Game Week - UConn @ #22/23 UCF (9/28/19 @ 7p on ESPN2) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ #22/23 UCF (9/28/19 @ 7p on ESPN2)

Reaction Score
Now comes another thrashing. It would be encouraging if the defense puts up a fight and gets a few stops. The offense has to do better this week, even if the competition is better than in the first 3 weeks. Can't go out there and doing nothing again. Do SOMETHING.

Reaction Score

Not good. The injuries on defense concern me. I saw a lot of poor play by some on the nonstarters in the second half of the Indiana game that reminded me of last year's defense.

Reaction Score
UConn coach Randy Edsall affirms faith in freshman quarterback, seeks improvement from run game (Putterman) or here

>>After watching freshman quarterback Jack Zergiotis struggle in a 38-3 Huskies loss to Indiana on Saturday, coach Randy Edsall picked up the phone. “I called Dan Orlovsky. I said, ‘Hey, do me a favor. Call Jack and tell him what it’s like to be a freshman playing quarterback and give him some insight,’" Edsall said Tuesday. “I talked to Jack about it, and I think that’ll help him. He’ll be fine.”

“You’ve got to be careful because you don’t want to give the kid too much too soon, and you don’t want to overload him to make it really hard on him," Edsall said. “We can do and I can do a better job of making sure that we help him as much as we can.”<<

>>Injuries to several key defensive starters during the Indiana game tested UConn’s depth. But Edsall said Tuesday that the team looks almost fully healthy as it prepares to face UCF. “We don’t expect anybody to miss unless something happens during the week in practice,” he said. "We expect to have everybody back who didn’t finish the game last weekend.”<<

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe@GavinKeefe 4 mins ago
Another Tuesday in Storrs for UConn football coach Randy Edsall's weekly press conference. Huskies visit UCF on Saturday in their AAC opener.

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 49s
Randy Edsall: “We’re pretty healthy this week. Expect to have everybody for the game.” Indicates LB D.J. Morgan, S Tyler Coyle, CB Tahj Herring-Wilson will play.

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN
Edsall to the team: "We have to step up our game quite a bit this week, which we can do. This is the best team we have played so far this year." #UConnFootball

Edsall on run game: "It's about coming off the ball and having a will to be better than the guy across from you. It's all will and want to, fundamentals & technique." #UConnFootball

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 28s
Edsall indicates the change made during the Indiana game with Robert Holmes coming on for Cam DeGeorge at LG is how #UConnFootball will go moving forward; likes the push Holmes was able to get at the LOS when he came on

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault 34s
Edsall said the Huskies practiced in a heated up Shenkman to simulate what they will face in Orlando.

Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman
Randy Edsall says he asked Dan Orlovsky to call Jack Zergiotis and talk about what it's like to be a freshman quarterback. Edsall said he could have done a better job preparing Zergiotis, who seemed a little flustered.

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout
Edsall said he asked Dan Orlovsky to call UConn QB Jack Zergiotis about "what it's like to be a freshman quarterback" under Edsall.

"I'm not worried about Jack [Zergiotis], he's a competitor." - Edsall #UConnFootball

Ed Daigneault @EdDaigneault
Edsall says the Huskies have had discussions with UCF, and other AAC schools, about continuing series.

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 1m
Edsall on playing AAC programs in the future: "We’ve had discussions with UCF. And there are some teams from the AAC we still want to play because it makes sense what we want to do from a recruiting standpoint."

Pretty douchey and bad optics of RE saying he primarily wants to play UCF for recruiting. Little or no incentive for UCF to host UConn now that UConn is out of AAC. Sure, everyone knows non-Florida teams love games in that state for recruiting, but how hard is it to say "We have a great deal of respect for UCF as a program and what they have accomplished as conference mates. We would enjoy continuing to play them in the future."

Reaction Score
Tweeted this stat out yesterday but wanted to go back to see who each of the teams played (added in red):

Tony Castricone @Castricone 19h
FEWEST PLAYS ALLOWED OF 30+ YDS IN FBS:
1. @UW_Football - 1 (EW, Cal, Hawaii, BYU)
2. UCF - 2 (Florida A&M, FAU, Stanford, Pitt)
2. Air Force - 2* (Colgate, Colorado, Boise)
2. UConn - 2* (Wagner, Illinois, Indiana)
2. Minnesota - 2* (So.Dakota St, Fresno St, GA State)
2. Utah St. - 2* (WakeF, Stony Brook, SDSU)
2. Oklahoma - 2* (Houston, So.Dakota, UCLA)
2. Navy - 2 (Holy Cross, ECU)
* * have played fewer than four games
#GoHuskies x #PurpleReign

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Time for the Block C purists to have a meltdown.
Nah, that will be if we win against UCF wearing the blue wolf and Randy keeps it the rest of the way.

FWIW, I'm not a Block C / no uniform red radical, but I like this year's unis.

Reaction Score
You really have to throw records and stats out the window when these two bitter rivals take the field.
LOL...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom