Game Week 2022 - UConn @ Utah State Aggies (Saturday 8/27/22 @ 4p EST on FS1) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn @ Utah State Aggies (Saturday 8/27/22 @ 4p EST on FS1)

Reaction Score
I was joking about the cleats. Someone had the audacity to accuse me of trolling with my comment.

I'll take plenty of flak on these message boards without responding, but if you accuse my humor of being trolling, well, that's a bridge too far in my book.
When email first came out back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth, there were constant corporate entreaties not to get into flame wars and to understand that humor is not well communicated by the medium. The same could be said for message boards

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not mine but the other two are.
Sort of, at least for me. I’m serious that I’m buying into this staff in this team. I just said it in a tongue-in-cheek way, because I’m well aware it’s all smoke and mirrors at this point. We will know more Saturday.

I just want to see what we look like. I want to see some degree of competence. I want confirmation that all the good things we’ve been hearing haven’t all been horseshit. In short…

I Still Want To Believe Fox Tv GIF by The X-Files

Reaction Score
.....so let me make sure I have this right... if we upset Utah State this weekend.....and then Utah State upsets Alabama in Tuscaloosa the following weekend....then we will be #1 in the country, right?! ;)
Yes, that's exactly right. UConn will go from the worst team in college football to AP #1 in the country after upsetting Utah St and throttling the Mighty Blue Devils of Central Connecticut State. And it will be a consensus #1 ranking. Mora will be immediately nominated for the Football Hall of Fame. The players will have to juggle their time between academics, football and the tidal wave of NIL offers each will receive. ;)

Reaction Score
Not ready to say CCSU will be easy at all. Last time we beat an FCS school by more than 7 points was 2011 vs. Fordham. That’s insanely bad.

I think we’ll have a better sense of how this team is after Utah St and CCSU.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
.....so let me make sure I have this right... if we upset Utah State this weekend.....and then Utah State upsets Alabama in Tuscaloosa the following weekend....then we will be #1 in the country, right?! ;)

This logic is irrefutable!

Reaction Score
Not ready to say CCSU will be easy at all. Last time we beat an FCS school by more than 7 points was 2011 vs. Fordham. That’s insanely bad.

Mazzone needed one week to have last year’s cast go from the worst team in FBS to giving Wyoming and Vandy all they could handle. Mora and Charlton will very likely have this much improved roster throttling CCSU. I’m not going to temper my expectations for that game. I just shouldn’t have to. I’d only be doing it to protect myself from the hurt.

We will destroy CCSU.

Reaction Score
Did you not see how Yale almost beat us last season? We should win that game but we lost to Holy Cross and almost lost to Yale soooooooooo
soooooooooo what? If we had last year's team playing with last year's coaches I get it, but UConn isn't playing with last years team and coaches.
CCSU has about a 1 in 20 chance of beating this UConn team, that's about as "given" as you get in sports.

Reaction Score
Mazzone needed one week to have last year’s cast go from the worst team in FBS to giving Wyoming and Vandy all they could handle. Mora and Charlton will very likely have this much improved roster throttling CCSU. I’m not going to temper my expectations for that game. I just shouldn’t have to. I’d only be doing it to protect myself from the hurt.

We will destroy CCSU.
Mazzone's success in changing the offensive game plan in literally the blink of an eye is the one thing that is giving me oodles of hope on the over 2.5 for this year. That alone said to me how much of a difference coaching can make and perhaps the player talent pool, while we certainly have and need to continue upgrading, isn't quite as bad as a 1-11 and years prior records say the player talent was or is.

Reaction Score
soooooooooo what? If we had last year's team playing with last year's coaches I get it, but UConn isn't playing with last years team and coaches.
CCSU has about a 1 in 20 chance of beating this UConn team, that's about as "given" as you get in sports.

Ok. Whatever. It’s like you and you people suffer from amnesia.

I’m not making any comments like you are until we actually playing football. Until then, it’s just wishful thinking.

You would think that anyone with a brain would learn this lesson after a decade of this crap.

Reaction Score
Sort of, at least for me. I’m serious that I’m buying into this staff in this team. I just said it in a tongue-in-cheek way, because I’m well aware it’s all smoke and mirrors at this point. We will know more Saturday.

I just want to see what we look like. I want to see some degree of competence. I want confirmation that all the good things we’ve been hearing haven’t all been horseshit. In short…

I Still Want To Believe Fox Tv GIF by The X-Files
I want to see exciting football. Not three yards and a cloud of Edsall.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Well the guys who put the $1k bets on Utah State to win the Natty will be disappointed (there's also a UConn mention in the article)

Reaction Score

Definitely agree that we’ll have a better understanding of this team after they play a couple games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom