Game Week - UConn v. #21 UCF (Thursday Night 8/30/18 @ 7p on ESPNU) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. #21 UCF (Thursday Night 8/30/18 @ 7p on ESPNU)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Anybody have a block of tickets with just one of them having the pull off section with the bar code on it? I'm worried 3 of the 4 will get stopped at the gate because they won't scan.

Reaction Score
This is a really negative take. Syracuse is unwinnable? Nonsense. Are we favorites, no. Do underdogs win games? Yes. Every year, lots of them.

True....But based on the Vegas Odds, historically...underdogs of +19.5 points or more have won a 1.6% of the matches. (The odds of the UCF game).

A ten point dog has a fighting chance since they win almost a quarter of their matches.

Sooo...it is a matter of just how much of an underdog.

Don't have a clue about the Cuse odds yet.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
True....But based on the Vegas Odds, historically...underdogs of +19.5 points or more have won a 1.6% of the matches. (The odds of the UCF game).

A ten point dog has a fighting chance since they win almost a quarter of their matches.

And UConn has won those games before against Tedy Bridgewater and Louisville for example.

I don't think Syracuse would be favored by more than 8-9. I think a 1.6% chance against UCF is about right. But we, and Vegas, have absolutely no idea what this UConn team is or can do. They may be much better or worse that than spread.

Reaction Score
Hmmm ... the Niel Ostrout comments on Jo0e D's podcast were a lot less confident in the OL than have been expressed here in recent days.

Reaction Score
Hmmm ... the Niel Ostrout comments on Jo0e D's podcast were a lot less confident in the OL than have been expressed here in recent days.

He’s worried about the interior of the OL.. I’m surprised to hear that..

Reaction Score
And UConn has won those games before against Tedy Bridgewater and Louisville for example.

I don't think Syracuse would be favored by more than 8-9. I think a 1.6% chance against UCF is about right. But we, and Vegas, have absolutely no idea what this UConn team is or can do. They may be much better or worse that than spread.

That was a good underdog win against Louisville...looked up the odds...

"Odds: The Huskies opened as 12-point underdogs on the road, but the line has since moved down anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 points towards UConn."

Reaction Score
He’s worried about the interior of the OL.. I’m surprised to hear that..

Reasonable considering Crozier is coming off another season impacted by injury and that Haynes the the first true freshman OL to start in a season opener since UConn began playing at the FBS level (thx Jim Fuller for that tidbit).

Reaction Score
Anyone know of a good bar in Boston to watch the game? Can't find anything about watch parties anywhere.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Gotta say, I'm feeling the start of the season excitement, notwithstanding the fact that I think it will be a long night for us on Thursday. I'm trying to manage my expectations. I just want to see improvement, in fundamentals, in scheme, in body language.
Disregarding what the number of freshman on the two deep typically indicates, this is the most optimistic I've witnessed the coaching staff be since we didn't know how crazy Diaco actually was in 2014. I'm half expecting to be pleasantly surprised.

Reaction Score

I wonder if those odds change much for first games of the season for both teams?

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Anyone know of a good bar in Boston to watch the game? Can't find anything about watch parties anywhere.
Listen, you need to get to the game! We're not that far and we need fans at the game! I'll probably have an extra with my group if you go.

Reaction Score
I wonder if those odds change much for first games of the season for both teams?
I was wondering the same thing.. The first game of the year is a lot less predictable than games in the middle and late in the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom