Game Week - UConn v. ECU (Sunday 9/24/17 @ Noon on ESPNU) | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. ECU (Sunday 9/24/17 @ Noon on ESPNU)

Reaction Score
111.jpg

Randy Edsall Bobblehead Day

UConn Huskies‏@UConnHuskies 57m 57 minutes ago
Time is ticking on the @UConnFootball 48 Hour Flash Sale! Get your $15 tickets before this offer expires on Tuesday morning.
Promo code: FLASHFB17 ($10 + $5 ticket fee) - (5 bucks cheaper than the BAND code)

ECU Football‏@ECUPiratesFB 2h 2 hours ago
"On offense the quarterback leads this football team." - Coach Mo on UCONN

ECU Football‏ @ECUPiratesFB 2h 2 hours ago
"The best thing for our players is to get an extra work AND rest day." - Coach Mo on playing UCONN on Sunday vs Saturday

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, this is week 4 now since school started, so the preseason is over and this is the season opener on Sunday. or something. Or maybe it's just the first conference game of the season.

Seems like it's important though to practice well and prepare this week for the game.

Reaction Score
Opportunities for success always present themselves in many ways on many levels.

A hallmark of the Edsall era 1.0 was the ability to bounce back from a loss with a strong performance. Edsall era 2.0 has a great opportunity to do that this week.

I'm looking for that happen, and I expect a win at home. It's not hard to realize that this program's mental fitness both as individuals and a team in the first month of the 2017 season might be a bit off when it comes to performances. We're running new systems and just went through 3 years of batman stories and fish oil cooking recipes when it comes to x's and o's. While amusing and creative, it didn't work.

The film doesn't lie, and a workman like approach to identifying mistakes, evaluating things honestly and truthfully, and establishing principles about routine, practice and preparation high standards, and then seeing the results happen because of it - that's a way that works when it comes to buidling a strong foundation of mental toughness.

There is plenty positive to look at for this program right now going into the 3rd game, and first conference game. Realistic season goals are still very much attainable, and getting better every day is the way to get there. Can only play one game at a time, and things are never as bad as they seem, and they're also never as good.

Looking forward to more of huskymedic's reporting.

have a nice day.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I mentioned in another thread the score of this game could be in the 40s and not because these are great offenses, the defense is just brutal.

I think we win a "shoot out" 45-38

Also, high of 88. Not exactly the pleasant early fall day you would hope for.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I would like to get @whaler11 's take on this.

Obviously it means that we are favored, and we are probably getting a little bit of the home-field bump. But I wonder at what point in the week does Whaler think that the line best reflect reality.

Either way, I'll take it. Let's go punch someone in #$king mouth!!! ;)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would like to get @whaler11 's take on this.

Obviously it means that we are favored, and we are probably getting a little bit of the home-field bump. But I wonder at what point in the week does Whaler think that the line best reflect reality.

Either way, I'll take it. Let's go punch someone in #$king mouth!!! ;)

The line at kickoff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom