Game thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Good challenge on the last shot by Giffey!
Excellent, hard-fought win

Reaction Score
honestly, i came into this season with few expectations. already, this team as exceeded what i thought would happen. to be outrebounded like we were and still win on the road, says alot. cant help but think if last years team had this years disposition.......what could have been?

Reaction Score
With the bigs out, I was wondering if LEON would make an appear?

Reaction Score
Had to follow the game on game cast while reading o my son......the stinker wouldn't sleep. Needless to say there was a noticeable pause on the last play....whew!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Ryan Boatright....almost threw that game away

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I know I'm opening myself up to all kinds of flaming by saying this, but Giffey was flat out HORRIBLE tonight. Though it wasn't his fault that he was assigned Batts... that was just bat- crazy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I know I'm opening myself up to all kinds of flaming by saying this, but Giffey was flat out HORRIBLE tonight. Though it wasn't his fault that he was assigned Batts... that was just bat- crazy.
I agree with you. Outside of that small window in which UConn went up 5 points towards the end of regulationNG was always a step out of position or had butter on his hands or was afraid to do anything on the offensive end. And then that scrum in which he finally got tired of getting fouled with no calls took place. I thought NG was going to get a flagrant he got so ticked. It was the play in which three Providence players were on the floor under the UConn basket. In the next minute NG played like his usual self. But in his defense everyone had an off game to say the least and the team still won!

Reaction Score
I agree with you. Outside of that small window in which UConn went up 5 points towards the end of regulationNG was always a step out of position or had butter on his hands or was afraid to do anything on the offensive end. And then that scrum in which he finally got tired of getting fouled with no calls took place. I thought NG was going to get a flagrant he got so ticked. It was the play in which three Providence players were on the floor under the UConn basket. In the next minute NG played like his usual self. But in his defense everyone had an off game to say the least and the team still won!

Where was Tyler on that play?

Reaction Score
Happy to get the W. Was watching on delay which allowed me to fast forward through about 100 providence rebounds. That one play where there was no call the PC goon was literally was giving Giffey the business.

Nice way to finish, we outlasted them and took everything they could give. They lost their "game of the year". Kids will learn from tonight AND they get the win on the road. Going to be some tough practices this week!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He was not. He was near the foul line.
Might as well have been on the bench then! None of the bigs were rebounding obviously. I think there were four or five plays NG had the ball in his hands and couldn't come away with the ball. It was weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom