Game thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't delete anyone's posts.

Nomar, you're consistently missing the point. The refs said it was the proper call, they said you can hit the backboard. Sheesh.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That's funny since apparently you're missing mine. I don't have an issue, obviously, with people academically discussing a particular call. What I was responding to was (a) people saying that non-call affected the outcome and (b) general whining about the reffing. Just because you got defensive doesn't mean that I was directing my comment at you, nor does it mean that people didn't do what I said they did. They did, or I wouldn't have commented.

Reaction Score
That's funny since apparently you're missing mine. I don't have an issue, obviously, with people academically discussing a particular call. What I was responding to was (a) people saying that non-call affected the outcome and (b) general whining about the reffing. Just because you got defensive doesn't mean that I was directing my comment at you, nor does it mean that people didn't do what I said they did. They did, or I wouldn't have commented.

OK, I didn't see anyone saying it impacted the outcome until after all the bellyaching about ref complaints. In fact, I went back and it's still the case.

Reaction Score
Nomar, you're consistently missing the point. The refs said it was the proper call, they said you can hit the backboard. Sheesh.

The referees were wrong.........trying to block a shot and actually having a chance to block a shot are 2 different things.....they misinterpreted whether he could block the shot or not and he couldn't so this was in intentional backboard slap period, watch it. Bazz threw it too high for a legal block so they were wrong!! Goaltending!!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
OK, I didn't see anyone saying it impacted the outcome until after all the bellyaching about ref complaints. In fact, I went back and it's still the case.

Interesting timeline. About a dozen people complained about the call, which of course is perfectly natural, and two people said officiating affected the outcome. After a couple people said the refs didn't change the outcome, two people expressly said that the non-call did. Maybe that doesn't fit your timeline but to me that's proof.

Reaction Score
Interesting timeline. About a dozen people complained about the call, which of course is perfectly natural, and two people said officiating affected the outcome. After a couple people said the refs didn't change the outcome, two people expressly said that the non-call did. Maybe that doesn't fit your timeline but to me that's proof.

Right, that's how I see it.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think we successfully beat that to death!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom