Game Thread... | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Game Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't see this team being better next year.. its not an experience thing.. its a effort thing

And there is no reason to play with more effort next year since there will be nothing to play for.

Reaction Score
AO decides to get physical down low ( but loses the ball like every time!) on the last play of the game! this guy is playing better but come on. Guy has hands bigger then my head but drops the ball 99% of touches.

Reaction Score
The horrendous, horrendous first half, combined with the bonehead technical foul and brutal officiating was too much to overcome. Also didn't like that again, they just gave up in this one at the 4 minute mark...yes, down by double digits, but the effort has to be 40 minutes

Reaction Score
we have two absolute MONSTERS and a way bigger team but let them out rebound us and let their center score 29. They just wanted it more. UConn needs some serious leadership.

Reaction Score
They are on the cusp of having to win the BE tournament to get into the NCAA tournament. They won't beat Cuse, and one slip up against Nova, Providence, or Pitt, and they don't belong with a losing conference record

Reaction Score
Twice now that a team that plays with a small guard laden lineup is a matchup problem. They're able to take advantage of their edge, we aren't with ours.

Gottlieb, for all he is, summed it up well. Effort & leadership. While difficult to drum up leadership, there isn't much excuse on the effort end. For a team that played so well defensively last year, no excuse that they are this bad this year. It's so hard to have faith in a team that plays with no sense of urgency. Some of us in the Boatright camp may have been a little premature in thinking he was going to be the difference maker. Has played like a freshman the last few.

Reaction Score
Tough loss. Watching the games of late, remembers me of a lot of our teams in the past. When they have one eye on the NBA and one eye on college, we can never have a team that is focused. You can tell that some of the players are thinking ahead to the next level. Which is ok. But when you are not focused on the task at hand, you can never win. We are not focused at all. It shows. Which is sad. We are too talented of a team to not be ranked. We are too talented of a team to play with no energy or focus. I love my Huskies but you can look at the games and see that not everyone is "All-In" We are better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom