Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are these the same announcers? Yes. "Boatright rarely takes jumpers. And when he takes them, he rarely makes them."

Reaction Score
I have it on mute, is it the same ones as yesterday who kept saying Quinni-PEE-ac?

Given that we were losing at the time and he kept saying Quinni-PEE-ac I almost smashed my computer.
Yep and they suck

Reaction Score
These commentators talk like the audience has never watched a basketball game before: "it really makes you a better player when you can score as well."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Awful half. Really awful. Lucky to be down 3.

Who was guarding Snell? Literally open by FIFTEEN FEET.

Reaction Score
"I like point guards who can also score. I think it makes them better players, kind of like a dual threat..."

Exceedingly insightful Mr. Announcer...

Reaction Score
Team looks very undisciplined

Very unhappy with RJ on defense. His man is blowing by him EVERY time.

Reaction Score
Awful half. Really awful. Lucky to be down 3.

Who was guarding Snell? Literally open by FIFTEEN FEET.

DD - ball watching. Went to the glass anticipating a shot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Team looks very undisciplined

Very unhappy with RJ on defense. His man is blowing by him EVERY time.
Not just RJ. It's everyone. And why is there always a free shoot in the corner against us?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is it too much to ask to have one half where we play well? We looked great for ten minutes against Michigan State and since then, we've done just enough to win -- which is obviously paramount. I expected some rough patches this season, but I also thought maybe we'd have some, you know, games where we looked good too.

I realize this sounds whiny. We're in the championship game. Not exactly Maui competition or quality of play, though. I'm looking for more than 25 points a half, though. I don't think that's too much to ask.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
My first criticism of Kevin this year is that he needs to call a timeout here and there. Yeah, we're not really giving up big runs. But there have been many good opportunities to cure issues.

Reaction Score
Is it too much to ask to have one half where we play well? We looked great for ten minutes against Michigan State and since then, we've done just enough to win -- which is obviously paramount. I expected some rough patches this season, but I also thought maybe we'd have some, you know, games where we looked good too.

I realize this sounds whiny. We're in the championship game. Not exactly Maui competition or quality of play, though. I'm looking for more than 25 points a half, though. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Have you taken a look at our roster? Our bigs? There's gonna be a lot of this play at times this year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A couple of things...

They're killing us from the free throw line - 11-11.

Wolf and Olander have seven shots and zero rebounds. No disrespect to those two, but if they're not rebounding, they are as useful to us as someone sitting in the stands. Actually, less useful, because they should never, ever SHOOT THE duck*ING BALL FROM 20' OUT.

Reaction Score

Yeah, honestly, you sound whiny as ****.

Reaction Score
It'll probably take Napier going gonzo to win this one. NM is getting too many good looks - blowing by us too easy. Their D is better on the ball, and they bring help more effectively, so we're forced into high degree of difficulty shots more often.

And their big goofy white guy is making shots better than ours. The BGWG factor can change games. The under-publicized factor in the Dream Season was that Cyrulik gave us the BGWG edge most nights.

Reaction Score
I might've expected too much out of Boatright, it's obviously very early in the season but I expected a leap that just isn't there yet

Reaction Score
Not just RJ. It's everyone. And why is there always a free shoot in the corner against us?

RJ, Boat and Bazz, all playing OLE' defense, very disappointing..........Bazz starting to stay under control on the offensive end but was being too pretty early as was Boat - too loosey goosey - just play basketball, if you have a fastbreak make the best pass to score not the prettiest one!......bad decision making by so many people and Omar has had a couple of ill-advised passes, Giffey threw a 3 up without having a good handle on it.........want some solid possessions, run some offense and move, move, move..........the bigs don't look great but reality is if the guards continuously get beat they are in for trouble......pretty much 3 ugly halves in a row.........see what happens....all in all only down 3 see what their made of soon again!!!:eek:

Reaction Score
I might've expected too much out of Boatright, it's obviously very early in the season but I expected a leap that just isn't there yet

You have to understand, he's not used to playing the first couple weeks of the season. This is new.

Reaction Score
RJ, Boat and Bazz, all playing OLE' defense, very disappointing..........Bazz starting to stay under control on the offensive end but was being too pretty early as was Boat - too loosey goosey - just play basketball, if you have a fastbreak make the best pass to score not the prettiest one!......bad decision making by so many people and Omar has had a couple of ill-advised passes, Giffey threw a 3 up without having a good handle on it.........want some solid possessions, run some offense and move, move, move..........the bigs don't look great but reality is if the guards continuously get beat they are in for trouble......pretty much 3 ugly halves in a row.........see what happens....all in all only down 3 see what their made of soon again!!!:eek:

That behind the back pass to Daniels on the break absolutely sucked.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Have you taken a look at our roster? Our bigs? There's gonna be a lot of this play at times this year.

Um, yeah, I have. And I know.

Reaction Score
That behind the back pass to Daniels on the break absolutely sucked.

I disagree. Daniels ankles were wide open. Not Napier's fault that his ankles couldn't handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32