Game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I saw a couple notes that said Adams looked a lot better and smoother with his jumper. Also from what I've read, the game turned around when Gilbert was running the show

Reaction Score
I don't put much weight on these games, but Vance Jackson's shooting is going to be great. Our offense is still pretty stale.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Kentan's play was encouraging early in the game. He was aggressive and showed some more patience when making moves on offense. I thought TL played pretty well. He showed some nice lateral quickness on defense...he could be a very good defender. Vance was probably the player of the game, as his 3's (which barely grazed net when going through) gave us big lifts. He gave up a 3 on D where he got caught pretty badly behind a screen, but will give him a pass in first game. He seems to have that Rashad A. cool about him when shooting, but let's see how he does on the real games (I'm betting he'll be very good when shooting open 3's. He also chose to pass up some open 3's early in the shot clock once and when he may have been a little too deep for an early 3.

Steve E. made a really nice left-handed jump hook, but was awful in the beginning of the game drawing 2 very quick fouls. He is just not a shotblocker, but let's hope he can get a handle on the quick fouling. It looks to me that Durham could be a shotblocker if he feels confident in his legs.

I hope that KO would give the ball to Jalen and try to have him push to make plays and get going more quickly. He seemed to get more comfortable early in the second half. I liked the way that Jalen and Alterique passed to each other.

Reaction Score
what about brimah?
Like a minute into the game he walked over to the bench and it looked like they were taping his fingers up. Could be why he only played like 15 minutes. That said, when he was on the floor he was a non-factor

Reaction Score
New haven was a smaller team and too quick for uconn bigs so ollie countered with going small and Brimah didn't play all that much.

Facey was the best big today. Larrier played well along with vance.

Not a good game to get a guage of what to expect during the season

Reaction Score
this guy has 4 followers lol i applaud the self promotion if its you.

lol it is me. Its easy to copy a tweet and post it here. I encourage everyone here to get a twitter handle (I just recently got one). Twitter brings the discussion of UConn to a broader audience to non-diehard fans as well as general college ball fans. Some really good posters on the boneyard so I want to continue to post on the boneyard as well. Is it self promotion if I don't get paid from any of this lol?

I also applaud your attempts to regurgitate general info on the internet and insinuate you have close ties to the team or have insider knowledge lol.

Reaction Score
What?

Sorry I don't know how they came out that way. Meant to say Alterique took too many shots and had poor shot selection. He should drive more and attempt to get to the rim more with his speed and acrobatic ability once in the air.

Reaction Score
To me it looked like purvis deferred to the young guys purposefully, even when open. He also was a tad out of control driving--definitely one charge, possibly two.

I think we need to temper expectations on Durham and diarra. Looks to me like diarra just doesn't have the iq yet, might have more of a Kentan type first year. Durham is just too skinny right now. I don't know how that will hold up against d1 competition. He also felt a little hesitant to me--but I could just be looking for it and projecting because I know about his knee surgeries. Has a good looking shot, needs to clean up his form slightly. But nothing major.

Now alterique surprised me. His shot was off, but he facilitated really well for the other guys. He'll be a warrior. He'll struggle because of his size, but I'd love for him to be that tiny 4 year guard people HATE to play against ( a la nic Moore with dunking ability). I think he will have trouble finishing at this level despite his hops and strength. He was pulling up for Js even against new haven.

Adams 1 3pt shot looked like a nice release, was just slightly long. We NEED him to be a shooter. I don't think he'll be a kemba or bazz upperclassmen type player yet. But damn he is a smooth athlete. He doesn't even look like he's running sometimes and he's beating guys down the court. I just can't explain it. Other than larrier (and Enoch if he improves) he might be our best pro prospect. Also noticed he put up a left side layup with his right hand again... this is a problem; not everyone is tony Parker!

I remember cassell having solid games against the d2 comp because of his good shot. I'm hoping that Vance height will allow him to translate the skill more to better competition. His shot is quick and true. Other than that, he seems to have an ok handle. His average athleticism will impact him more against tougher comp.

Larrier will take time to get back into rhythm as expected. But he is long, fast as all he11 and can shoot (had a 3 but his foot was on the line). I could see him finishing this year strong, or taking off next year and getting into the lottery. He's got that Paul George type vibe to me.

Facey looked confident. But he has every preseason--can he keep it up? I hope because we need a good body at the 4. That mid range JUmper would be awesome if he could keep it going to. He has a weird hitch in the shot, but it's not terrible.

Brimah had an off night.

ThTs all folks.

Of course this is all IMHO and it's just one game against d2 players. These ideas will change.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Purvis is WYSIWYG. He works hard but I don't trust his shot.

Not gunna lie, I had to look up "WYSIWYG" but I agree. Still hoping he has one more year of progress in the tank for his final season. If Purv builds off last season then that will be a big help for our young backcourt

Reaction Score
lol it is me. Its easy to copy a tweet and post it here. I encourage everyone here to get a twitter handle (I just recently got one). Twitter brings the discussion of UConn to a broader audience to non-diehard fans as well as general college ball fans. Some really good posters on the boneyard so I want to continue to post on the boneyard as well. Is it self promotion if I don't get paid from any of this lol?

I also applaud your attempts to regurgitate general info on the internet and insinuate you have close ties to the team or have insider knowledge lol.
You really mad for no reason. I was just noting the tweet you quoted was from a non journalist with 5 followers. its a bit bizarre to post your own tweets on the boneyard but carry on.

Reaction Score
Is there anywhere to watch the game on replay? I know TCF said he wasn't able to record it. If I pay for HuskyVision, will it show the replay?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You really mad for no reason. I was just noting the tweet you quoted was from a non journalist with 5 followers. its a bit bizarre to post your own tweets on the boneyard but carry on.
You'd be surprised. I know of at least 3 UConn basketball centric twitters that regularly get posted here and are written by Boneyarders. As for the 5 followers everyone has to start somewhere

Reaction Score
You'd be surprised. I know of at least 3 UConn basketball centric twitters that regularly get posted here and are written by Boneyarders. As for the 5 followers everyone has to start somewhere
who fishy? tcf? they have actual followings on twitter, this guy was posting his banal commentary tweets to try to gain traction here, then gets a dig in on me because he realizes how shameless it is. he can go buy followers they aren't that expensive.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
who fishy? tcf? they have actual followings on twitter, this guy was posting his banal commentary tweets to try to gain traction here, then gets a dig in on me because he realizes how shameless it is. he can go buy followers they aren't that expensive.
Idk afghusky is a good poster, I'll give him a pass.

Reaction Score
Is there anywhere to watch the game on replay? I know TCF said he wasn't able to record it. If I pay for HuskyVision, will it show the replay?
I know I was able to last year. Haven't tried this year though.

Reaction Score

Mr. James, I have posted my tweets twice on the boneyard, once on first night and today from the exhibition game. I posted by tweets b/c I know for first night and exhibition games these events are not on tv and not everyone can attend (yes I know some folks can watch via streaming but not many). I posted from the perspective of someone who is watching the event live. If I am not at a game or event I do not even really tweet much. I mostly retweet others or I reply to other people's tweets to ask questions or to engage in discussions on UConn bball (sometimes football and other sports too). Shoot I don't even post that much on the Boneyard (have been a active member since 2011 and was a lurker before then).

I love UConn and I love bball, yes I enjoy analyzing and engaging in conversations regarding UConn bball. As you have clearly pointed out I have very few followers, but you incorrectly stated I have 5 followers when in actuality I have 4, so "get some facts and come back and see me" ( a la Jim Calhoun). I would love to engage in twitter discussions on UConn bball (even with you) its fun and both boneyarders and non-boneyarders can join.

I may or may not post future tweets on the boneyard and it will depend most likely on the following, my mood, the event (or play), and my cell phone's battery life. I will not take into consideration whether you approve or not. If my future posts hurt you for longer than 4 hours after reading then please go see a doctor.

James just in general I really don't get mad, especially regarding something as silly as posts on the boneyard, but I don't mind taking a dig on a poster who takes a dig at me ;). I will not be responding to anymore of your posts in this thread (this took up way too much time to type for something silly).

Also shout out to BUConn10 for being a good guy. Maybe one day you, James and I can catch up and talk some UConn bball before or after a game!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I used to sign up and cancel it after the two exhibition games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01