Gampel | The Boneyard

Gampel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dose anyone know if they are fixing the ceiling tiles inside Gampel. Looking pretty lousy last year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dose anyone know if they are fixing the ceiling tiles inside Gampel. Looking pretty lousy last year.

It will take a couple of years.

They had an architect and a couple of artisans fly in from Italy earlier in the year to begin the process of figuring out how to replicate the current tiles.

Patoni didn't work off of plans - they say he never owned a pencil in his life and any plans that may have existed were lost in the kiln disaster - but the architect and the artisans apprenticed under him for well over two decades, so if anyone has a chance, it's them.

But if they can't do it, we're going to have to live with it as it is. You just don't toss up a ladder and slap new tiles over a Patoni creation. You just don't.

It'd be like throwing a new paper mache schlong on Michelangelo's "David" just because you thought the old one was hanging the wrong way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It looks to me like some kind of material(cloth) is peeling off of them, can't you just scrape and paint? Maybe spray on a popcorn ceiling.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It looks to me like some kind of material(cloth) is peeling off of them, can't you just scrape and paint? Maybe spray on a popcorn ceiling.

Just paint some white on the brown spots for the time being for duckcks sake. It looks like a public toilet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Fishy equates their fixing to Michelangelo's David's penis. Or something like that.
Hmmn, what would Freud make of that choice of analogy?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One thing is for sure - I clearly did not like enough posts in that thread. There is some true Boneyard poetry in there.
It's not too late!

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
If I start getting dripped on I'll look up. Doesn't bother me in the least, I just watch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom