Game Week - UConn @ #20 Boise State (Saturday Night 9/8/18 @ 10:15p ET on ESPNU) | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn @ #20 Boise State (Saturday Night 9/8/18 @ 10:15p ET on ESPNU)

Reaction Score
Did Edsall say that his defense will get younger this week against Boise State? Yikes!! I am guessing he will give more playing to some of our true freshman in our defensive line. Maybe he is planning giving Kevon Jones more playing time over Santana Sterling. I can't imagine Edsall was talking about our secondary.

Reaction Score
Did Edsall say that his defense will get younger this week against Boise State? Yikes!! I am guessing he will give more playing to some of our true freshman in our defensive line. Maybe he is planning giving Kevon Jones more playing time over Santana Sterling. I can't imagine Edsall was talking about our secondary.

Waiting for weekly press conference call/depth chart release to see if freshman Pierce DeVaughn is cleared...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Waiting for weekly press conference call/depth chart release to see if freshman Pierce DeVaughn is cleared...
Are there any Diaco DBs left? That would really be a slap in the face.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Is the presser usually Monday or Tuesday for the game ahead?

Reaction Score
Is the presser usually Monday or Tuesday for the game ahead?
Is it normal to come out with the depth chart before the team practices? Does the team have to provide a “final” depth chart to the league prior to the game?

Reaction Score
David Pindell Gives UConn Football Fans A Reason For Hope, Boise State A Challenge To Plan For

>>“Watching him, he’s elusive; he’s athletic,” Harsin said. “Statistically against UCF… that’s impressive. I’ve coached quarterbacks, and the guys that can do that, they’re hard to defend. … Last week’s quarterback could move and things like that, but this guy’s better. We’ve got to do a better job of getting to the ball and then being disciplined. If we’re not disciplined and he pulls down and he does something and runs it, that’s a problem.”<<

Reaction Score
Edsall Game Week Press Conference (FB Live now active):

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 2m 2 minutes ago
6 of 9 defensive linemen listed on #UConn's depth chart never played a snap at UConn before Thursday's season opener

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 1m 1 minute ago
UConn linebacker Sterling Santana, who's from Chandler, Ariz., expects to have about 15 family members and friends at the Boise State game. A few players from his hometown play for Boise.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 2m 2 minutes ago
UConn coach Randy Edsall talking to media. On playing Boise State: “We’ve got another tremendous opportunity and challenge ahead of us.”

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 3m 3 minutes ago
#UConn coach Randy Edsall said team is "going good against good (starters vs. starters) in practice to give team best chance to get ready for speedy Boise team.

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 45s 45 seconds ago
Edsall: "We might be playing two of the best quarterbacks in the country in two straight weeks.”

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 12s 12 seconds ago
Edsall said CB Tahj Herring-Wilson, C Ryan Crozier and OG Cam DeGeorge played well in Week 1.

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 20s 20 seconds ago
Herring-Wilson did look like he got banged up in Tuesday's practice, however.

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 27s 28 seconds ago
Edsall says Tahj "is fine."

Ian Bethune‏ @Ian_Bethune 16s 17 seconds ago
UConn came out healthy from Thursday night's game. The only one who didn't practice today is James Atkins. He doesn't practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays due to class commitments.

Quick press conference... not a lot of Horde tweeting during it.

In the end > Edsall also took blame for loss - "it wasn't on the kids".

Reaction Score
I hope Edsall is asked why he is playing 4 down linemen this year. Does he see more talent in our freshmen linemen than our linebackers? I would love to know his though process.

Reaction Score
Games Notes for UConn and Boise State updated in first post in thread

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom