Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I need a drink after that ending. Did Bazz really get T'd up for smiling?

Reaction Score
Frustrating ending, but kinda happy all in all. We showed a lot of depth and talent going up 17. Came unglued protecting the lead, but that's a problem we can work on, and it is mostly on Bazz for not orchestrating us well late. And I'm not worried about him at all.

Early in the year - still lots to work on, but lots of promise.

Reaction Score
Honestly, as frustrating as it was, the game was for the better. If we won by 15 and didn't get tested we don't learn much.
You are correct because playing Little Sisters of the Poor does nothing. KO now has a lot to work with and he will. let's also give maryland a little credit here.

Reaction Score
Rotation was pretty terrible by KO. But I'll chalk it up to KO trying to figure out what he has.

Reaction Score
I will take a win. There is a ton to be learned. considered we've been challenged.

Napier, as Sr. Captain (in my eyes), be more mature and control you emotion. Those two technical free throws could cost you!

Boatright, really needs to work on the defense and ball passing, if KO thinks he is a starter material.

Reaction Score
So what was that about? With a 15 pt lead , they fold like a cheep suit. No one can make a clutch freebie in the heat, and it all goes on a lucky foul on Brimah. What happened?

Reaction Score
I need a drink after that ending. Did Bazz really get T'd up for smiling?

It was positively Donny-Marshall-esque.

Now, that T hurt the momentum which brought the 17 point lead, but where that T hurt even more was in Napier fouling out.

Reaction Score
The major thing that kept Maryland in this game was free throws. They had 28 to our 13 and outscored us 21 to 8. We were the quicker team and the aggressor yet we didn't get into the bonus until 26 seconds left in the second half and that is after them trying to foul. We had a better field goal percentage, better three point percentage. more rebounds, more steals, the same amount of turnovers. We controlled in every area except fouls, free throws and free throw percentage.

Reaction Score
It was positively Donny-Marshall-esque.

Now, that T hurt the momentum which brought the 17 point lead, but where that T hurt even more was in Napier fouling out.

According to the announcer: Bazz got the T for speaking to the MD fans, smiling directly in the face of Refs.

Again, as Team Captain, you simply cannot let the emotion get the better of you. That's the moment changer!

Reaction Score
I will take a win. There is a ton to be learned. considered we've been challenged.

Napier, as Sr. Captain (in my eyes), be more mature and control you emotion. Those two technical free throws could cost you!

Boatright, really needs to work on the defense and ball passing, if KO thinks he is a starter material.

Without Boatright's defense on that last shot, there's a very good chance that we lose.

Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, I am very thankful we learned these lessons still getting the W. But I am straight up rattled at the lack of composure our experienced backcourt showed in that 2nd half combined with some questionable coaching moves. I don't even want to think about this board had this game gone the other way. And it came way too close to it.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
The major thing that kept Maryland in this game was free throws. They had 28 to our 13 and outscored us 21 to 8. We were the quicker team and the aggressor yet we didn't get into the bonus until 26 seconds left in the second half and that is after them trying to foul. We had a better field goal percentage, better three point percentage. more rebounds, more steals, the same amount of turnovers. We controlled in every area except fouls, free throws and free throw percentage.
Once we got the lead, we quit attacking and settled for perimeter shots. I think the refs did get caught up in the emotion of the crowd and the comeback as well, but official often tend to reward the team that is playing aggressively.
DD becoming less effective on his spin moves really hurt our momentum

Reaction Score
Without Boatright's defense on that last shot, there's a very good chance that we lose.

Could be, but overall his D needs to improve a lot. With his quickness he should be able to stay in front of his man. The box has him down for 37 minutes and I'd prefer to see some of those minutes go elsewhere to guys who can defend.

Reaction Score
Despite the last ten minutes, I will say the same thing I said in chat. This is a very entertaining team. There are so many different exciting parts, and I look forward to seeing them develop. We have more answers then we have had in a long time. Now Ollie has to meld all those parts together to prevent breakdowns like we had at the end. But I think that will come. If nothing else some of our young players got a baptism of fire tonight and survived it.

Reaction Score

Nice to see you stay positive... but guess who contributed majorly to the cause of there is a very good chance that we lose?

Rewatch the game, isolate Boatright's plays , and come back to discuss.

Reaction Score
I missed the first half so can somebody tell me how DD looked? I can say unequivocally that based on what I saw in the second half, other than one nice baseline slam, he was pretty much invisible out there.

Reaction Score
I missed the first half so can somebody tell me how DD looked? I can say unequivocally that based on what I saw in the second half, other than one nice baseline slam, he was pretty much invisible out there.

He had a decent first half, but Giff got more minutes because he was hot. The second half, especially the last 8 minutes became the bazz and boat show. Nobody else got involved in the offense on a consistent basis. Not sure why, but I hope it wasn't Ollie trying to milk the lead and slowing things down.

Reaction Score
Napier is a freakin stud I love our backcourt swagger. we talk alot of ish but we're also about that life

Reaction Score
Uconn lost all momentum after the technical was called on Bazz. Then the team started playing like freshmen. Not KO's best coaching job, but I'll take the win.

Reaction Score
Brimah played 15 minutes had 3 boards and 3 blocks, a couple of foolish fouls but it was his first game! If he was on the floor another 15 minutes how many inside shots would have been altered or blocked? We had 28 boards as did they, a very good rebounding team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom