Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alex with two points and two boards. Really? Story of the season. Alex sucks then plays well but bazz sucks. Bazz plays well today and Alex sucks. Its always one guy (or two or three) each game. I'm not expecting every guy to play well every game but you can't have an important player completely suck each game and expect to win.

Reaction Score
I loved how we played most of the game. Great ball movement, far fewer bad shots (especially from Drummond and Shabazz) than we've seen recently. Unfortunately when they got on a run and cut the cuse lead down, there just wasn't that killer instinct to keep the pressure on. It just feels like they get complacent when it gets close.

Reaction Score
for a team with as many players, regardless of them being just sophomores, that played in alot of pressure packed tourney games last year and kept their cool during, seemed to have totally forgotten how to value the ball on too many occasions during the game today. Devoid of Kemba has had a crippling affect in their composure unfortunately.

A serious flaw that won't bode well with the rest of these remaining games becoming must wins, as it appears they've painted themselves into a corner that'll be hard to undo if this keeps up. Too many one step forward, 2 steps back segments that shouldn't be happening at this point in a season.

The passing the ball around the perimeter is pointless against the zone if they aren't going to get it into the foul line area, which they did, but then abandoned at the worst possible time. Excasberated by the overall sloppy play in the last few minutes, especially when they kept themselves in it with a real chance to take the game right down to the wire with better decision making and defense.

Credit to the team that they fought them tough to a degree before wilting, something hopefully they can use to recover their confidence.

H

huskymagic

magicman get off your high horse. Jeremy is not playing well but he's okay. Roscoe was dreadful as was Andre. If either played decent we'd be at least tied. Alex got screwed on his 2nd foul, his first was dumb on the charge. Andre's first trying to take a charge was again, really immature. Cuse is playing out of their respeective a**es and it happens. Joseph is playing as well as he can and Fab making jumpers is just pure unfortunate luck. Even his layup was blocked in by Alex.

The truth is Roscoe let up 2 FT's a dunk on an alley oop, traveled, threw a pass ahead of the court to Waiters and missed a jumper. If you can't do anything with it at the post you can't play vs Cuse. Andre threw 2 awful passes, missed 3 opps for weasy dunks instead trying to be nice and made stupid fouls. These 2 players are the key to them coming back, either both playing better or staying out of the lineup. The guards were great, Boat and Bazz both. Problem is Boeheims adjustments will be simple - it will be more of a 3-2 with them keying on the guards knowing thats the only way we can score. They will make the bigs make plays and they can't - or at least they better!!

guess you spoke too early on Drummond lol. Roscoe is out best bet at the 3 spot as Daniels is uanble to play and giffey doesnt bring much either so who else can you throw out on the court. Cj Fair was hurting us all day, Roscoe has to be the one guarding him and sticking like white on rice. Good to see Drummond dominating like he was before he injured his ankle. I took a lot of positives out of this game. No reason why we cant be 4-2 or 5-1 next 6 games.

Reaction Score
guess you spoke too early on Drummond lol. Roscoe is out best bet at the 3 spot as Daniels is uanble to play and giffey doesnt bring much either so who else can you throw out on the court. Cj Fair was hurting us all day, Roscoe has to be the one guarding him and sticking like white on rice. Good to see Drummond dominating like he was before he injured his ankle. I took a lot of positives out of this game. No reason why we cant be 4-2 or 5-1 next 6 games.

Hey goofy Andre was awful until he started getting it, I didn't talk too soon and was more than happy he became what he needs to be all the time. He was a man for about 5-6 minutes before he rolled his ankle but prior to that, 1st half included, was soft and slow with the ball. Needs to finish strong on everything as he will at least get fouled. As far as Roscoe you need to explain what you saw from him today that actually would allow him to get off the bench. No confidence whatsover and just a dreadful passer. It translated to defense too which it didn's last year. Unaware of where the offensive people were, he was really plain awful all day. I feel for Roscoe and want him to play well, but days like this do not help get him minutes. If you saw something else let me know because I may be going blind then!!;)

H

huskymagic

Hey goofy Andre was awful until he started getting it, I didn't talk too soon and was more than happy he became what he needs to be all the time. He was a man for about 5-6 minutes before he rolled his ankle but prior to that, 1st half included, was soft and slow with the ball. Needs to finish strong on everything as he will at least get fouled. As far as Roscoe you need to explain what you saw from him today that actually would allow him to get off the bench. No confidence whatsover and just a dreadful passer. It translated to defense too which it didn's last year. Unaware of where the offensive people were, he was really plain awful all day. I feel for Roscoe and want him to play well, but days like this do not help get him minutes. If you saw something else let me know because I may be going blind then!!;)

this isnt they type of game that roscoe excels in when he is playing against the zone but he was ok. I feel bad for Scoe because he doesn't have a position he is a natural 3 and should play the small forward position but we are trying to utilize him as a power forward which he should not be playing as hes undersized and underweight. Roscoe just needs to work on his shot a lot more and be given the confidence and nod to play the 3 not the 4. We have Alex and Olander to play the 4 and Drummond and Alex to play the 5. One thing is for certain we need to start recruting better guys who can shoot the ball, and who are strong with the ball. I would love to see us go hard after Devonta Pollard and see if he has an interest in playing at UCONN but I doubt we get him. He is the type of small forward that we need. He is the next Lamar Odom.

Reaction Score
this isnt they type of game that roscoe excels in when he is playing against the zone but he was ok. I feel bad for Scoe because he doesn't have a position he is a natural 3 and should play the small forward position but we are trying to utilize him as a power forward which he should not be playing as hes undersized and underweight. Roscoe just needs to work on his shot a lot more and be given the confidence and nod to play the 3 not the 4. We have Alex and Olander to play the 4 and Drummond and Alex to play the 5. One thing is for certain we need to start recruting better guys who can shoot the ball, and who are strong with the ball. I would love to see us go hard after Devonta Pollard and see if he has an interest in playing at UCONN but I doubt we get him. He is the type of small forward that we need. He is the next Lamar Odom.
classic after loss post, Are you drunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01