Game Week - UConn v. #21 USF *CANCELLED*

Reaction Score
Band Day and Randy Edsall Bobblehead Giveaway Day

Early forecast for Saturday:

019.JPG

Reaction Score
Edsall/ AAC Media Conference Call Highlights:

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout
UConn RB Nate Hopkins makes American Conference's weekly honor roll. Freshman ran for 130 yards, 3 TDs against Holy Cross.

Ian Bethune‏ @Ian_Bethune 36s 36 seconds ago
#UConn HCRE - the comeback win showed a lot of character about the team

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 15s 15 seconds ago
UConn coach Randy Edsall says no decision on starting QB. "I would think by (Tuesday) we'll announce a two-deep."

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 14s 15 seconds ago
Edsall also didn't provide any update on LB Junior Joseph's injury.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 24s 25 seconds ago
Edsall: no QB decision, no update on Junior Joseph or Vontae Diggs. (Depth chart-related stuff will always be Tues announcements, he said.)

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 41s 41 seconds ago
Those announcements will come Tuesday at regular media availability.

USFBrad

thebullspen.com
Reaction Score
We are happy to be coming up there in early September!

We've got two games in the books and neither was pleasing for a Bulls fan to watch. We really, REALLY, need to play better.

A lot of talk is that Coach Strong was going "vanilla" and we will see this new offense when conference play comes along. Thankfully it is here and our narrow escapes through our cupcake non-con schedule is over for now.

As you likely know, last season was the three-headed monster - Flowers, Mack and Adams. The latter are in the NFL. Really, no one has emerged to reconfigure the monster.

I haven't watched your game this past Saturday, I hear it started poorly. Maybe I'll find time to watch an abbreviated version.

I'll be in and out on your site if you have any questions or comments as we near the game. I look forward to hearing your opinions.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Did Hahn get many snaps against HC? I just dont remember him being out there - good or bad.

The big questions this week - can a full game of Fatusaki and the return of Diggs make the difference we need? On the O- can Hopkins duplicate his 'make the first guy miss' magic and can we get the ball to Skanes? There are many more questions, but I feel those rise to the top for me....ignoring the QB drama.

Reaction Score
Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 3m 3 minutes ago
Your QB depth chart winner is .... Bryant Shirreffs. LB Junior Joseph listed as a starter still.

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 4m 4 minutes ago
LB Vontae Diggs listed as starter too. DB Marshes Terry now No. 1, ahead of Brice McAllister.

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 3m 3 minutes ago
Arkleel Newsome and Nate Hopkins now "OR"

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 1m 1 minute ago
No more "OR" at WR or Punter. Brett Graham No. 1 punter.

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 49s 50 seconds ago
Cam Stapleton and Chris Britton (who both started vs. HC) now "OR" at one linebacker.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 19s1 9 seconds ago
Edsall on naming Shirreffs starting QB: "You make the decision that you think is best for your team."

Jeff Jacobs‏ @jacobscourant 30s 30 seconds ago
Edsall said Joseph and Diggs have practiced.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 44s45 seconds ago
Both Joseph and Diggs practiced today, Edsall said. Didn't say for sure if they will both play on Saturday.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 34s35 seconds ago
Edsall says Joseph and Diggs practiced today. Whether they play against USF he wouldn't say.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 27s 28 seconds ago
Asked if Joseph and Diggs would definitely play, Edsall said, "They practiced." So, they're ready.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 34s 34 seconds ago
Edsall on OL: Very inconsistent. Nowhere near where we need to be.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 47s47 seconds ago
Edsall on O line: "Inconsistent. Nowhere near where we need to be. Let's not fool ourselves."

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 43s43 seconds ago
"We have to get a lot better." #UConn's Randy Edsall on offensive line

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 52s53 seconds ago
Edsall continues to hammer home to his players just to do their job.

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 20s 21 seconds ago
Shirreffs, Peart, Nate Hopkins among players that #UConn coach Randy Edsall was impressed by against Holy Cross

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 33s 33 seconds ago
Edsall: “I think Arkeel will bounce back. ... He'll be fine going forward."

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 27s28 seconds ago
Edsall always avoids the "sugar." On Jamar Summers' career-high 10 tackles: "He played a good game." Done.

Ian Bethune‏ @Ian_Bethune
Decision on #UConn punter was made in pregame: Graham caught snap, Magliozzi dropped snap. Edsall said decision made.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 45s 45 seconds ago
Edsall going all Harbaugh on depth chart: "Well, the depth chart is something we put out there."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 34s 34 seconds ago
Edsall on OL: Very inconsistent. Nowhere near where we need to be.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 47s47 seconds ago
Edsall on O line: "Inconsistent. Nowhere near where we need to be. Let's not fool ourselves."

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 43s43 seconds ago
"We have to get a lot better." #UConn's Randy Edsall on offensive line

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 52s53 seconds ago
Edsall continues to hammer home to his players just to do their job.

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 20s 21 seconds ago
Shirreffs, Peart, Nate Hopkins among players that #UConn coach Randy Edsall was impressed by against Holy Cross

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 33s 33 seconds ago
Edsall: “I think Arkeel will bounce back. ... He'll be fine going forward."

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 27s28 seconds ago
Edsall always avoids the "sugar." On Jamar Summers' career-high 10 tackles: "He played a good game." Done.

Ian Bethune‏ @Ian_Bethune
Decision on #UConn punter was made in pregame: Graham caught snap, Magliozzi dropped snap. Edsall said decision made.

Ed Daigneault‏ @EdDaigneault 45s 45 seconds ago
Edsall going all Harbaugh on depth chart: "Well, the depth chart is something we put out there."

This is such a pet peeve of mine but the OL was very consistent - it was just bad!

Always annoys me when coaches say that.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Swann & Skanes both back there now for PR & KR. Looking forward to some positive excitement and field position from those guys!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Two things stand out. If Terry is the starter, did I miss how bad a game McAllister had? I saw Terry miss a bunch of coverage. I thought for sure it was going to go the other way.

I am really really excited about the return game potential. In spite of the fumble and the drama of the bad fair catch decision and the ball sailing over, it's still better for me than 3 years of no returns. I know the drama will get fixed.

Reaction Score
FYI the CT Transit Rentschler Flyer shuttle from downtown Hartford has been discontinued. Kind of a bummer as I could jump on it just a half block from my apartment.:(

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom