Game thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
coulda woulda shoulda, pissed, but I'll get over it, we could be tied for first, it's a damn shame, but they played well despite the refs.

Reaction Score
77-71 1:28 left, never thought in a million years UConn would blow that. Even down 1 with 9.5 seconds, they got that. But they didn't.

Was actually 78-71... Porter hits a 3, we have a shot clock violation, Smith-Rivera hits a 3, Bazz turns it over, Porter layup, Boat goes 1 on 3 to end the game... Terrible offensive possessions down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Boat is a circus - has the mental strength of a flea. But I'm most mad at Bazz. That help defense to leave the guy open for a 3 is breathtakingly stupid. With leadership comes responsibility.

Reaction Score
Boatright has to work on his handle.

I think he needs to work on his mental attitude toward the game. He is in and out of it mentally. I realize he is a young man and we all were light minded at that age, but that is something he needs to work on. Certainly don't blame him for the loss, but he can do better. I think he will. Good game, nonetheless. Move on.

Reaction Score
I'm slowly coming off the ledge and will start appreciating this effort a little more. Won't be surprised if Bazz is out next game after gutting that one out on an ankle that will probably balloon up now. He could barely get back after his last turnover. DD was gassed but made enough big plays to win two games (take that shot in the corner, DD - only 4 seconds on the clock and you just hit one from there). Omar with a big, big shot. A lot of good takeaways.

Right now my biggest image of this game, though, is Boat getting out of Porter's way on the winning basket. He could have played D, but he stepped aside and tried to reach in. Bad D in the first five minutes. In the 50th minute? Ugh. Hope he was fooled by a pass fake or something. I'm not in the mood to watch a replay yet.

Reaction Score
I'm slowly coming off the ledge and will start appreciating this effort a little more. Won't be surprised if Bazz is out next game after gutting that one out on an ankle that will probably balloon up now. He could barely get back after his last turnover. DD was gassed but made enough big plays to win two games (take that shot in the corner, DD - only 4 seconds on the clock and you just hit one from there). Omar with a big, big shot. A lot of good takeaways.

Right now my biggest image of this game, though, is Boat getting out of Porter's way on the winning basket. He could have played D, but he stepped aside and tried to reach in. Bad D in the first five minutes. In the 50th minute? Ugh. Hope he was fooled by a pass fake or something. I'm not in the mood to watch a replay yet.

Boatright was abysmal. 5 for 15, 4 turnovers, ole' defense. Boatshow needs to be humbled a bit.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

as i have said, boat is the worst defender in memory but his closed minded offensive play in the final moments just proves he is an always me first player. when they look at film and see he could have passed off for the win twice i am thinking ollie will be in his face

Reaction Score

Looked like a courtesy ball swipe on the way by to me. It was a scramble play and Porter is an excellent player, but both DD and Niels got beat and Boat did his usual on the way by.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

BIGGEST TAKE AWAY- WE DIDNT HELP CUSE

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
One things for sure we have exposed Cuse and Gtown
i dont see any BE teams making it ti final4 UCONN is either that good or cuse and gtown are over rated jury still out

Reaction Score
Looked like a courtesy ball swipe on the way by to me. It was a scramble play and Porter is an excellent player, but both DD and Niels got beat and Boat did his usual on the way by.

You could be right. I thought he was in position to step in, but maybe all he really could have done is foul. In hindsight, a foul would have been preferable, but in real time, you don't want to put them on the line.

In 2004, Oak would have made the game-saving block on Foye, and all would be right in the world.

Reaction Score
i dont see any BE teams making it ti final4 UCONN is either that good or cuse and gtown are over rated jury still out

the field overrall isnt very strong it all depends on the luck of the draw, its funny how ever since we beat Cuse they have gone on a downward slope well see what happens with Gtown. We have our flaws but were a good team with a ton of heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom