Game thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn had a good lead until that crazy sequence with Tyler getting fouled on the drive and the no over the back call on Oriakhi's rebound, and then AO's 4th foul.

Big turning point.

Reaction Score
Still, this should absolutely be a tournament team and a scary one at that.

Scary in that we look good on paper and can play top teams close? Sure. We've played tight with Syracuse for about 100 of 120 minutes this season.

But scary in that we can actually pull the upset? Our best win this year is Florida State. I just don't see the evidence.

Reaction Score
Oh well. And 8 or 9 seed is about what we deserve so you can't be too upset.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We'll be a 10. Hopefully avoid Creighton and draw OSU or Missouri in round 3.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

H

huskymagic

this loss in on Calhoun for keeping Napier in the game for making crucial mistakes down the stretch and not putting Giffey in the game as a stabilizer until the last minute making it too late

Reaction Score
Buzzer went off before the jam

Thought the ball went off the Cuse player, not Napier

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
this loss in on Calhoun for keeping Napier in the game for making crucial mistakes down the stretch and not putting Giffey in the game as a stabilizer until the last minute making it too late
:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm upset (of course) but won't rant because overall it was a good tourney and lost to an awesome team. But why all year have their been long periods of time were we run NO offense? I don't get it. They just sit around, this has to be coaching. I've never seen an offense that doesn't run any offense at all at any level. Someone please explain? Because that has bothered me all year.

Reaction Score
Don't agree. Where was AO down the stretch?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm upset (of course) but won't rant because overall it was a good tourney and lost to an awesome team. But why all year have their been long periods of time were we run NO offense? I don't get it. They just sit around, this has to be coaching. I've never seen an offense that doesn't run any offense at all at any level. Someone please explain? Because that has bothered me all year.

It's the point guard. For all the good things he does, he thinks he's better than he is. 5-17 and still took twice as many shots as Lamb.

Reaction Score
this team is only good for like 25 minutes, we win 2 games in the tounrney, tops

Reaction Score
Also one more thing I'm not sure where lamb's head is at times? He seems like he doesn't care and gets down. This is a red flag that him and calhoun have to fix for the big dance.

H

huskymagic

i told u guys already the momentum changed when Napier and Boat were on a breakaway and Napier instead of passing to a wide open Boatright for a dunk he forces it and misses and that just deflated the whole UCONN team. That would have been a dagger and Napier keeps finding ways to try to be the hero instead of being a winner. Lamb is once again happy playing robin instead of batman, and doesnt even demand the ball last 7 minutes.

Reaction Score
It's the point guard. For all the good things he does, he thinks he's better than he is. 5-17 and still took twice as many shots as Lamb.

this doesn't explain running no offense does it? Calhoun will let him run isolation almost the whole game? I doubt it. NO ONE even moves. Been doing it all year if you watch other teams they are running an actual offense constantly moving and passing and cutting we don't do that.

Reaction Score
this doesn't explain running no offense does it? Calhoun will let him run isolation almost the whole game? I doubt it. NO ONE even moves. Been doing it all year if you watch other teams they are running an actual offense constantly moving and passing and cutting we don't do that.

They moved well today but they looked like they were dead tired.

Reaction Score
Alex D. is unbelievable bad with rebounds. I've watched him assiduously in the past 2 games, and he stands and watches the shot go up, and watches the rebound go back over his head, and still stands, as though he's memorized by the rebound. Man, not so sure what the pros will make of that type of talent!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why was this the case? Oh right perimeter defense is optional.

But they still needed to hit them. Given several open looks like that, I don't expect a conversion rate of 100%, and we'd be happy if our guys hit a third of them. They knocked them all down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom