about head level at the rim like the angle of the pic but he has ups. He can do 360's and put it between his legs in warm-ups and I've seen him catch an alley oop from a pass near the halfcourt sideline, he dunks from a standstill under the hoop with ease. It's rare to have a hometown kid who is this talented and I badly want Griffiths to be a part of the program.

Saw a couple Tyler Polley comparisons on the board, he's not like Polley. He's a much better talent and he plays with a confidence/edge that I like. You can also tell he's a good kid, his teammates really like him and other recruits like him and respect his game.

His hip mobility is probably more of the things limiting his athleticism that pure vertical. He doesn't turn and spring the way you'd hope for from a SG/SF right now. It'll come though--I like our S&C guy so far.

Reaction Score
His hip mobility is probably more of the things limiting his athleticism that pure vertical. He doesn't turn and spring the way you'd hope for from a SG/SF right now. It'll come though--I like our S&C guy so far.
I miss coach Mike’s update pictures but hopefully this guy is making similar progress with our players behind the scenes

Reaction Score
Looking for Duke/Kentucky offers like TBB?

Don't get me wrong.. Like the kid's skills

Reaction Score
Hopefully our apparent loss of interest from Bol Bowen hasn’t affected this recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom