Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thdy score in flow rising above defenders at will we are tentative and don't even look at the basket till 8 seconds are left

Reaction Score
I'm watching on CBS2 NY and I haven't had one problem with the feed

Reaction Score
it's your carrier- CBS is fine.... i have DISH and it's been perfect the whole time

Not the carrier hot stepper. I have Cox my dad has Comcast. Happening in both places.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
down 2 tv up.. we lose... thanks cbs..

this game was shaping up alot different till we got hurt... they shot lights out.. if they shot how they did against georgetown we win..

i blame the cbs feed.

Reaction Score
It could be CBS's signal to H.I.T.S.

Reaction Score
Disagree. They could have folded multiple times. The fact that they lost, on the road to the #2 team in the country, doesn't mean they don't have mental toughness. I think they showed a ton of it. Syracuse just shot the lights out of the ball.
Literally, every time they got the game close, the defense just fell apart and they allowed easy drives or layups, missed free throws, left three point shooters wide open.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Disagree. They could have folded multiple times. The fact that they lost, on the road to the #2 team in the country, doesn't mean they don't have mental toughness. I think they showed a ton of it. Syracuse just shot the lights out of the ball.
Did our perimeter defense have anything to do with it? This is the chicken or the egg question. Given our poor perimeter D this season, I'd say it was our defense.

Reaction Score
so much fight today from our boys gotta be proud to be a husky fan today no matter the outcome.

Oh yeah. I am proud of the team no matter what. Tough loss. But we can learn from this moment and build on it.

Reaction Score
Neither of Jardine's three's were contested. Just because the defender is close by doesn't mean it's defended - how do you not get your hand up on a guy that you know wants to shoot it who just nailed one? Sitting in a crouch close to a shooter is no different than playing 10 feet away. It's just little things with this team, in game adjustments, reading situations, having a feel at all. When you're an underdog on the road playing from down 2 with 6 to go, you have to play smart there. Game over - the game had the feeling of one that Cuse was going to grab at some point, Kellogg saw it, hoped that we could get lucky here. But on to the next game. Now these game start becoming more than must win. Certainly an improvement over Lville? Let's see if Blaney keeps coaching and winds up being a minus .500 coach in his assistant role/career at Uconn.
a few of them were not contested, but 4 of their made threes today were with guys right in their face rising up with them.... and when you hit a running floater while fading 6 feet to the baseline, you know it's your day...

that being said, if we had done a better job hitting free throws, it might have been a different game as well...

Reaction Score
very classy Syracuse lets not run out the clock, kick em while their down. How dare they come into our dome and give us a game.

Reaction Score
Thdy score in flow rising above defenders at will we are tentative and don't even look at the basket till 8 seconds are left

And this is pretty much it, it seems like all their guys minus Kita and Christmas(who barely play) all have confidence to rise up and shoot the first open look. I mean compare someone coming off the bench like Southerland shooting 25 footers in rhythm while Roscoe gets the ball wide open 10 feet from the basket and shuffling his feet for a worse look, or Giffey passing up wide open 3s in the first half. One of our best players in Lamb is hesitating to take wide open jumpers in the first half, while their 7th man is taking them in rhythm with all of the confidence in the world.

Reaction Score
59% from the field. 62% from 3. Story of the game.

Reaction Score
Its one thing that our team can't shot, but the fact that we give up these 18-1 runs or the like nearly every game is so un-Calhoun like. The defense is awful, and the lack of any toughness is tough to comprehend!

Reaction Score
Not the carrier hot stepper. I have Cox my dad has Comcast. Happening in both places.

well that's funny, because CBS was fine for me... :) which means it wasn't the CBS feed

Reaction Score
Its one thing that our team can't shot, but the fact that we give up these 18-1 runs or the like nearly every game is so un-Calhoun like. The defense is awful, and the lack of any toughness is tough to comprehend!
Lazy lazy lazy. Boat is the only one with heart. Drummond was playing hard until he went down

Reaction Score
Oh yeah. I am proud of the team no matter what. Tough loss. But we can learn from this moment and build on it.
People will see this score and immediately think we played terribly again, fact is this was one of our better games in a while. Give credit to Syracuse they shot the lights out our d wasn't as bad as the numbers say. I would argue we've got a solid shot at turning this around, key is Shabazz and Lamb we need Bazz to play like he did today looking for others before himself and Lamb needs to get his shot going. I know most think we are dead in the water but there were a lot of positives today.

Reaction Score

"hotstepper"?!??!! yea i don't know what i'm talking about at all....

oh i'm sorry, you're right- my CBS feed was realllllllly bad too.... somehow it must have been my tv or my vision that made it appear perfectly normal lol

Reaction Score
They played okay minus some real hiccups.............Andre's injury hurt as they were ready to take it to them inside and with ease..........maybe not a win still but a better game........anyone who whines about open 3's and no heart doesn't get it...............they shot out of their a** and it happens.............nothing you can do.....plenty of passion out there and they will win a few more if they play like this and jsut take care of the ball a little better from the bigs!! All in all saw more positive.

If Waiters and Joseph continued to go to the hole up 17 with 30 seconds left someone needs to go down hard!!!! It's BS....baskethanging to boot!!

Reaction Score
well that's funny, because CBS was fine for me... :) which means it wasn't the CBS feed

Unless DISH's feed is different that Cox and Comcasts feed. Which is entirely possible seeing that the MSO's utilize HITS.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Fwiw, WFSB appears to be the problem, both HD and non-HD. I finally switched to the NY feed and had no problems. Well, other than the game itself...

Reaction Score
Unless DISH's feed is different that Cox and Comcasts feed. Which is entirely possible seeing that the MSO's utilize HITS.

I have ATT U-verse and it did the same thing, skipped for the final what 5 minutes? Although it was a blessing in disguise.
So basically it was a CBS issue I'd assume since Cox, Comcast and U-Verse all were f-d up.

Reaction Score

lol, you're right, i wasn't watching the CBS feed... totally my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member