Game Week - UConn @ UVA (9/16/17 @ Noon on ESPN2) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ UVA (9/16/17 @ Noon on ESPN2)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yes doesn't he have 4 to play 4 which makes him a freshman? He didn't technically redshirt last year he wasn't on a team?

So effectively he's the same as a RFr but the R won't be next to his class as he works through the seasons I think.
At this point, we are saying the same thing. Rose cannot redshirt and still play 4 full seasons.

Reaction Score
At this point, we are saying the same thing. Rose cannot redshirt and still play 4 full seasons.

The only time I saw Rose on the field was on kick return.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It doesn't. Dream asked what position did he play.
I'm not sure. I didn't notice him on offense. My response concerning all the redshirt mumbo jumbo was in response to Exit 4, which was in response to huskymedic. I do remember hearing on the coaches show leading up to the CHC game that Rose was in line for some time on Special teams. Though I'm unsure if he saw the field.

Reaction Score
Halftime adjustments? As a UConn football fan the past six years, I am unfamiliar with that term. Explain please.
I believe that is when you put a different punt returner in at halftime because the returner you used in the first half wore out his arm by raising it too much.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
84 degrees and partly cloudy for Charlottesville on Saturday.

That's a nice fall day in Texas. Back east, that's a little warm for football.

Reaction Score
Fuller: UConn’s Diggs to return against Virginia Saturday

>> I am really an emotional guy, a hyper guy and I am ready to rock right now. We could play today, tomorrow, the next day and I am going to be ready to go. It is going to be exciting playing at an ACC school, it is going to be loud, the louder the better for me personally. I am ready to go and hit somebody other than my own team.”<<

Keefe: New and improved Diggs eager to return to action for UConn

>>While sidelined, he gained some knowledge of the new defense, bonded with linebackers coach Jon Wholley and gained a whole new perspective to the game. "I'm picking everything back up where I left off," Diggs said of his return. "Coaches don't want any excuses and I don't want to give them any excuses if I mess up or I have a lapse here or there. I love it. The guys love it. I've just got to keep pushing.<<

Reaction Score
Looking forward to Diggs being back and some of the new Defensive Backs settling in. Pretty sure everyone learned a lot from Week 1. We could be in a good spot here if the offense resembles our second half against HC.

Reaction Score
Fuller: UConn’s Diggs to return against Virginia Saturday

>> I am really an emotional guy, a hyper guy and I am ready to rock right now. We could play today, tomorrow, the next day and I am going to be ready to go. It is going to be exciting playing at an ACC school, it is going to be loud, the louder the better for me personally. I am ready to go and hit somebody other than my own team.”<<

Keefe: New and improved Diggs eager to return to action for UConn

>>While sidelined, he gained some knowledge of the new defense, bonded with linebackers coach Jon Wholley and gained a whole new perspective to the game. "I'm picking everything back up where I left off," Diggs said of his return. "Coaches don't want any excuses and I don't want to give them any excuses if I mess up or I have a lapse here or there. I love it. The guys love it. I've just got to keep pushing.<<

... and now Anthony: No More Pep Talks: Diggs Ready To Let Actions Speak When UConn Meets Virginia

Kid is easy to root for!

Reaction Score
Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 5m 5 minutes ago
UConn game captains: Peart Ormsby, Hahn again.

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 2m 2 minutes ago
Edsall on USF reschedule: "I'm really pleased that the league was able... to come up with the solutions they did."

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 47s 48 seconds ago
Football coach Randy Edsall commends AAC officials for making schedule changes that allows UConn to play South Florida on Nov. 4.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 40s 41 seconds ago
Edsall: "I think it is very, very important that if you have the opportunity to play all your league games it's something we should do."

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 12s 13 seconds ago
UConn scout teams players of the week: A.J. Garson (defense), Kyle Buss (special teams) and Robert Holmes (offense).

Last edited:

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
CBS has 2 UVa defensive players listed as 1st rounders in 2018 mock draft.

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Jaguars nab huge SMU wideout, Giants land a franchise QB

27. Dallas Cowboys
Quin Blanding, S, Virginia . Blanding can do whatever you ask of him, really, but the Cowboys would let him patrol the deep middle and create turnovers with Byron Jones now more of a slot cornerback and strong safety than anything else. Blanding sees everything happen a split-second before everyone else on the field and is a sure tackler.

32. New England Patriots
Micah Kiser, LB, Virginia. Two first-round picks from Virginia? Yep, and it would be the first time since 2008. Kiser is a second-level eraser who can provide some pass-rushing help as a blitzer. Dont'a Hightower is one of the best linebackers in the AFC. He just needs an effective player next to him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom