Game Week 2022 - UConn @ Utah State Aggies (Saturday 8/27/22 @ 4p EST on FS1) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn @ Utah State Aggies (Saturday 8/27/22 @ 4p EST on FS1)

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I may have missed it but where was Nigel Fitzgerald today? Thought he'd be a prime target, especially after Marion went out.

Reaction Score
I thought Cale might get a little more time today, but I get why he left Zion in.

What happened to Fitzgerald? I haven't heard his name in a while.

Our kicker looked great.

Carter ran really hard. O-line was pretty good, especially run blocking.

Coaches made adjustments.

It was an enjoyable game. When Zion gets his feet under him he will be alright.

I will say this. I thought Utah State had a lot of late hits, but UConn kept their composure.

I would love to kick their as....... next year.

We have already used our injury allotment for the year!

Mitchell was great.

Lousy P.I. call at the end.

Reaction Score
008.png

Reaction Score
The D-backs need to tighten it up more. Utah St had too many wide-open receivers. Not enough pressure on the QB. Cale Millen had a first down on the only play I can remember seeing him on. Why not more of him? I know, the staff see Turner as the answer down the road but...this team needs W's more than moral victories right now. W's bring peeps to the Rent. Nathan Carter, Jackson Mitchell and Noe Ruelas are the MVP's of that game.

GO Huskies!!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The D-backs need to tighten it up more. Utah St had too many wide-open receivers. Not enough pressure on the QB. Cale Millen had a first down on the only play I can remember seeing him on. Why not more of him? I know, the staff see Turner as the answer down the road but...this team needs W's more than moral victories right now. W's bring peeps to the Rent. Nathan Carter, Jackson Mitchell and Noe Ruelas are the MVP's of that game.

GO Huskies!!
We definitely have to find a way to get more pressure on the quarterback. I’d rather give up a couple of completions to guys that otherwise wouldn’t have been open to get a sack by a linebacker or a DB.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
General

We will roll CCSU. There's no doubt. This team has everything it takes to beat Cuse, UMass, FIU, Ball State, and Liberty. I'm really hit hard by Ta'Quan and Keelan being out for the season. That's just really something you hate to see to start your "revolution" season. Zion's stats don't really show it but visually it was shown that he started settling in and figuring it out. I think to start he was a little scared to run... and wasn't reading the field too well. Slowly but surely that great QB we recruited showed out and started to get going, but we unfortunately just couldn't find the endzone past the first quarter.
If Charlton can get Zion Turner fixed up in the next two weeks we can 100% beat Syracuse. I don't know where Nigel is, hopefully we can see him take the field soon. I liked what I saw from Kevens Clercius and Aaron Turner. Hoping to see a little more Dajon Harrison in the future, I think he's one of our best receivers, and even more so without Marion or Ross.

Oh, man... Nate Carter!

Nate Carter was undoubtedly one of the best performers if not the best performer of Week 0 so far. Nate ran for 120 yards in the first quarter, putting this Huskies in a position to touch the end zone twice. The magic wore off, of course. A human just can't run that much, especially at altitudes they've never breathed in before. That fumble was absolutely the turning point of the game because had he held on to it, we may have taken a 21-point lead, but I am super excited with what our RB room has to provide, and now fully understand why Will Knight left so quick... Nate Carter is a great human, and clearly, the next great UConn running back. Can't wait to see what he does with USU

Carter had 20 carries and 190 yards. Good for a 9.5 yds/carry average. Longest rush was 52 yards
Other rushing performances from Cale Millen (2 runs for 22 yards longest being 23) and Brian Brewton (5 runs for 18 yards longest being 9 yards)

Mr. Connecticut Mitchell and the DC-less Defense!

Jackson Mitchell had 16 Tackles today. That's insane. It's not like he was alone, either. Ian Swenson and Malik Dixon-Williams were in double digits. Our linebackers are absolutely nuts. Jackson Mitchell is my #2 star of the game behind Nate Carter. The defense forced two fumbles, one of which was picked up by Jackson. I give our LB play a 9/10 today. No 10/10 because we lost.

I was disappointed in the DBs. We did see some nice moments from Mizzou transfer Chris Shearin, as well as Tre Wortham, but man I am not gonna be able to get over that Myles Bell miss. I don't think I'd be able to find it, but there was a play where Myles Bell was still running away from the reviver a good 2 seconds after the catch was made. Hopefully, coach Hillard can get their eyes back up. 5/10 performance from DBs. Boosted by a could pass breakdowns, but there was a good chunk of bad.

DL was meh. We didn't get to see much blitzing because Bonner gets the ball off quickly. stopping Tyler Jr. required a lot of help from LBs/DBs. We didn't really see much from them other than a few close stops. Can't see much of a pass rush when there's no time to get there, to be fair.

Noe (No way)! His Career Average is 50! Also George Caratan...

Noe Ruelas slams a piss missle through the uprights for a 46 and 54 yarder. This is good for a career average of 50. George Caratan showed he's an excellent punter including a punt that ended up dead at the ONE YARD LINE. Special teams as a whole looked amazing. Hardly let the Aggies run.

I expect a win of at least 27 over CCSU. Fix things up... be ready to storm the field vs Cuse!

Reaction Score

Reverse to article

-> “We hate to lose. We didn’t come here to lose,” Mora said after the game, “So we don’t feel good about that and there’s a real disappointment in that locker room. These young men have been through a lot. They made a tremendous commitment to what we’re trying to do here. Every single one of them – they’re very great group of young men. They have a lot of heart. And it means it means the world to them to go out there and perform and win and so they’re disappointed, but we’re not discouraged.” <-

Reaction Score
We definitely have to find a way to get more pressure on the quarterback. I’d rather give up a couple of completions to guys that otherwise wouldn’t have been open to get a sack by a linebacker or a DB.
Qb can’t make completions if being pressured a lot = dbs getting picks because qb has to make a quick decision

Reaction Score
Turning point of the game was the TE going out of bounce late in the second quarter on what could have been a first down. Utah scored 10 quick points after that to close out the half.

Reaction Score

-> “I’ve always said since I got here that this will be a program that competes to the bitter end and it will be a program that people are proud of and people respect,” Mora said. “It’s tough to say that we took a step when we lost. But I think we took a step.” <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom