Gampel fans | The Boneyard

Gampel fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Somebody needs to check that crowd for a pulse.

Reaction Score
rough, ugly first half. unfortunately, fans only respond to good play. the crowd is only a small run or a few big plays away from waking up.

good turnout by the students which should be expected for a gampel game right when they get back from break.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to check this forum for a pulse.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Someone needs to check this forum for a pulse.
. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You answered your own question. Mobile devices are killing message forums. They are so last year.

This forum needs a big 'like' button and facebook post button and badges and retweet buttons. All in one! Post your smiley to every social network in the world at once!

Facebook will be the new platform for forums like this. You will be able to share your Husky timeline with everyone! And share your mojo tunes on Spotify! And your kitty pics! Kittens in Husky wear! And your purchase history at the Husky Store! And interactive seat location!

And get your Gold Husky Fan Badge!

Reaction Score
We should play all our games at the Civic Center. The students act like they are dead.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
We should play all our games at the Civic Center. The students act like they are dead.
I hope you mean besides the front row. I didn't wait outside at 2pm freezing to get let in at 5:30pm and not yell my lungs out. But I agree that the other students were "dead" for most of the game. There were also times when the students would all be yelling but for a reason that confuses me, the rest of the crowd is sitting, not yelling or even standing at all. Can someone please help to nicely explain that to me?

Reaction Score
believe it or not, i was impressed with gampel tonight. people actually kept standing through time outs when we were on those runs. but still, they need to realize that when we're down, they need us to cheer them back to life.

Reaction Score
I thought the crowd was pretty decent, except for those that left with a couple minutes to go. Tough loss and everyone was like a zombie leaving Gampel. What really hurt were the lengthy time outs midway through the second half...they completely killed Uconn's momentum.

SJ

Reaction Score
believe it or not, i was impressed with gampel tonight. people actually kept standing through time outs when we were on those runs. but still, they need to realize that when we're down, they need us to cheer them back to life.
Yes, we watched that happen tonight. It was great while it lasted, then suddenly, and for no apparent reason, people just sat down, and it seemed like the crowd gave up. Of course, they jumped up at the last three, but the game was good while fans were excited. Bunch of girls I say! Moody, hard-to-please girls!

Reaction Score
I was at the game and I thought the crowd was quite dissapointing. Unlike the XL WVU Crowd that sustained its energy the last 8 minute of the game cheering the team across the finish line, this crowd was more reactive and lost its energy after coming alive at around the 10 minutes mark of the 2nd half. We tried to get our section to stand but they wouldn't.

We might have a championship team, but I don't know if we have a chamionship crowd any more. Gampel should have stood up the last 10 minutes of the game but the team got only about 5 minutes of standing and yelling.

Reaction Score
Way up in Section 221, we were standing for nearly the entire final 15 minutes of the game (INCLUDING TIMEOUTS).

Reaction Score
Way up in Section 221, we were standing for nearly the entire final 15 minutes of the game (INCLUDING TIMEOUTS).
Watching on TV the crowd sounded good but when the run was on and the Huskies came within 1 or took the lead the crowd should be fully engaged and standing. All the lower seats were sitting numbly watching Cincy take the ball up court when in all reality it should be fn crazy!!!! The suits and business eats suck in a huge way and always will......UConns own fault!!

Reaction Score
Watching on TV the crowd sounded good but when the run was on and the Huskies came within 1 or took the lead the crowd should be fully engaged and standing. All the lower seats were sitting numbly watching Cincy take the ball up court when in all reality it should be fn crazy!!!! The suits and business eats suck in a huge way and always will......UConns own fault!!

That's really the issue with Gampel vs. HCC. The Gampel season ticket holders are the larger donors, who tend to be older and quieter.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. You've gotta admit, it's nice to be able to read the stories from the horde as soon as they are written and posted via twitter link.

You answered your own question. Mobile devices are killing message forums. They are so last year.

This forum needs a big 'like' button and facebook post button and badges and retweet buttons. All in one! Post your smiley to every social network in the world at once!

Facebook will be the new platform for forums like this. You will be able to share your Husky timeline with everyone! And share your mojo tunes on Spotify! And your kitty pics! Kittens in Husky wear! And your purchase history at the Husky Store! And interactive seat location!

And get your Gold Husky Fan Badge!

Reaction Score
That's really the issue with Gampel vs. HCC. The Gampel season ticket holders are the larger donors, who tend to be older and quieter.

Believe me, there are plenty of huge donors in the lower bowl at the XL. Most of the large donors I know that do not attend both XL and Gampel games have chosen to attend just the XL games because of the larger number of games and the central location.

Reaction Score
Maybe now that Herbst has installed a competent fund-raiser in the AD's office, we won't need to shell out tickets to the corporate suits and can develop a home-court atmosphere befitting a top-10 national program.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the crowd was pretty good, especially in the 2nd half

and very few people left early

Reaction Score
the crowd was pretty good, especially in the 2nd half

and very few people left early
I still say "eh!" It was a reactive and okay crowd. A good crowd would have maintained their intensity during the last 10 minutes of the game and stood up during the action. A great crowd would have remained standing up during and between the action and blew out their vocal chords and ear drums.

I thought the Gampel crowds were better than the XL but I'm hearing that is not the case. Over the years I've been to many games in both venues and have found the Gampel crowds more intense and energetic. Not last night!

Cincy too easily quieted the crowd by making some plays during that last 10 minutes stetch, as well as the UConn team quieting the crowd by squandering a few chances to stretch the lead once they got it. That should never f*ng happen!!! If you're a fan who needs your team to always do something for you to cheer them on, go find yourself another team! I don't really care how old you are or how rich you are. As long as the team hasn't given up, get off your ass and blow out your voice box. If you can't do that, give up your season tickets to someone who will. Not only are you not helping your team out, your passivity is robbing the live-game experience from those who want it.

Win or lose, I love it when JC goes up to the podium after the game and sincerely thanks the home crowd for trying to will them to victory. I go to these games because I want to share in the energy that the team and fans bring to the event. If I just want to watch the game, I can do that comfortably from my Lazyboy in front of my HD TV w/ network provided replays, commentary, my frig one room away and my remote in my hand to replay whatever I want.

Exactly what are the reasons why the home team often wins even when they aren't the more talented team? In hoops the court is the same size and the baskets the same height. A good crowd can make a huge difference on the intensity that the home team plays, on how tight the visiting team plays and on how the refs call the game. Would our team have kept their intensity and level of play high and would the Cincy players played a tad more scared if the crowd had stood up and cheered their brains out for last full 10 minutes of the game? Answer: We'll never know!

Reactions: SJ
Reaction Score
Not to rag on the dance team (under 8:00 timeout) or Emily Noonan (under 4:00 timeout) or anything, but it felt like they helped break up the flow of energy that was building. Instead of keeping the buzz pumping, we were forced to watch or listen to something instead. As cheesy as it sounds, the crowd would've stayed more "awake" if they'd just thrown out t-shirts or rolled the dance cam to keep things going...

Reaction Score
Not to rag on the dance team (under 8:00 timeout) or Emily Noonan (under 4:00 timeout) or anything, but it felt like they helped break up the flow of energy that was building. Instead of keeping the buzz pumping, we were forced to watch or listen to something instead. As cheesy as it sounds, the crowd would've stayed more "awake" if they'd just thrown out t-shirts or rolled the dance cam to keep things going...

Thats classic uconn marketing. Bringing the doom upon themselves.

Reaction Score
I still say "eh!" It was a reactive and okay crowd. A good crowd would have maintained their intensity during the last 10 minutes of the game and stood up during the action. A great crowd would have remained standing up during and between the action and blew out their vocal chords and ear drums.

I thought the Gampel crowds were better than the XL but I'm hearing that is not the case. Over the years I've been to many games in both venues and have found the Gampel crowds more intense and energetic. Not last night!

Cincy too easily quieted the crowd by making some plays during that last 10 minutes stetch, as well as the UConn team quieting the crowd by squandering a few chances to stretch the lead once they got it. That should never f*ng happen!!! If you're a fan who needs your team to always do something for you to cheer them on, go find yourself another team! I don't really care how old you are or how rich you are. As long as the team hasn't given up, get off your ass and blow out your voice box. If you can't do that, give up your season tickets to someone who will. Not only are you not helping your team out, your passivity is robbing the live-game experience from those who want it.

Win or lose, I love it when JC goes up to the podium after the game and sincerely thanks the home crowd for trying to will them to victory. I go to these games because I want to share in the energy that the team and fans bring to the event. If I just want to watch the game, I can do that comfortably from my Lazyboy in front of my HD TV w/ network provided replays, commentary, my frig one room away and my remote in my hand to replay whatever I want.

Exactly what are the reasons why the home team often wins even when they aren't the more talented team? In hoops the court is the same size and the baskets the same height. A good crowd can make a huge difference on the intensity that the home team plays, on how tight the visiting team plays and on how the refs call the game. Would our team have kept their intensity and level of play high and would the Cincy players played a tad more scared if the crowd had stood up and cheered their brains out for last full 10 minutes of the game? Answer: We'll never know!

until they put the students in the lower seats ringed around the court, this will never change and there is no reason to even have this conversation. This should be the first mission of the new AD. We know that Calhoun wants it.

The people sitting down there do not have the energy to stand all game, and are not interested in making a lot of noise. They are either to old, or just not that passionate.

I sat three rows from the floor, center court for the game, as a guest of a friend, who got the tix through a business school function that he was involved with. Nothing would have made me happier to stand and yell the whole game, but it's just not going to happen. I can only take it so many times getting yelled at to sit down. I usually sit up top where the crowd is much better.

And the stupid security policy is to not let anyone down there without a ticket. They check at every aisle, so even when there are empty seats, they go unfilled. At least at the civic center you can go in the lower section and take seats until someone comes to claim them. They only check tickets in the few rows inside the hockey rink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom